Thread: First time my 14 year old saw me dressed...

First time my 14 year old saw me dressed...

Hi Girls,

As you know I came out to my 14 year old daughter on July 28th. She handled it very well but I didn't really know how she would react until she saw me dressed for the first time.

I was going to be in Houston last Friday night on business so we decided to have her and my wife go with me on the trip. The Transgendered Resource Center of Houston was putting on a social so we thought that might be a good way to expose her to this without putting her in an uncomfortable environment. I took my oldest daughter (22) out to a club but that obviously wouldn't be appropriate for a 14 year old.

Here is what we did...

Thursday night my daughter, wife and I all did each others nails in our hotel room. I decided to got with hot pink. I thought it woud go with any of the outfits I was planning to wear the next evening. It was fun to pamper each other and gave us some girly stuff to do.

Friday night we started the evening off with a trip over to Vanity's Transformation Studio for makeovers for all three of us. I went first so she could see the whole process from start-to-finish. Once my makeup was done I let her help me pick out a new wig. I then got dressed. I decided to keep it fairly low-key so I wore some new MEK stretch jeans, a nice black halter-top blouse and a pair of elegant black heels.

After I got dressed Vanity went to work on her and my wife. They both really enjoyed getting pampered and doing some really dramatic makeup. It also gave her a chance to talk to Vanity for a while on her own. Vanity is such a sweet person and their conversation helped her better understand not only me but a little more about the TG community as a whole. She just loved the experience.

Once all the makeup and stuff was done we went over to Mo Mong's. It is an asian restaurant in the Montrose section...a very friendly restaurant in a friendly part of town. We met a married couple (CD/GG) and a really close friend of mine that is a TS. We had a great dinner and a few drinks and chatted about just about everything you can imagine. We had a lot of laughs too. It was so much fun and my daughter really enjoyed it.

Around 9:30 p.m. we went to the TG Center for the social. We met a lot of really nice people from all walks of life. There were M2F and F2M CDs/TSs there. A really nice mix of people. We met a member of this group, Steffi, that came down from DC. I wish I had more time to talk with her but I had a crew of people that I came with that I needed to pay a lot of attention too. We went upstairs and listened to a couple of girls (one being my TS friend) play guitar and we sang along to some songs. We chatted with a few people there about all sorts of stuff. It was a very relaxed, comfortable environment for everyone.

We left there about 11:00 p.m. and went back to our hotel. We had a chance to talk a little about the evening, her thoughts on what we did, what we saw, who she met, really everything. She was very receptive and got a lot out of the experience.

I would say that it was a very successful evening. We had a great time together and she realizes now that it isn't as "strange" as one might think. She also realized that I'm still the same person when I'm in boy or girl mode. My exterior might be a lot different but I am still her father and she hasn't lost that...she has just gained a new understanding of who I really am through and through.

I really hope that telling these stories will encourage others that are wanting to tell their children about their dressing. It has really helped me tremendously and has brought me even closer to my wife and daughters.

Kisses,

Allie
    Last edited by AllieSummers; 08-10-2009 at 05:48 PM.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Oh Allie, all I can say is Yayyyy!!

You must feel so good right now. What a burden to be lifted. You give me hope that I can let my children see Kathi one day. Thanks!

Kathi

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Congratualtions, Allie! Sounds like you not only had a fabulous time. but really gave your daughter an education! And her reception of that education must have made you feel very good!! You have a great wife and a great daughter!! My very best to all of you!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

You know that must be one of the neatest posts I've ever read here! That is SO cool!
    You are one smart puppy getting the wife and daughter a makeover too. lol
    I've never visited Vanity but I've seen her work on the internet and given what she can do for a TG, I can only imagine what she might do with your wife and daughter.
    Congrats on such a cool day and such a HUGE step in your life.

Banned Read only
    Indeed, this is amazing. I'm surprised a 14 year old was so receptive.

That sounds like a wonderful way to 'show' your daughter who you are! It sounds like it all went very well. Now that you are totally 'out' to your daughter, have you and your wife (and daughter) discussed / agreed to parameters around when you can be dressed in front of her - or will it be limited to very special events?

I am struggling with this issue with my daughters (15 and 18), they know I crossdress - but haven't seen me dressed up. I will have to give some thought to using your 'come along with me'.. approach...

