Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any behavioural changes after starting cding?

Lightbulb any behavioural changes after starting cding?

This question may not be relevent to sisters who started cding from a young age. But some of us who realise at a later date that there is a femenine side inside us, and begin to try out cding, i want to know, if anybody has noticed any behaverial changes, either by themselves or by others and commented on it.

As for as I am concerned, since i began to dress up at 38, Ifound myself gradually becoming less agressive at my work place, and more empathatic towards others. another thing i noticed is I have become more emotional and dont even try to hide my emotions. these have also been noticed and commented on by others ,who are not aware of my cross dressing habits, since i have not ventured out yet, except of course lingerie, which i always use under my DRAB clothes .

I would like to know about your experiences
    Urmi

Urmi, first off welcome to the forum. I really started to accept my feminine side later than some (58) and of those who I have told I am TG/TS said they could see the change but were not sure why. Another gg friend from the past said she was not surprised because I did not seem to fit the males in our group. For me I have fought or did not understand why I was different but when I did it was just natural to shift my attitude and mannerisms. Does that make sense?

By the why you have a interesting name, could I be so bold to ask where you are from or what it means? Have a wonderful day and huggs to you.

Teri

yes,,, deffintly for me,, I learned after cding how to use the bathroom,, I have been a cd since at least the age of 4,, cant remember before that but know I did it,,, I have gotten more relaxed and also learned to deal with women and appriciate them more and knowing what they go thru daily like cordinating and makeup,, sometimes it can be such a pain just to exit the door so I have been more understanding,, not to mention jealous,,LOL
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

thanks Teri and Amy
    I am from India. Urmila i s a name of an atractive indian film actress. that is how i picked up that name. actually it is female charector from Hindu Epic "Ramayana" in Sanskrit laungage and i am sure it has a meaning, which unfortunately I dint know
    hugs urmi

I've noticed some of my female personality traits migrating into my male personality in a good way. I believe it has made me a better person overall and more understanding and empathic. It's subtle, but it is there.

when texting i use the word yupperz (yes) from time to time lol

funny thing one of the first times i cd and i had to pee i did so standing up fully dressed

i wish i had a picture lol

Absolutely I've seen changes, in similar ways - less agressive, more empathy, happier...I've had severL comments from my staff and my wife...all good.

I see my acceptance of my female side as a great benefit not only to myself but others as well - most importantly, my wife. And I think those benefits help her deal with Marissa's existence within our relationship.

If there is no positive benefit, then why expect your SO to be happy with the changes?

I'm glad you're seeing positive changes too!

Marissa
    Just like everybody else does

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    My wrists are limper, I walk like a girl, I stand funny, my voice is different, I have a lisp now, when I put my hands on my hips my thumbs face forward, I cokk my hip off to one side, I tend to bat my eyes, I just act more like a girl.

All observations by my wife. Suhweet!

Oh, this, btw, is what I call FSL...Femme Side Leakage. I don't know how much it happens to others, but it has been progressive for me over the past several years. I know some girls rigidly keep their two personas totally seperated, but for me, Joni and John are just more and more the same person.

As far as other things that are considered typically "feminine" like consideration of other's feelings, being kind and understanding for the most part, not hurting someone else merely for the sake of doing so, not being rude or inconsiderate simply because it's how guys are, I have always been that way.

Hugs...Joni Mari

And, oh yes, I had to mis-spell "cokk", as in "cokk my hip off to one side". This whole censorship thing is so silly. Suppose I meant ****, as in a rooster? Suppose I used the word petcock, as in a valve for releasing fluids from a container? Uhh, okay, we'll give that one a miss. But still, there are innocuous uses of the word **** that are not sexual or vulgar. Hah! Petcock got by! So having a petcock is okay! Good grief.
    Last edited by Joni Marie Cruz; 08-08-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Welcome to the Forum.

I think every CD will have some female type thingy's cross over it's natural and I do agree wih all the comments around how we tend to become softer/kinder in our words and actions. I know when my wife will ask if I mind that she does not put on makeup on a Sat, I know what she goes through it's ok to take a break.

