Thread: Ask a woman where she got that Skirt?

Dana55

Ask a woman where she got that Skirt?

oh my gosh girls..yesterday i went to a bar in drab and i saw thses two women sitting at the bar. ONe had the sexiest skirt on! i wanted to go up to her so bad and ask her wear she got that skirt! i didnt have the courage to do it....have any of you asked woman whenyou have seen them where theygot their outfit that there wearing but in drab? after i got home i got all dolled up and dressed! heeing her in that outfit made me wish i was all dressed up and osolled up at the bar instead.

I asked a girl on a bus once what purfume she was wearing, she replied, and was more than polite about it.

As for dressing, I wasn't shy to ask, but then again, majority of my clothes were all dependant on what they were needed for, work, homelife, going out etc.

I still walk past some shops, and daydream about one day losing all the weight and getting stuff, i once saw a lovely little dress when I lived in Belfast, had I the money and the figure i'd have bought it, not to mention worn it there and then!
    Lots of Love,
    Rach
    xxxxx

Yes - did that once, and the result was an interesting conversation. I think any woman would happily take a compliment on how she's dressed, what do you have to lose?

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Lord have mercy, girl, why can't you ask? As long as you're not creepy about it, as in, "I'd like to chew that skirt right off you. And oh, btw, where'd you get it?" Just be nice and polite and say something like, "That skirt is so fierce, I hope you don't mind me asking, but where did you buy it?" You can even add, "My wife/girlfriend (uhh, don't say both) would kill to have it, I'd so like to get it for her for a surprise. It's our anniversary." She'll probably think you're supersweet and wish her husband/boyfriend was like that or she'll blow you off. Either way, what's to lose?

Hugs...Joni mari
    Last edited by Joni Marie Cruz; 08-08-2009 at 12:13 PM.
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Yes, I've complimented, and I've asked... unfortunately the answer has usually turned out to be a place that either no longer exists or is 2000 miles away.

But complimenting is part of normal femme conversation (or so I'm told in our lessons at our local social club), so like the people above say, if you aren't creepy about it, go ahead and ask.

Yesterday, I twice (a couple of hours apart in the same mall) crossed paths with a woman wearing a dress that was quite nice, and if the geometry had been right for me to have spoken to her without having to chase after her, I would have asked her about it. I suspect, though, that the dress was hand-made -- the style was a modification of the basic orthodox Mennonite dress (this city has a fair number of Mennonites, including the Canadian Mennonite University. At the farmers markets especially, it isn't uncommon to see the very plain light-gray ultra-orthodox dresses here. And even ultra-orthodox Mennonites like to cruise around the local shopping malls : )

Comment on the skirt saying how nice it looks or even how nice she looks in it YES , but asking where she got is is something quite different altogether , no female wants to think that someone else has the same clothes as she does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

True story in response!

I would agree with Joni Marie! What is the harm in asking, if you do it in a nice way?

I have asked that question many times in my 7 decades (yes, that is right!) of being a CD. Only a few times was I asked why I wanted to know. Usually I told the I thought it would look good on my wife. But some times I told the lady that I was a CD, and would like to wear the skirt myself!! Never once did the lady seemed to be offended, or shocked! Remember, I was in drab on those occasions. They all told me where to buy it, and a couple even told me that I would love wearing it bacause it was so light and airy! They were right. It is a pink below the knee skirt that really swishes around with a little breeze!

