Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought Provoking Question.

Thought Provoking Question.

If you were blind would you still dress or is the visual aspect the defining attraction?

Xx Vicky xX

I'd have to for others to see me as who I am.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Yes I would, I dress because I like the way women's clothing feels, especially the undergarments. I love feeling the wieght of my forms in my bra pulling down and jiggling when I walk. I love the feel of my legs being freshly shaved. I love the way I look when I'm dressed. so to answer the question, yes I would still dress.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Yes. But I wouldn't let my wife dress me. I know her sense of humor too well.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    Yes I would. My feminine self is above everything.
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

of course, blind women wear clothes... don't they?

Mostly Harmless...
    I'm not looking at me all the time. I'm not seeing the clothes all the time. I'm feeling the cloths all the time. There is no need to see the cloths to feel, so yes I would still be dressing.

Not to forget, the society doesn't like naked people outside in the cities.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

While the click of heels, the smoothness of nylons, the smell of foundation, and a million other inputs would still be there, I'm too detail-oriented to dress blind-- my makeup might not be quite right and no one would tell me.

I dress therefore I am
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Interesting question.

If I was blind from birth, I'm not sure, so many things would have been different.

If I went blind now, then yes.

feels better in a dress
    Yes I would, it's the feeling, not the look of it

of course I would since it is the feeling I enjoy

is in her vest
    i would need some help with my make up!!!!!

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Absolutely, I love the feel, like how a flowing skirt feels rubbing on my legs or a silk robe before bed as it wisks in the breeze as you get ready for bed. Or the way a bra hugs you all day and Oh my answer is Definately, Absolutely, without a doubt. A girl has to feel good too.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Scot
    If you were blind would you still dress or is the visual aspect the defining attraction?

[SIZE="2"]Yes. I’m a tactile creature, you know. If I were blind, dressing up would help me to cope. That reminds me...
    The other night I was working in my studio, and the power went out in mid-brushstroke (during a thunderstorm) . Suddenly, I couldn’t see anything, and I was all dressed up at the time. I had to carefully put the paint away before I got any on my clothes, then I gingerly felt my way around several tables and chairs before I reached the door to the hallway. In the dark, I reached out to feel for the open stairway, and then I slowly made my way down the stairs. I was hoping some lightning flashes would illuminate the scene, but I was on my own. I had this fear of stumbling and falling down the stairs, and later being found unconscious (with my skirt over my head) by my sister. I made it to the first floor OK, and after several minutes of feeling walls and banging into things, I approached the flashlight I keep downstairs in a cupboard. Just then, the lights came on! No harm done – I didn’t get any runs in my stockings… [/SIZE]

If I were blind, I wouldn't be able to read this question.

Think about that for a little while.

I would dress. Matter of fact, I'd probably do it a lot more, since I'd be unable to see the disapproving glances. I don't think I'd go for my signature monochrome color scheme, but whatever. They might even think I just grabbed the wrong article of clothing and be too nice to call me on it. That's a horrible thing to think, I grant you, but at least I wouldn't have to hear it.

I'd be blind and nobody makes fun of a blind person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

I've wondered about this too, because there is a very large visual component in what we do.
    (Of course blind women wear clothes, but that does not prove a thing. Wearing gender-appropriate clothing and CDing are two different things.)
    And I'm fairly sure the urge to crossdress would be very much less if there were no visual feedback.
    Anyway, it's worth thinking about if it sheds any light on why we crossdress.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

It is not so much seeing myself dressed, or even feeling myself dressed, but knowing I am dressed that is the most important part of the experience.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Sure, but I'd have to be very careful as to when.

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    IF, I were blind, from the day that I was born. I would never have any idea how sexcting it is to imulate, pretty girls. So IF, I were blind from birth, I could understand ALGEBRA, and be smarter than I am, with sight.
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Probably not

I mite occassionally put on things like body shapers, corsets, , stockings, bras and forms, etc.

But, I expect I'd give it up eventually. I CERTAINLY NEVER WOULD HAVE STARTED!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

if i were blind i might think everyone dressed the same...would it be special??

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I'd still dress. I like to feel feminine and while looking at myself when dressed is a nice thing to see, I think the feel of my underwear, outer clothes and shoes would still get me there.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Huh - I didn't think blind women were allowed to wear clothes. but then again, I live under a rock.

Crysten

PS. Yes. In fact, I would probably wear them even more than I do now.

Gold Member
    Don't know...and for me, there's no way to know!!