Thread: Surprise in the shadows

Surprise in the shadows

I love to start threads with misleading titles!

Two cool things happened last night.

DearSweetWife has been taking our dog for a nightly walk at the edge of the woods behind the school for several weeks now - It has done them both a lot of good. I was sitting in the family room dressed in a raspberry gauze smock-top strapless dress (looking quit nice, if I do say so myself) and she invited me along. I assumed that she meant that I should change into guy mode, and said that it seemed like too much trouble (it was really hot and sticky) to get all changed.

She said, "Come on - it's dark out and nobody will be there - but that dress might be a little much if someone should see us from a distance"

So I ran up, slipped off the dress, put on a pair of white jean capris that we bought to share (how cool is that?) and a couple of cotton cami-tanktops (I still like the layered look). A pair of socklets(with a pink ball) and my girl sneakers and I was ready to go...

She was right - there was nobody within a half mile of us and we just walked, chatting about this and that for a couple of miles (back and foth a few times)

Then I noticed the second cool thing of the night - My shadow on the ground from the distant street lights was absolutely girl-shaped. The jeans are curvy-cut and I wore my hip-tushie padding and the distorted perspective of the shadow (bottom is close, top is stretched away into the distant) produced the distinct shape of FEMALE. There was really no difference between my shadow and DSW's. As soon as I saw it, I relaxed a little and tried to work on my girl walk and it showed in the shadow. Then I reached up and took the clip out of my hair and shook it out down past my shoulders, fluffy, curly, and frizzy from the hot, humid night. Wow! the shadow was HOT!

I think DSW noticed something too - she really seemed to be chatting and acting as though I was a really close female friend. It was wonderful.

We got home and stripped down - she to nothing and me to my panties and thin cotton bra (I didn't want the boys to come out, nor the girls to float away.) and into the pool. Of course when we got out, the bra was transparent and clearly show the nipples and aurioles of my forms. In the past she has been obviously uncomfortable about such displays of realism, but she commented with a smile that the water was a little cold.

We dried off and went upstairs and put on matching pink cotton nighties ( I had bought her the second one not realizing it was the same as the first). With the window fan on high and just a sheet over us, we sat up in bed reading girl-books (I just started an Amy Tan) until we drifted off to sleep.

It was a delightful evening!

-jj

Jennifer it sounds to me that you had a wonderfully delightfully evening. I envy you, and congradulate you.

Shadows

Your girly shadows are still lingering in the recesses of your memory. What a beautiful evening for you both. As a couple you are joined at the hip. I just love these stories. Always was a sucker for a happy ending!!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Thanks for sharing the details of your delightful evening.
    Dana Ryan

Great to hear you had a wonderul evening
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    That is so lovely. It sounds not unlike the sort of things I do with my wife .... you know, doing things together as a married couple but there's the fact that I'm dressed as a woman. Anyway, good for you! I like hearing heartwarming accounts of events where the CDing part is "all very normal" and both partners warm to it
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hi Jennifer, It all sounds like such a delicious and wonderful evening. I was lucky to have the same gg SO for years although we never married. It's nice to have someone who accepts you as an m to f CD no matter what! You'll remember evenings like that! I don't mean to get weepy on you but my SO died in 2005 after a long illness and I'm glad I took the time to spend with her that I did and that I showed my apreciation that she was a mentor to my dressing. I once stayed dressed for something like 3 or 4 days at her apartment except to shave and shower and we had a tremendous time. We used to wear eachother's clothes. You're lucky Jennifer. It's not everybody who finds a soulmate.

Shape

Woo Hoo congrats on getting the shape you wanted!

that is a great thread. i was with u in my mind, ty for the walk
    steph

Your story made me get all misty.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.