Old Sales Training Tool: Ask and ye shall know the answer! Do not ask and ye shall never know!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Just a girl in the world
    If I see a girl wearing a cute pair of shoes I have to ask where she got them. Shoes are my weakness. I've never had a negative response yet.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I've never directly asked a GG outright where she bought her clothes from when I've been in boy mode ... not unless you count shoes as being clothes, and then again I didn't exactly ask her directly either, but she did tell me. It was when I lived in the UK. I saw a GG in a club in some really super cute strappy high heels. I said to her: "Wow, I love your shoes - very sexy. You got them from House of Frazer, right?" and she said "no, Debenhams." Guess what store I went shopping in the following day?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I've complimented a lot of GGs about their jewelry, clothes, hair, etc., and in a few cases I have gotten into a discussion about where they bought some item. It's usually been very fun, especially when I'm en femme.
    warmly, Linnea

Has anyone ever been asked directly if the were a CD as a result of asking? Plus, of course, something that looks fantastic on a GG may not look so good on us, just due to body shape differences.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I'm always complimenting someone on what they are wearing. Sometimes my wife just rolls her eyes when I ask someone where they got whatever particular piece of clothing or jewelry. I can't remember ever getting a negative response. Sometimes they will quiz me a little about why I'm asking and I'll usually show them a picture of my dressed; depending on where I'm at.
    Dana Ryan

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I've done it a few times. The first time just came out without me thinking, and I was in work attire in an aisle stacking shelves. A lady came up to me wearing a beautiful long summer dress. I just said "Thats a beautiful dress, where did you buy it", and she gladly told me where she got it, and she was very pleasant about it, but she never knew I bought one 3 days later.
    My last time was at the RSL near where I live. There was a lady sitting near me wearing a long Stevie Nicks type gypsey dress, and I said "I love your dress", and she said "Oh really, I never hear things like that", and I said "Well, now you have. I really like it", and she could'nt beleive my admiration. She told me where she bought it, and I said "I'll check it out". She completely let it go over her head, but she knew where I was coming from. I'm just not afraid anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Classic Lingerie Lover

Positive

I've commented to GG's several times about their clothes and responses have always been positive. Not so much where did you get it but you sure look nice in that dress, etc.

Hugs,
    [SIZE=5]Cathy[/SIZE]

Girly GG
    I'm a GG and it's very lovely to be asked where you got anything you're wearing. You can never get enough compliments. Just be polite. We know who's creepy and hitting on us and who's isn't...you'll find out where she got the skirt and totally make her day.

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    I always compliment my female coworkers when I notice they are wearing something new or nice (clothing, shoes, makeup, hair) and they love it!

Of course they don't know I crossdress.
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

Nope never did that.
    Angie

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I had a GG ask me where I got my skirt from.
    living the dream

I really like that skirt. I think that my wife would look just as good as you in one like it. Would you please tell me where you got it.

I do it all the time. Some of them I will look at and say "My wife would love that skirt, can you tell me where you got it?" Some of them, I'll ask "Do you think they'd have that in a size 18?" I do the same thing with shoes as well, especially the really cute heels I like a lot

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I have asked many a time, where a GG has gotten her shoes, dress, or skirt.
    I usually say, "Hi, I really like the outfit you're wearing...can you tell me were you bought it, I'm a crossdresser and would like to have an outfit like yours"

a few times I was in male mode, or partially dressed, with shorts pantyhose and heels on.

I have always gotten a positive reply. Once she realizes that you're not a threat to them in any way, they tell me.

hugs misty

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I've never directly asked a GG outright where she bought her clothes from when I've been in boy mode ... not unless you count shoes as being clothes, and then again I didn't exactly ask her directly either, but she did tell me. It was when I lived in the UK. I saw a GG in a club in some really super cute strappy high heels. I said to her: "Wow, I love your shoes - very sexy. You got them from House of Frazer, right?" and she said "no, Debenhams." Guess what store I went shopping in the following day?
    Nice Move! I'll have to try that one.
    Cary

Don't be afraid

I ask a lady about her shoes, she had this very sexy high heels sandals. I was not en femme. She told me where she bough them and was very please that I noticed how lovely they look.

Individual
    Me too. This is just normal interaction for easy-going people. If you think someone looks nice, say so. Quite simple, really.

I've asked once, and received a polite answer.

Most times, however, I know that what they're wearing just won't fit, and was most likely not made for the larger size gals. Then there's no sense in asking.
    DonnaT