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

I think the key is to get them involved. I started off by shopping with them. I guess the way to a man's heart is through his stomach...well the way to a woman's heart is through shopping. Every time we go out to shop they get something and I get something.

Also, I would suggest the makeover thing. It really helped my wife and daughters understand the process and see me "transform". If I just did a "reveal" on them...ta da...daddy is now a hot girl....it might be quite a shock.

I think the key here (with everyone I've come out to) is that I have a special relationship with all of them. They all truely love ME...whoever that is.

Kisses,

Allie

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSummers View Post
    Hi Ashley,

If I just did a "reveal" on them...ta da...daddy is now a hot girl....it might be quite a shock.
    You're a hot girl at is seems as you are pretty aware of it

When I first read your story about coming out to your youngest girl, I was a bit concerned because of her age. I'm glad it went so well.

Wow!! Hot and really smart too. I love the way you did the whole thing. So cool and good for everyone. Way to go.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Sorry about that...it does sound pretty conceited. I guess I should have said, "ta da...daddy is a not so bad looking girl".

Kisses,

Allie

Sorry about that...it does sound pretty conceited. I guess I should have said, "ta da...daddy is a not so bad looking girl".

Kisses,

Allie
    Nah, judging from your Avatar you ARE purty hot and you didn't say it in a conceited fashion. lol

Allie great news am happy for you all

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Nowakowski View Post
    Indeed, this is amazing. I'm surprised a 14 year old was so receptive.
    my youngest has just turned 13 and he was told about my ex 2 years ago ...... he was amazingly receptive and supportive ........... and from day one he knew about Debs and has been just as supportive, we have several pics of them tog He is also going to be in attendance at our wedding as Mr and Mrs in Oct and also at out Dec commitment ceremony when Debs gets to be the bride

Our kids are/can be the most amazinginly supportive people in the world, sometimes more so that adult friends
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Allie,

That is a wonderful story. We all have different situations (My SO does not want my children to know) and I respect her decision but when I read posts like your post I think about the opportunity to enlighten our children as well as others. Thank you for sharing your story.

When my daughter was 5,at Janna's place...

MY daughter was at Janna's place in River Grove ,Ill,a couple of years back. There were two new dressers getting makeovers upstairs by Janna. We kept her busy with the parrots downstairs until the transformations were complete enough..Kaysee,my daughter, goes upstairs,looks at the two really big girls, and reports back to my wife"I think those two girls are really boys" It was good as she has accepted my often girly appearance quite easily.Says that with one of my wigs,I look like mom!I think mom cuts her hair to look like Rogina! Anyway,little girls don't miss a trick however they have BIG MOUTHS!

Way to go Allie!
    Very well done, and agreed... the key is inclusion.

My daughter is only 4, and I'll do the tv thing in front of her, but not make up and wig... so get this, the other day she says out of the blue to my wife "Mommy, you need to get some better underwear... like Daddy's!!!" From the mouth of babe's

Oh, if I may insert an adjective on your behalf...
    "ta da...daddy is now a smoking hot girl...."
    pu-leaze.. when u got it, u got it!

congrats to all... esp. your daughter for having an open mind, and your wife for being so cool about the whole thing.

Isn't family great? I'm so happy for you.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    [SIZE=4]Nicely done Allie.. a talk and then a slow move into showing her..that is a great way to do it. Have to agree, that makeover deal was a smooth move.. with great results. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Thank you for sharing a nice story...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs, [/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

She also realized that I'm still the same person when I'm in boy or girl mode. My exterior might be a lot different but I am still her father and she hasn't lost that...she has just gained a new understanding of who I really am through and through.
    Thanks for sharing your cool story with us Allie! It made me smile.

I think the above quote says so much too. It is the exact realization that I sought for my own children and same understanding I wanted them to gain. Thanks again!

Olivia

Thanks for the encouragement

Thanks for the story. I hope one day I can come out to my daughters too. I just have to convince my wife to let me come out.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Allie,

Great account of your younger daughter and her growing acceptance of Allie. I had looked forward to meeting all of you at the TG Center last Friday but wife was not feeling too perky. Vanity does such amazing transformations. Anyone who comes to Houston should visit her studio. Here is the link to her studio http://vanitytransformations.com/vts/.

Hugs,

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar

Kisses,

Allie
    You are entitled to say you are hot