Thread: Airline Travel & Being read

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar

Airline Travel & Being read

Seems the TSA Security & ticket agent's will be Reading any of us that travel on Airlines, come this Saturday.
    To purchase a ticket you have to give Date of Birth & GENDER....
    JoanAz

So!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Aspiring Member
    So when they ask for your gender, is it the one you are physically or mentally? Just something to ponder while standing in line. DyLen

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    What Christine said. I've flown as Joni Mari, but my ID shows me as a male. None of the security people blinked an eye. The only time I even got a double take was when I used my plastic in one of the gift shops and the little gal there goes, "Is this really you?". My reply was, "Yeah, but I look better like this." She just smiled.

I don't see that it matters. We are who we are. If you're TS and have had your ID and all of that changed and taken care of, then your gender is female. Everything matches up. If you're a regular old occasional tgirl like I am, then my ID shows me as male. Oh well. Nothing in their rule books says anything about how you dress or present yourself.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    Last edited by Joni Marie Cruz; 08-13-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Yup - you give them your legal gender and go on about your day and trip.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Yup - you give them your legal gender and go on about your day and trip.
    Well said from a well travelled air girl.
    You're definitely the queen of the unofficial Flying Girls Club.

fly-girl.jpg

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 08-13-2009 at 10:57 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

That is right! Remember citizens, outing the trannies makes us all safer! So do your patriotic duty and help us keep you safe!

Or something.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Just the girl next door. Michelle_Tokyo's Avatar
    And I will happily tell you that in Japan's Narita airport they are absolutely fine with us flying pretty.

Just a girl in the world
    They already ask for your id when you check in and go through security, so there's really nothing new to worry about as far as being read goes. They were going to know your legal name and gender even before these changes.

This change has more to do with the purchasing tickets phase of things, not the actual flying. The TSA has been taking a lot of flack for having names on the no fly and extra security list that belong to more than one person. So if Kelly Smith the terrorist is on the watchlist, every Kelly Smith in the country now gets hassled and potentially refused air travel. These changes are, in theory, so that someone can look at the list and see that Kelly Smith, male, aged 35 is on the watchlist, and this person buying the ticket is Kelly Smith, female, aged 68, and thus obviously not the person they need to be concerned about. In theory it's supposed to make things easier. Of course, this is the government, so I'm sure it will be abused and make things harder. But in theory it's a good idea.

One of my male friends loves to goad me into standing up for myself in those situations.

"Ahem. Umm, miss, it says here you are male..."

"And? You've never heard of the internet, huh?"

At least that's something he would tell me to say. Dunno if I ever would. XD
    [SIZE="1"]Nobody wants to go it on their own
    Everyone wants to know they're not alone
    Somebody else that feels the same somewhere
    There's gotta be somebody for me out there
    [/SIZE]

Yes, they are only wanting your legal name and gender to compare to the no-fly list. I saw on the news last night that there are several dignitaries and well to do folks that share names with those on that list. I just wonder what they will do if your name pops up when you try to buy a ticket. Now they read you the riot act, and you usually miss your flight before you are cleared. This is supposed to help that problem.... We'll see.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Hope-

I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, but I don't quite take your point here. It doesn't have to do with outing anyone. The TSA people don't ring a gong and announce to everyone in line, "Hey, this guy's dressed like a woman, but he's really a man. Hey everybody, we got a tranny here!"

They just look at your ID, look at you to be able to tell that you look enough like the picture on your ID for it to be a match (sadly, I do) and that's that. It isn't about outing anyone. And while I find the rules cumbersome and restrictive and rather pointless in a way, as most governmental and bureaucratic regulations usually are, there's no way around them. They do so love their rules.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    That is right! Remember citizens, outing the trannies makes us all safer! So do your patriotic duty and help us keep you safe!

Or something.
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

After the last time your TSA went through my baggage, asking for gender is the least of my worries...
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

While I don't fly in fem, I do have problems getting boarding passes in advance of going to the airport. I was told once, my name was on a watch list. Most times I would have to go to the airport and show my ID in order to get a boarding pass. At that time the airlines were in charge of checking this information, now it has been moved to the TSA this is just another way to speed things along and get some of us out of having problems getting our boarding passes.