As for me I had my first kinda experience when I was 12, but nothing until about 4 years ago and now I've had many a fun times since 2007. Other then my shaved legs that one friend did notice (and my wife defended - she loves the smooth legs) no one has said a word. I do catch my self every so often sitting a little to much like a ladie......hehehe

Sandy
    Last edited by SandyR; 08-08-2009 at 01:54 PM.
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Quote Originally Posted by SandyR View Post
    Welcome to the Forum.

I think every CD will have some female type thingy's cross over it's natural and I do agree wih all the comments around how we tend to become softer/kinder in our words and actions. I know when my wife will ask if I mind that she does not put on make on a Sat, I know what she goes through it's ok to take a break.

As for me I had my first kinda experience when I was 12, but nothing until about 4 years ago and now I've had many a fun times since 2007. Other then my shaved legs that one friend did notice (and my wife defended - she loves the smooth legs) no one has said a word. I do catch my self every so often sitting a little to much like a ladie......hehehe

Sandy
    I also noticed my aggressive side is not so aggressive, I'm more thoughtful before I speak, and that I also have changed the way I talk, walk, and act.

Even though i've been "male" for the past 3 years, I still think Rach has her moments and makes me shine for the best!
    Lots of Love,
    Rach
    xxxxx

I understand my wife a lot more.

I have a better understading of what it means to be a woman. I would say I am less aggressiveand more relaxed.

Like Teri Jean I did not start until late in life, but there have been changes. I am softer, more accepting and very aware of my female side and not so afraid to hide it. my legs have to be shaved or I feel unkempt, I wear some make up whenever I think can, wear panties and hate the feel of normal underware. I notice how woman dress and freely tell attractive women that they look great. Commenting on their dress, shoes, etc.

I've been into crossdressing since I was a kid. Probably two or three. I don't think I have any female traits, characteristics, or mannerisms when I'm in my everyday guy mode. Wait......my wife says that I'm like a girl because I like communicating. If there's a problem, I like to get it on the table , talk about it, and solve it. I really wouldn't consider this being a female thing, just a very logical trait for a human to have.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Oh, this, btw, is what I call FSL...Femme Side Leakage.

I almost sprayed coffee all over my keyboard. Please be careful with stuff like that... it's dangerous!

As for ****, well, that's just something you'll find on a farm... along with petcocks, cockerels, and cocky people. What poppycock.

If it's leaking, get prepared to get called out on it!
    My hips sway, they stick out to the side when I stand still, and yes, my hand goes on them immediately.... the limp wrist dangle happens to both hands constantly... voice goes high...

BUT all of these things happened 100 times a day BEFORE I started coming to terms with myself, only I would consciously cover them up. It feels much better letting the leak free. Do get called out on it from time to time. Last time, I gave the GG a click in the air, turned, and sashed my hips on out of there! LOL!

Think it puzzels people, b/c on some level, they know you're not quite gay... but then... what!?!?

... what INDEED!!! LOL!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by urmilaaa2008
    This question may not be relevent to sisters who started cding from a young age. But some of us who realise at a later date that there is a femenine side inside us, and begin to try out cding, i want to know, if anybody has noticed any behaverial changes, either by themselves or by others and commented on it.

As for as I am concerned, since i began to dress up at 38, Ifound myself gradually becoming less agressive at my work place, and more empathatic towards others. another thing i noticed is I have become more emotional and dont even try to hide my emotions.

[SIZE="2"]Definitely. I’m not aggressive by nature, but wearing female clothes creates a calm space I love to crawl into – it’s like being hugged by someone. I usually work in my studio all dressed up, and it helps me to concentrate for hours on end, not to mention how comfortable everything feels! When I leave this female envelope, the calmness stays with me for a long time.

The only person I come in contact with on a regular basis is my sister, and I’m always very sweet and helpful with her between trips to my magic closet. My sister watches a lot of sports on TV, mainly baseball and football, but I don’t, since I can barely tolerate typical male behavior. However, I wind up watching the games with her, and I’m polite about things for her sake. Its fun to point out brutish behavior on TV while I’m sitting next to my sister – she agrees with me, which may explain why I’m living in the same house with her and vice versa. I may eventually come out completely to her, but my secrets are very precious to me. In the meantime, my sister enjoys the company of her very atypical brother…

Like you, Urmi, I started dressing later than most, and I let my emotions show. The slightest little bit of beauty or feeling can make me cry, even in the ugliest of surroundings. But, I was like that before the dressing up began. I have a lot of emotional baggage, but in a good way…[/SIZE]

Dress Me Up & Take Me Out MarcieBflo's Avatar

Yes For Sure

I have caught myself using fem hand gesture's, the way i stand & walk i do not do it consciously, when i catch myself i stop, so far no one has noticed, i don't think . . . . . .
    Life is Beautiful . . . . Dress Accordingly

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I would say there have been some behavioral changes in me since I've been dressing on a regular basis. Patience is the main one. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying I didn't have any patience before because I did, but I'm saying I have way, way more patience now - for just about everything in life. It's like that old saying:

"Patience is a virtue catch it if you can, sometimes in a woman but never in a man!"

