Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if a strange man speaks to you?

What if a strange man speaks to you?

First post – and I probably won’t be a frequenter here, just a casualer.

QUESTION:

When you’re out en femme and a nice-looking regular-type fellow speaks to you in a friendly manner – and it’s clear he knows you're one too (a guy), maybe he winks – how does that make you feel?

(Or, how would you?)

Just curious whether an actual man there makes you feel more, or less, feminine – especially if he seems okay with the pretense. And if his presence makes you nervous, well, how feminine is THAT, anyway?

Was weirded out about it at first. But I learned to enjoy it, and have fun. If he was getting too forward, I would just say, "I'm flattered,but I'm spoken for". Never had a problem.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    How strange? Just wondering.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I am an incorrigible flirt and would probably be labeled a tease but I tend to try and egg him on
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I've been chatted up a few times- sometimes they know, sometimes they don't. I do get a rush of the femme adrenaline when it happens! If the conversation progresses, I will let them know what the real story is-- one guy almost fell over, he just couldn't believe it. Then he asked a few questions, like how do I pull it off, and got over it pretty quickly. He still wanted to go out!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    How strange? Just wondering.

I was going to ask that....

Some might say that any guy hitting on a tranny might be a bit strange to begin with... a bit strange is one thing, but there's a certain level of it that kinda makes you reach for the pepper spray, ya know?

Has been wanna be will be Nicola46's Avatar
    If the guy knew I was a male and wanted to chat me up and make a pass at me, Id be very flattered and would enjoy it.

Gold Member
    I would probably get a thrill out of it, after getting over the shock response!!

If the guy knew I was in drag and he was ok with that, and he was seriously a gentleman not a creep of some sort, I would just go with it. Give him a little flirting. Boys like to feel special so I would do my best to play the role of the flitrty girl that's half boy crazy. Never know it may turn out to be something cool.
    [SIZE="2"]All those that believe in telekenesis, raise my hand.[/SIZE]

Kendra - New CD.
    i think most guys really know when they see you so i tend to go with the flow and see were it takes me

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    You mean strange man as in "a stranger" not strange as in "a weirdo" - right? The first time a stranger who was a man treated me politely (but I could tell he had read me) it made me feel uncomfortable as I'd only ever spent time when dressed with GGs or other CDers and so I wasn't sure how to handle it. Now I kinda like it if it ever happens. If a regular guy treats me nice I feel like a lady. The last time this happened to me was when my wife and I were leaving a restaurant and the waiter got our coats for us and then held mine open for me and helped slip it over my shoulders - felt kinda nice
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

The first time a stranger who was a man treated me politely was my first time out. Got a make over and was taken out to a gay bar. He knew i was a CD and was very polite. While talking he placed his hand on my knee and i almost jumped off the barstool. The man kept appoligizing and at the time it was scary & made me feel uncomfortable & wasn't sure how to handle it. Looking back now it was a bit flattering and kinda like it if it ever happens. If a regular guy treats me nice I would feel like a woman.

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar

Read/recognized by a sister in drab

There's always the chance the man is a "sister" in drab.

While in guy mode, I once read a gal in a shopping mall and approached her to tell her that I was a sister. She was terrified.

Another time, I recognized a gal whose web page was in my favorites. I was tongue-tied and my full beard did NOT make me look like a "sister". I'm sure she thought I was nuts. (We have spoken since then at our local support group.)

I used to carry business cards for my local support group but never got to hand them out while in guy mode.
    Last edited by Elsa Larson; 08-08-2009 at 03:37 PM.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Gracee,

If a strange man were to speak to me and wink I'd probably look at him and say" Mister, do the words LESBIAN and BALL BUSTER mean anything to you? Yes. Then you better back off before I let my dog, whom I've neglected to feed this morning, take off a piece of your ass!" Of course I would say this in a very lady like manner.But I think he would get the point. Don't you?

Be safe. Be Smart.

Dawn Marrie
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post

Some might say that any guy hitting on a tranny might be a bit strange to begin with... a bit strange is one thing, but there's a certain level of it that kinda makes you reach for the pepper spray, ya know?
    Are you still going on about me pepper spraying you? I told you I didn't do it on purpose! Well not the first time anyway ......second and third time maybe. How was I to know you just needed directions?
    Last edited by kellycan27; 08-10-2009 at 08:56 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by gracee
    When you’re out en femme and a nice-looking regular-type fellow speaks to you in a friendly manner – and it’s clear he knows you're one too (a guy), maybe he winks – how does that make you feel? (Or, how would you?)

Just curious whether an actual man there makes you feel more, or less, feminine – especially if he seems okay with the pretense. And if his presence makes you nervous, well, how feminine is THAT, anyway?

[SIZE="2"]It makes me feel quite feminine, thank you! However, I would point out to him that he wouldn’t be able to afford me. You can look, but you can’t touch, darling...[/SIZE]

Mostly Harmless...
    As long as there doesn't seem to be anything strange about the person itself, I'd behave normally and without worries. But there was this one guy once who started speaking to me. It wasnt' so much the way looked, I could have passed on that, but not only was his looks totally strange. He had had a stripe of paint going through his face, but also he started the talk strangely by saying, "I'm not your enemy." and that totally freaked me out.

But usually there's nothing wrong with answering back and talking normally to them. It also makes me feel happy about it, unless it's someone freaky like the guy I told about.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Just a girl in the world
    Depends on how drunk I am. But seriously, I'm usually flattered to the point they get serious, then I have to put my foot down. And every now and then in their balls. It's usually when I'm out at a club and the night is getting late that the nuts who aren't discouraged easily seem to come out.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Are you still goin on about me pepper spraying you? I told you I didn't do it on purpose! Well not the first time anyway ......second and third time maybe. How was I to know you just needed directions?

Wut? Asking for directions?

That's for chicks.

Doesn't bother me, anyhow... I grew up on Mexican food.

I guess they are only a stranger if you don't introduce yourself. Once you do this, your not strangers anymore....
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

Yes. To paraphrase Groucho Marx: "I'd never go out with a guy that would want to go out with me (knowing my status)."

The straight guys will actually ask you out. The chasers, well, they cut to the chase.

Tranny chasers are everywhere, there are two or three in the straight place I hang out at most. The latest one to put a move on me (turned him down, of course) is a ... gynecologist!

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    How was I to know you just needed directions?
    And how do you know MC doesn't get off on being pepper sprayed? Strange man, indeed...

Getting back to the OP... *if* I went out in a skirt, I wouldn't even make an attempt to pass because I'm not trying to be a female. Most days, I don't bother shaving but once a week, so you can tell from a mile off that I'm extremely male no matter what I'm wearing.

So under those circumstances, if a guy started flirting with me I'd assume he's gay (hey, turnabout is fair play, right? Happens to us all the time) and make it clear - discreetly for his sake - that Little Ralphie doesn't point that direction. If he continues, a much firmer "I said no"... and after that, I'd break any part of his body that touches me.

A girl's got to have her standards, after all.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by dilane View Post
    The latest one to put a move on me (turned him down, of course) is a ... gynecologist!

Huh. Guess you can have too much of a good thing.

Mostly Harmless...
    Huh. Guess you can have too much of a good thing.
    Oh no, you can't have enough of that one.

Though, I think it might be the fact the ones he gets to see aren't always the nicest smelling ones/or nicest looking ones. Have you ever seen/smelled that place of a old person before, I can tell you it isn't that good of a smell(still better smelling than old guys crotches).
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    And how do you know MC doesn't get off on being pepper sprayed? Strange man, indeed...

I know Ralph, he said............I'll give you an hour to stop that!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg