Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things that bother me about crossdressing

I think it was the "90%" part that I erred in. I admitted it was a guess, and I admit it was probably amplified by the sense of tragedy I feel when I think of it happening to even one person. I'll remove the exaggerated guess, and just say 'it happens sometimes, and it saddens me.'
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Wow, I didn't think this thread was meant to give swipes with protracted claws at people with contrasting mindsets.
    I guess I should put these away for now then?

yeah people that express their honest, but unpopular opinions should be confronted and told that it's bull-blahblahblah.......... hey look at all the bodies behind that there shed, looks like some type of firing squad was here
    Now just what do yer think yur doing snoopin round behind my wood shed here.

I have no problem with people expressing their opinion.
    I do however have a problem with any opinion that has a statement that includes a way off guesstament like that one did.
    Last edited by Sammy777; 08-10-2009 at 02:01 AM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Re the whole man-in-a-dress thing :

Sorry, Frederique, but that's all I've ever considered myself. Just a guy in a dress. And since all my friends & neighbors KNOW I'm a guy, it seems silly to try & come across as if I'm not. I'm not gonna fool anybody, so why try? Anyway, I have more fun when I'm just being myself -- a man who likes to wear women's clothing (and who uses a femme name that's not simply a feminine variation of a man's name).

Frederique...wow...you certainly started a real conversation here.Agree or disagree with your particular thoughts, it was nice to see a debate with some substance and opinions.
    Nice!

Frédérique,

1: Petticoat punishment. Some people consider this a form of sexual domination. If two consenting adults are doing this for fun? No problem. To each there own. If it being inflicted by an adult on a child then somebody needs to call the authorities because that's child abuse.

2. Being labeled a "Pervert". Everybody's a little "VERTED." from time to time. It's just another useless word that people like to fling around, like fecal material, at things they don't understand.

3.Men in drag? That's kind of tough one. Not every guy looks good in a dress. Then neither does every woman. Give J. Edgar Hoover a break. The guy was obviously under a lot of stress. It takes a lot to create a vacuum cleaner. (Yeah. I know he wasn't the Hoover you're talking about. But he was trying to clean house.)

4. Men who dress up as women but still retain their maleness? Another toughie. That's a matter of personal choice. I kinda like the tomboy look. There are certain things about woman that are desirable traits. The rest is ideological male induced garbage that I prefer to discard. My therapist once said " Why can't you be both?"

5. Not being younger? You can't turn back the clock. Unfortunate. We have to go with where we are. Wrinkles and grey hair. Bummer!

6..Confusion over definitions? The only definition anyone should be worried about is how they define their self. Not what some one else defines them as.

7. Boys? Are strictly off limits! Go for men instead. It's less likely to get you put in jail.(See no.2 "Being labeled a Pervert.")

8.Cures? I laughed when I saw you mention the word "prozac". All I could think of is that darned "ENZYTE" commercials and good old "Smiling BOB" in a dress. It's the once daily tablet for natural male enhancement!! Or try Enzyte topical Rush Gel! Just rub it on and keep rubbing!!! But not in public, Bob. BOB!!!!(See no.2 "Being labeled a Pervert.")

So there you have it. My take on "the things that bother me about cross dressing".
    And "YES". I am ranting.

Be safe. Be smart. And stay away from no. 2s .EWWW!!! Ok, BOB, you can stop rubbing now! Bob? I think he rubbed so hard he erased himself. Poor Bob.

Dawn Marrie
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961
    Frédérique,
    [SIZE="2"]Thanks for the accents, Dawn![/SIZE]

1: Petticoat punishment. Some people consider this a form of sexual domination. If two consenting adults are doing this for fun? No problem. To each there own. If it being inflicted by an adult on a child then somebody needs to call the authorities because that's child abuse.
    [SIZE="2"]Duh. I wasn’t talking about adult role-playing…[/SIZE]

2. Being labeled a "Pervert". Everybody's a little "VERTED." from time to time. It's just another useless word that people like to fling around, like fecal material, at things they don't understand.
    [SIZE="2"]Oh, perversions are good, but making sweeping generalized statements is bad…[/SIZE]

3.Men in drag? That's kind of tough one. Not every guy looks good in a dress. Then neither does every woman. Give J. Edgar Hoover a break. The guy was obviously under a lot of stress. It takes a lot to create a vacuum cleaner. (Yeah. I know he wasn't the Hoover you're talking about. But he was trying to clean house.)
    [SIZE="2"]Maybe “Hoovering” can be a new term for being in drag – it sounds better, doesn’t it? As in “Bob is Hoovering today.” See “Cures” below… [/SIZE]