I'd also say that I'm a happier person (in a general sense) and I'm much more in tune with my emotions that I ever was before I started dressing.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 08-08-2009 at 03:05 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I always find myself going into my fem walk, it has almost become my normal to have that fem sway. I take a lot better care of my skin and personal hygiene has improved. I am more emotional and have no problem in expressing it. I often slip into my (poor) fem voice and fem hand mannerisms are becoming more common. My breasts have started to develop and while I should be trying to hide them at work, I find that I often stand chest out to see if anyone notices (gone from 36 negative to 36A). I have only been dressing for a bit more than three years.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

As I started so early in life, I don't think so. I think it was more learning to continue to behave like a boy in public, while trying to learn how to be a girl in private. As I grew up, I often mixed up what I thought I was supposed to be doing, and feeling. When I met someone I was attracted to, I tried to be accomodating, submissive to her, and pick clothing I thought she would like me to wear; I would also try to get her to make the decisions about what to do and where to go, because I had listened to so many women complain about men 'not caring' about their opinions. But it was all behavior more appropriate for a woman to do, and I learned all that much too late in life.
    I was also conditioned from an early age to be someone's girlfriend, to have sex as a girl, in the role of a girl. When I got to my teenage years, trying to behave as a normal guy became impossible; I can do it, but it was just an act, I learned to play the role of a 'standard issue guy'. I always felt, and still do, like I was supposed to be in the woman's role. It makes having sex......difficult.
    So, yeah, my behavior is pretty screwed up.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    My wrists are limper, I walk like a girl, I stand funny, my voice is different, I have a lisp now, when I put my hands on my hips my thumbs face forward, I cokk my hip off to one side, I tend to bat my eyes, I just act more like a girl.

that way.
    Hugs...Joni Mari
    Joni, Your posts always make me laugh.....You have one of the best sense of humors (?) in the group LOL

Meet me at Smugglers Cove PaulaSF's Avatar
    I'm a lil perplexed as to the "mash up" of comments on behaviors (i.e., something tangible/observable) and interior landscape sorts of emotional/mental changes, but I'd certainly say I've observed plenty of both, in myself, and other t-gals I've seen blossom & grow in their femme accomplishments...

I pay a lot more attention to my posture, 24/7: decades of "cool guy" male slouching doesn't help our cases!

I find I keep my knees, thighs, ankles together, 24/7: too much time out, in mini skirts?

I've also been a "gearhead" auto afficianado, and follow a "Drive it like you stole it," approach behind the wheel But my best t-gal pal, Sara, jokes about the sudden change, and my far less agressiveness behind the wheel, when we're en femme, and heading to the city, for an evening out.

And I've de-programmed myself from opening the door, for whoever I'm with, when we're both en femme...

Emotionally, I realise (my gender therapy helped, here) that I had done a lot of specifically macho things in my past (i.e., joining the Marine Corps), before accepting & embracing being TG, that were, in essence, ways to "make up for"/compensate my interior femme desires & landscapes.

I think there's more contentedness, and, perhaps, more networking/parallel, multiple sorts of connections (i.e., more femme), and less 1, 2, 3 type of "linear thinking" (male-like) in my approach to people and things now, too.

Definitely plenty 'o "FSL" going on in my life, too

cheers,
    Paula

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Thank you, Danielle. If I didn't laugh I would just cry. I think this goes for lots of us.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    Joni, Your posts always make me laugh.....You have one of the best sense of humors (?) in the group LOL
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

For years and years I have been what I consider to be a classic CD. Probably more masculine than many of us. I'm been married for a long time. It seems in the last year I've become more and more feminine. I don't know if it is. I know some of it is physical because of low hormone levels.