Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost the "Drive" to dress?

Banned Read only

Lost the "Drive" to dress?

For 3 weeks now I have had no desire to dress what so ever. I believe I might have overdone 4 weeks ago to the point it was like eating a certain food for a week. Is this normal? Is it due to low estrogen levels?

i go through period s in which I want/need to dress more and some times less. This is primarily due to the guilt feeling relating to dressing I am sure we all feel from time to time.

When I have the need or desire.I act upon it

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras View Post
    i go through period s in which I want/need to dress more and some times less. This is primarily due to the guilt feeling relating to dressing I am sure we all feel from time to time.

When I have the need or desire.I act upon it
    With me there is no guilt feeling. I lack that.

I have no guilt feeling either, but have gone through months-long periods without dressing.

I like to phrase it as "She comes and goes."
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Nessa, I wouldn't worry about it. I am sure the desire will come sooner or later. I have went for months and thought I was over it. but something will trigger the desire and you will not rest until you have something feminine on. If you are trying to quit then this would be a good time, if not don't fret your pretty little self IT Will Come Back.

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    I wouldn't say you lost the "drive", it hasn't been that long. I mean some people don't get the opportunity to dress once a month even. I went 2 weeks without dressing last month due to being depresed, I didn't even shave my legs or facial hair (not normal for me now). Then I remembered I love pantyhose & silky things, I have dressed every day since. guilt free, by the way
    Find the people who accept you no matter what, leave the ones who do not.

I think its safe to say that most of us go through periods of time where we have little or no drive to "dress." I know that I will sometimes dress (partially if not fully) every night of the week. However, due to a hectic social and work schedule, I find myself only "dressing" once or twice a month. Meanwhile, much of the time, I'm wishing that I was "dressed."

It is no big deal. We all have such periods. Because I travel a lot there are times when I go a month or more without dressing or any reference to it. I live and when the urge is strong I act accordingly.

I occasionaly dress, but recently i completely lost the desire for around the similar lenght of time, but i went out shopping, which was against my desire and the urge is back

maybe that, if you want it, would rekindle the desire?
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

It isn't lost, just misplaced...

Something similar happened to me a while back, I also posted a thread here called "Dressed out" (I don't know how to post the link). Anyway, the urge will be back, in the mean time, enjoy your guy time! For me it was a little bit of a relief not to have to think about dressing for a few days.

Hugs,

Claudia Dawn

Do what you want when you want. If you need break from CDing, take one. I didn't dress for a year once. I just didn't feel like it.
    [SIZE="3"]Michelle[/SIZE]

Well, put it in park for a bit. Soon enough you'll be be shifting out of neutral and back into overdrive before you know it! (And not to worry... it happens all the time.)
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Sounds like a normal short cycle to me ... the amount of time you mentioned isn't a big deal.

For me, there are short and long cycles. The short cycle fluctuating within the longer. Short cycle is counted as weeks & months, long cycle is 1 1/2 or more years.

Right now I've just entered the male side of a long cycle, that means for the duration, I will dress enfemme infrequently, spending most of my time in male mode or what I call "in combination mode" a middle ground. When I am in Female mode of a long cycle I spend most of my time dressed enfemme, and when necessary will dress in male mode for short periods of time..

Lost the "Drive" to dress?

I think we all have gone through not wanting to dress but belive me you willstart again, I sure did

Oh yes, Ness. It happens to me. Last week for instance.I was not in the mood to shop. But I was near my favorite thirft store (drab) and just stopped to say hello. I ended up with a beautiful dress, a wig in red and a wig stand. Full story later and pics when I get done trying it on and typing it in.

That happens to me a lot too,sometimes I'll go a month and then get inspired by something or another.Sometimes I won't really pick up on what got me going strong again.I sure would give anything to know exactly why the urge goes and then returns with a vengeance.The answer must lie in our fluctuating hormone balance or lack there of.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Before u know it, Nessa;

IT'S BACK!

Happened to me last year!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Totally normal, from my personal experience. The desire to CD (like many desires) ebbs and flows. I go through varying lengths of time with a strong desire to dress everyday, periods of medium desire, and periods of zero desire. Just accept and enjoy each different stage.

I think it's interesting that you're so deeply concerned that the desire is momentarily not there. So many people wish the desire would go away permanently. 99% of the time, it doesn't.

Er, could it just be "that time of the month"?

Could be. And if it happened once, guaranteed, it will happen again.

Crysten

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa88 View Post
    For 3 weeks now I have had no desire to dress what so ever. I believe I might have overdone 4 weeks ago to the point it was like eating a certain food for a week. Is this normal? Is it due to low estrogen levels?
    Don't know. But I am in a low point right now too. Lately it's been nothing but tunnel vision when it comes to my Dodge Challenger restoration.

Everything is a cycle for me. My arcade games, my guitar playing, my challenger resto, my oil painting and my crossdressing. When I'm in a certain cycle, it's full bore, and complete tunnel vision with it.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

I suggest counselling, or hypnotherapy to help you get started again. OK, just kidding. I know I go through cycles when the urge to dress is much stronger, and other times when it isn't there. Given the stories of people "purging" only to have to buy everything again, odds are the urge will return.

Don't want to hijack the thread, and apologies if this has been asked before, but if there was a one-off pill or treatment that was virtually guaranteed to take away your urge to be a CD, would you take it?

I definitely wouldn't. Its just a part of me and I'm fine with that.

New Girl On The Block NikkiBeth's Avatar
    [SIZE="2"]I am going through that cycle, right now. My wife was gone all last week and the "pink fog" never blew through.
    This was the first time I can remember that I did not dress, when I had the house all to myself.
    I do know that this too shall pass, and Nikki will come out to play.[/SIZE]

lost the DRIVE to dress

I lose the drive the summer months. To many other things to do & sometimes its just too hot.
    just north of crook county,in the land of Lincoln(if he could see it now)

i to have exp. this feeling, for me it was the inability to share how i looked and felt and thought whats the point? but short lived, i was back and running but to know that i really wanted to share gave me a new desire to go out no matter what anyone thought.. hope you make it...
    steph

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I have those times as well in fact I am on a vacation from dressing, I did dress last week but I was not feeling like doing what I normally do as Victoria so I did a few photos. At that time I had gone almost 3 weeks without dressing and for me I do take the hotter months off from dressing. Plus schools out so that makes it harder.