4. Men who dress up as women but still retain their maleness? Another toughie. That's a matter of personal choice. I kinda like the tomboy look. There are certain things about woman that are desirable traits. The rest is ideological male induced garbage that I prefer to discard. My therapist once said " Why can't you be both?"
    [SIZE="2"]Tomboys are fabulous creatures, no argument there. As for your statement about “ideological male garbage that I prefer to discard,” how come we haven’t bumped into each other before? I like you already, Dawn – why can’t I be you?[/SIZE]

5. Not being younger? You can't turn back the clock. Unfortunate. We have to go with where we are. Wrinkles and grey hair. Bummer!
    [SIZE="2"]I’m there…[/SIZE]

6..Confusion over definitions? The only definition anyone should be worried about is how they define their self. Not what some one else defines them as.
    [SIZE="2"]I am merely Freddy, and I am at your service (for a small fee, of course)…[/SIZE]

7. Boys? Are strictly off limits! Go for men instead. It's less likely to get you put in jail.(See no.2 "Being labeled a Pervert.")
    [SIZE="2"]I can look, can’t I? Don’t worry -- I didn’t like boys when I was one…[/SIZE]

8.Cures? I laughed when I saw you mention the word "prozac". All I could think of is that darned "ENZYTE" commercials and good old "Smiling BOB" in a dress. It's the once daily tablet for natural male enhancement!! Or try Enzyte topical Rush Gel! Just rub it on and keep rubbing!!! But not in public, Bob. BOB!!!!(See no.2 "Being labeled a Pervert.")
    [SIZE="2"]The makers of ENZYTE could make a “cure” for crossdressing called “TRANZYTE,” and have “Confused Roberta” as a commercial spokesperson. You can visualize the ads: “Since Roberta started using TRANZYTE, she’s stopped her obsessive Hoovering!” Cut to the ever-smiling wife. But be careful, Bob – if you combine ENZYTE and TRANZYTE you will spontaneously combust, probably from friction…[/SIZE]

So there you have it. My take on "the things that bother me about cross dressing".
    And "YES". I am ranting.
    [SIZE="2"]Do females rant, or does that involve the purchase of a large attachment?[/SIZE]

Why can't we all just get along?

That's what bugs me about cross-dressing. There are so many divergent groups within the CD community. Yet most of us just like to throw on a frock and go out and have fun. How hard is that?

Yet, CD's get upset when one wears a female mask, some get upset at male chest hair, others don't like male attitudes while dressed. Honestly our own diversity within our community is a strength not a liability.

Some don't like drag queens. Really? It was a drag queen that started the riots at Stonewall that started the Gay and now LGBT movement.

Transsexuals barely tolerate us because we come off as flakes. Feminist hate us because we love the girlie clothes that they would prefer to burn. Macho guys would just wish we would go away.
    I can't get no respect - Rodney Dangerfield
    Some are upset about being called gay. Go ahead, call me gay, you will not change my behavior by calling me gay.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it's anything that I dislike about CDing is the chicken and egg problem. We aren't understood because the general public doesn't know who we are because we are not out. We aren't out because the public doesn't understand us. Of course there are those that prefer to not be out because it's part of the thrill. That's fine, just admit it, but for the rest of us, I'm tired of hiding.

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes
    Some don't like drag queens. Really?
    [SIZE="2"]I hesitate to submit this, but, why not?

Who said anything about drag queens? Drag queens, men in drag, and men that make no effort to disguise the fact they are men (yet say they are in drag) are different entities, wouldn’t you agree? Men who dress up as some exaggerated caricature of a woman for a cheap laugh are what I’m referring to. Apparently this idea is hard to put across without some frame of reference.
    OK – have you ever seen the film “The Birdcage?” This is the American re-make of “La Cage aux Folles.” In this movie, Nathan Lane dresses as a woman and passes as a woman to please a US senator, played by Gene Hackman. Later in the film, Gene Hackman dresses in drag long enough to leave a nightclub unnoticed. It’s a fine line, but I would say Nathan Lane is not really in drag in his scene, even though most people would say he is. On the other hand, I would say Gene Hackman is in drag, even though the transformation is startling (probably because it’s Gene Hackman!). Therein lies the difference -- can you see it? Here are more obvious examples of drag:

I mentioned Monty Python, a veritable smorgasbord of everything from transvestism to drag and back again. Some of their transformations actually inspired me to try dressing up when I first saw them, while others are extreme caricature purely for entertainment.
    Benny Hill comes to mind, too. I know Benny loved women, so his impersonations have a certain sweetness and truth about them, IMHO, yet it’s still being “in drag” for laughs. Don’t forget that Benny once said “Any man that dresses as a woman can’t be all bad!”
    I also mentioned Vince Clarke of Erasure, who, during a concert in 1992, dressed up as a saloon girl/Mae West/ fertility figure during the song “Who Needs Love Like That?” This is another sub-variation of drag, a sophisticated art form within an art form. See Leigh Bowery…
    Drag queens populate the film “Priscilla, Queen of the Desert,” to name just one example. I could go on and on, so I won’t, but I will say that when drag borders on passable crossdressing, I’m fascinated. When it’s done by amateurs for a cheap laugh, it’s insulting to women. To someone like me, a male who adores women, the last thing I would want to do is insult them in any way…[/SIZE]

I forgot to mention something else that will perpetuate this argument bothers me about the queer community, specifically cross-dressing and gender roles.

Bioqueens. Damn, are they annoying.

That's like a deli ham pretending to be a can of spam. The spam wants to be the deli ham. It secretly envies the deli ham. It dreams of having the deli hams smoke-house goodness and superior meat quality. The deli ham is the standard, it's a role model for cans of spam everywhere. Then, one day, the deli ham comes out to its meaty kin and says "I'm secretly a can of spam in a deli hams body, teehee!"

Frankly, I'm not entirely certain why they'd want to be one of us in the first place, anyway. Except to get attention from people they think they identify with. Not to be an elitist, but most people don't choose to be a reject; that's why we have our own cliques. It's not to exclude, just to find a place to be tolerated and safe and try to understand our desires better. Certain people see that as a challenge I guess, but...

We're the ass end of jokes, we're condemned, and we're outcast, and they have the goods that keep them from being like one us, and they act like they are anyway? It may be well-meaning, but a slap in the face is a slap in the face.

Those sorts of people really *are* just trying their little asses off to be different.

I'm sorry, bio queens, I really am... I accept you and all that, I'm just... tired, I guess. Tired and bitter.

Quit smoking just yesterday. Day 3 is tomorrow. Wish me luck, ladies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone88
    Quit smoking just yesterday. Day 3 is tomorrow. Wish me luck, ladies.

[SIZE="2"]Day 3 is the hardest. I wish you luck…
    I think I did choose to be a reject. It’s working out well so far, though.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tora View Post
    I love the freedom of expression, of exploration, of perfecting our hobby.
    One thing I dislike when people talk about crossdressing is the use of the word 'hobby'

Being TG is not a hobby, its who you are. You have no choice.

Xx Vicky xX

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    That's what bugs me about cross-dressing. There are so many divergent groups within the CD community. Yet most of us just like to throw on a frock and go out and have fun. How hard is that?

Yet, CD's get upset when one wears a female mask, some get upset at male chest hair, others don't like male attitudes while dressed. Honestly our own diversity within our community is a strength not a liability.

Some don't like drag queens. Really? It was a drag queen that started the riots at Stonewall that started the Gay and now LGBT movement.

Transsexuals barely tolerate us because we come off as flakes. Feminist hate us because we love the girlie clothes that they would prefer to burn. Macho guys would just wish we would go away.

Some are upset about being called gay. Go ahead, call me gay, you will not change my behavior by calling me gay.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it's anything that I dislike about CDing is the chicken and egg problem. We aren't understood because the general public doesn't know who we are because we are not out. We aren't out because the public doesn't understand us. Of course there are those that prefer to not be out because it's part of the thrill. That's fine, just admit it, but for the rest of us, I'm tired of hiding.

-Tracy

On this forum, there are always arguments.

The best thing to do is to accept that we are all different.
    Variety in life makes it more interesting.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    One thing I dislike when people talk about crossdressing is the use of the word 'hobby'

Being TG is not a hobby, its who you are. You have no choice.

Xx Vicky xX
    Having people say there is no choice when it comes to crossdressing.......
    Personally, I feel like I do have a choice. Right now I choose to crossdress and if or when the fun dies down, I will choose not to crossdress. OMG!!!!! I guess it sounds like my crossdressing is somewhat similiar to most of my hobbies.

freedom

I wish I had the freedom to put on a skirt and run to the grocery without getting all dolled up. I'd love to wear a little denim skirt and sandals without a wig, makeup and so much preparation. When I'm dressed at home, I have to change just to walk to the mailbox. If only...

Banned Read only
    Personally, I feel like I do have a choice. Right now I choose to crossdress and if or when the fun dies down, I will choose not to crossdress. OMG!!!!! I guess it sounds like my crossdressing is somewhat similiar to most of my hobbies.
    Aye!

Quote Originally Posted by wearingtanpantyhose View Post
    I wish I had the freedom to put on a skirt and run to the grocery without getting all dolled up.

Your location tag says "Indiana." Is that the Indiana in the USA? Or is there another Indiana in the former Soviet Union? China perhaps?

I don't want to hear bitching that you don't have the "freedom" to wear a skirt whenever you please. I do it all the time, and I have yet to be hauled off to the gulag.

No, what you don't have is the guts. Get it right.

There are SOO many "experts" out there who postulate and speculate about us..... Most of them just need to shut their mouth and open their minds!!
    As for the Kansas T-storms, I can relate to that, I grew up just West of Yopeka! The saying always was, "If you don't like weather in Kansas, just wait 5 minutes, it'll change completely!!" HEY, could a bunch of us T-girls getting together, like at SCC, etc., be called a T-Storm as well??
    Aaaahhhh, the FUN and joy of getting to be the girl I always WANTED to be, I love every minute of it!!!
    A chance to crossdress is a TERRIBLE thing to waste!!!

It's not so much a problem with dressing, but 'admirers' bother me a lot of the time.

The vast vast overwhelming majority of the ones i've encountered have been more interested in getting me into bed than showing me any sort of respect or admiration.

I know everyone does this for different reasons and for some of us it's not a choice, but I do get incredibly frustrated with the people who view this as more of a fetish and make other people feel uncomfortable by forcing theirselves on you.

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    i've never considered crossdressing a fetish because it doesn't make me feel horny i itself and thats what i percieve fetishes to be all about.nobody has to stand by and let someone force themselves on them though

I agree with Butterfly Bill. There are a lot of us that don't completely dress or present as female. We just like to wear articles of female clothing just as females wear male clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill View Post
    No, I'll take it out the door every time I go out. The only thing that puts a chip on my shoulder is hostility like this. I walk both sides and will continue to do so. I'm queer (in the eyes of a lot of people on this group), I'm here, get used to it.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE=2]4. Men who dress up as women, yet retain their maleness. This is not the same as “drag.” I call it having a chip on your shoulder-pad. Can we please leave the males at the door? Thanks… [/SIZE]
    No, I'll take it out the door every time I go out. The only thing that puts a chip on my shoulder is hostility like this. I walk both sides and will continue to do so. I'm queer (in the eyes of a lot of people on this group), I'm here, get used to it.

- Crossdressing peers that are obsessed with "passing" *note that crossdressing peers refers to crossdressers and not those that are actually transitioning or plan to be.
    - People assuming that I have the mindset of a feminine person when I am dressed. "Hey look, nice bright white snow! Wonder if I could still write my name while in these heels!"
    - Being constantly hit on by crossdressers that in the open they keep on referring to theirselves as heterosexual.
    - Being groped by mtf transsexuals that refer to theirselves as "lesbians"
    - People correcting theirselves when referring to a group of us. for example; "you guys..... errrrrr girls have fun now!" I am totally cool with "you guys" or "you girls"..... but the correcting, is so annoying.
    Normally I don't quote an entire post but I just wanted to see all of that again. I bet you get your butt chewed for daring to say that some CDs do obnoxious things, but I'm with you all the way on every one of those points. "Self-righteous" doesn't even begin to cover it sometimes. So this is just a long excuse for saying "I agree with everything you said." Good on ya for having the yarbles to say what needed to be said.

First, I want to say that I TOTALLY AGREE with EVERYTHING EVERYONE has said so far in this thread. And I mean that. It's all about diversity, isn't it.

Now, what I TRUELY HATE and FIND DISGUSTING about crossdressing?

Here it is: Submissives. Utterly, completely, and totally awful.

I might like to wear feminine clothes, act and present myself a certian way, BUT, I'll be DAMNED if I'm gonna submit to ANYONE. The whole sub/dom thing is gawd awful IMO. We should all be equals, and treat each other with respect. Which means I guess I respect the sub/dom crowd, I just don't want anything to do with them. I guess.

I was never any good at drinking games either. "Screw you, I'm drinking when I feel like it. I'm out".

There's something I thnk at LEAST the majority of us can agree on. Or, I'm deluding myself LOL.

Crysten