Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressed at the mortuary?

Just a girl in the world
    Pizza party at a funeral home? I'd be worried this is some sort of way to get rid of unclaimed bodies. Reminds me a bit of that old WKRP episode where the mortuary owner was trying to do something young and hip to get younger customers because "people just aren't dying fast enough these days". As for going dressed, sure, why not. Just don't let them sell you anything.

I would wear something respectful -- an LBD, pointy-toe, slim-heel pumps, and a black purse. Of course, since it is a pizza party, my make-up would include a bright red lipstick!
    Just don't sign any papers.

getting off the subject, a wake is a wonderful place to fashion-gaze. You know, I mean of the ladies who come to pay their respects!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

You may be able to get some good makeup tips from the morticans.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I'd decline any meat offered.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Pizza at a mortuary? Really? No, I mean really?

I see no reason you couldn't go crossdressed. Basic black I guess. Please tell us how it goes.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara918 View Post
    (quoting someone else)"...but on the other hand your close family might find it upsetting...."
    Yeah, and...?
    And... That's an example of "do unto others". I wouldn't leave my family to clean up the mess I left them any more than I would want them to go out in such a way as I'd have to spend the rest of my life answering stupid, judgmental questions.

Is it time to start another "Are crossdressers more selfish than others" thread?

Banned Read only
    This whole thread sounds like it was made up just to get responses. A pizza party at a funeral home to drum up business? come on...get real.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Brown View Post
    A pizza party at a funeral home to drum up business? come on...get real.

Never look a gift hearse in the mouth, I always say.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    I don't know if you're trying to be funny or not, but I definitely got a good laugh from this
    My flickr.com username: Rebecca Morris! Come say hello

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Never look a gift hearse in the mouth, I always say.
    No you didn't!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trannie T
    You may be able to get some good makeup tips from the morticans
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca_morris_75 View Post
    I don't know if you're trying to be funny or not, but I definitely got a good laugh from this
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I would go ,but dress casual because it is a pizza party .

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    "Elvira. Mistress of the Dark"
    cracking up here what a good answer....

well obviously no ones deceased if yer got an invitation me thinks theyre drumming up business.... so be aware... but perhaps if you want to leave this world for the next perhaps dressed as you would desire be good tooo.....

Promoting the Mortuary is their idea to have a fun time.

Mind I have worked with funeral directors, believe me unless you ask you dont know if they're open to anything, some of the ones oi know im related to laffing, n we go through those jokes as well.

when we dressed my mom, she loved Jimmy Hendrix reggae music, we laughed n joked,mind when she died she was 66,..but to my dads bemusement as he and my brother selected what she was going to go out in. (casket).

this sort of thing doesnt have to be morbid as some make it...also oi guess depends on circumstances, there is no disrespect here.

So go as you wish what ever you are comfortable in.

Originally Posted by trannie T
    You may be able to get some good makeup tips from the morticans
    They now pay or have someone that does the final make overs, so to speak I have done this, just you are the one doing the make over and all the tawking laffing...
    so anytime yer want some make up tips yer can pm me if yer wish lol...depends if yer want goulhish or halloween laffing...

yeh im bad... thats me shesadvl

Mostly Harmless...
    This whole thread sounds like it was made up just to get responses. A pizza party at a funeral home to drum up business? come on...get real.
    Oh wait, I thought it was the point of creating topics, to get some answers. I've been mislead. Would please tell be the real purpose of creating a thread over here? To aim to get the least answers?

C'mon, think about it. It doesn't matter if this is real or not, we can't check it out at all. As long as the thread is interesting and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, why should we care how geniuine the thread is. In most cases we will not even be able to check out the truth about it anyway, so why should be bother thinking about something unless we know for sure it's fake, but then you can just not answer to the thread.

Just look at yourself, even you answered to the thread, so there must be something good about this thread. *giggles*
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

I agree that you should go as Elvira that really is the best idea for a funeral home having a Pizza Party. Joann0830

The Belle from Hell! Wrenchette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obsessedwithpantyhose View Post
    ummmm that hearse was WHITE
    With flames...LOL!

Believe it or not, black is not as popular as it once was. Starting around 1968-70, hearse manufacturers noticed a trend towards lighter colors.

In high school, I raced a brand new dark green Cadillac coach...yes, in my own hearse.......But that's another story for another time...lol
    Redheaded woman in a dirty Corvette.

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchette View Post
    With flames...LOL!

Believe it or not, black is not as popular as it once was. Starting around 1968-70, hearse manufacturers noticed a trend towards lighter colors.

In high school, I raced a brand new dark green Cadillac coach...yes, in my own hearse.......But that's another story for another time...lol

yup as in caskets you can have anything yer want, not the old fashioned oak teak with gold handles no more...lol... n yer can go dressed as yer please...

n speaking of driving a hearse ne'er it being mine laffing... oi used to work in a servicing department for a motor company n the "GUYS" wouldnt drive it into the work shop....so oi said geeze what a load of Wuss's, I drove it in and out.....am skeered nuttin or no-one.

Honest, folks, the Bradshaw Funeral Home in St. Paul, MN is usng the lure of free pizza to bring people in for a funeral preplanning presentation.

They are having both lunch and dinner sessions next Tuesday.

How could I make up something this unusual?

for the cynics

http://www.bradshawfuneral.com/

Check it out. They seem to be a very forward-thinking and progressive people.
    Look at the FREE support offered (left side of web page) and fresh approach.
    The mission statement is worth a read.
    "Some years ago, Jim Bradshaw set out to "create a new conversation about funeral homes," using innovative methods of planning and individualized service that breaks the mold of the "typical" funeral. "

I would say the marketing idea has worked. Even I, this side of the pond, know about them. If I was local to them I would be going for my slice of pizza and probably signing up with them.

So, apologies are in order from anyone who disbelieved MM.

And as for the reason for the thread, I reckon they would be happy for you MM, to dress as you please and you would be treated with respect and dignity.

Dress as you please!
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

It's obvious isn't it? You wear black.

Or red if you really want to be a bad-ass.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Ralph, I'm afraid you misunderstood my post. It wasn't in the "selfish CD" category, it was in the "once I'm dead, nothing will matter" category.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikyo View Post
    C'mon, think about it. It doesn't matter if this is real or not
    Maybe to you, it doesn't matter. It does matter to some on this forum. Sorry, I don't buy it for one second.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Yes, wouldn't that be the ultimate transformation !

Better yet, what about raiding Morticia Addams' closet and going as her look-alike? That's bound to be an attention grabber, although the creepiness factor might just drive away some potential business.

Mostly Harmless...
    Maybe to you, it doesn't matter. It does matter to some on this forum. Sorry, I don't buy it for one second.
    It doesn't matter, because one could go to any of the threads posted in here and start asking if its real or not. Every single one, so I don't see a point in making this one special case at all. Yes, a party at a funeral home seems strange, but it's not unbelievable. It is totally possible that someone might have an promotional idea like that. Who knows it might even work out very well.

So simply put, if you don't think somethings real, don't go around stating anything about it unless you can prove it's not true. If you can't and you still don't want to believe it, just leave the freaking thread alone. You do not have an obligation to post a message into each thread nor should you go around stating that someone is lying about something. It just isn't polite at all. No one forces you to believe what the thread started said, you know.

As you seem to have more information than anyone in this thread about this "lie", would you please show as some proves that would prove your statement? C'mon get real and show us some proves or be quiet and don't go around accusing others of lying.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

If anyone asks, just say that when your time comes, this is how you wish to be dressed for the viewing, and are looking for establishments that will be cooperative. If they want you to sign something, just say you want to shop around. Then ask about how good their makeup people are, and if they take direction well.

You wouldn't be the first one who has done this. One of my friends intends to be buried in a wedding gown. Says s/he wants to be ready when the Bridegroom comes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.