Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do hotels always interrupt my crossdressing?

Why do hotels always interrupt my crossdressing?

Earlier this week I was on a business trip and packed a full outfit to relax in once I arrived at the hotel. I do not dress around my wife and kids (although my wife knows I dress), so I like to take advantage of any opportunities when I have some alone time. I was completely decked out: wig, makeup, skirt, heels, tights. At 10pm, I hear a knock. I didn't order room service, so I wasn't expecting anyone. However, I look out the peephole and see a hotel staffer. I'm about to tell him he has the wrong room, when he knocks again and says "Mr. {my name}, we have an amenity for you." All of sudden my heart starts racing: what do I do? Do I open the door and pretend that I'm the girlfriend, do I simply open the door and pretend like nothing odd is going on, do I send him away saying that I'm currently indisposed? I stammer, "Uhmm, well I..." and fortunately he then says, "I'll just leave it outside the door for you." RELIEF! I say thank you, wait 10 minutes after he's gone and peak out the door to find a dessert with a note "Compliments of the hotel business manager."

The thing is, stuff like this seems to happen to me almost every time I dress in a hotel. Twice I've had a fire alarm go off, and once before I had a hotel staffer knock to ask if any water was leaking into my room. All of the cases were easier because I didn't have makeup and could quickly pull the skirt down and pull pants up over my tights. Still, this has happened so much, its hard not to wonder if hotels are watching us in our rooms and like to mess with us. Has anybody else had experiences like this, or have I just had a run of bad luck?

Heheheheh, you either need to pick a different brand of hotels, or you're just unlucky.

I don't share your experiences at all.
    WARNING: I'm a hopeless forum troll. I sometimes get carried away in arguments. I'm not from the USA and not a native speaker, which does mean I sometimes simply misunderstand.

Mainly here to find out who I am and learn. Having a place to let of steam to understanding people in relative anonymity is great!
    ---
    Men run on testosterone, women on Toblerone.

hmmm, may be the hotel manager knew what you were doing and...........

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Open the door! I always have. Chances are that they've already seen many more than one of us. Plus, when are you going to see this person again? Don't worry so much about it and have fun!

Kathi

"hmmm, may be the hotel manager knew what you were doing and........... "

I agree maybe you were just to good looking he couldnt resist sending you a gift.

But that is funny, if i'm dressed and the phone rings my heart jumps.

I've had one fire alarm experience and a couple of maids who have come to the door, but in all three cases I just stayed dressed and responded as I would have otherwise. In the fire alarm, I got a few looks but not really much since I was wearing an overcoat over my nightie (the alarm sounded at about 1:30 am) and bare feet (I didn't own any slippers). When the maids came, I just let them in, they did what they needed to do, and they left. I don't think the maids had any idea who had rented the room.
    Those were earlier experiences in my CD career; now I usually check in dressed en femme. I have had no problems.
    warmly, Linnea

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Nope. I don't require the use of a hotel to change into clothing that I'm perfectly fine wearing in public. I'm comfortable enough wearing any clothing since I pass without makeup and have long hair.

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by gender_blender View Post
    Nope. I don't require the use of a hotel to change into clothing that I'm perfectly fine wearing in public. I'm comfortable enough wearing any clothing since I pass without makeup and have long hair.
    *agrees* Much easier to dress from home instead of having to go somewhere else to do so.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

You're doing nothing wrong, so what if they see you. Most don't even care and if they did who are they going to tell.

Next time don't forget to put out the Do Not Disturb sign.
    [SIZE="3"]Michelle[/SIZE]

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Its simply the CCTV systems

'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle S View Post
    Next time don't forget to put out the Do Not Disturb sign.
    That's what I was going to say, put the sign up or be sure to tell them when you get in that you are really tired and you want to rest and that you don't want to be disturbed.

I think you should have opened the door an accepted the amenity, and let the hotel staffer think what he or she wants. I'm sure they see a lot of things, and probably don't really care.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

do not disturb :)

I put out the ole "do not disturb" sign and I've never had a problem....of course that won't stop fire alarms and such, but those should be rather rare!

Having said that, I must admit that it does cross my mind that I do need to have a plan in case there is an emergency, especially if I'm only partially dressed that night!

tina

Banned Read only
    Murphys Law. Murphy is always there, lurking nearby. Always keep it in mind.

I get lucky as far as being caught red handed goes. I always know when to dress down.
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

Gold Member
    Careful........ Big SIS is watching you!!!!!!!!!

Hotel Experience

Many years ago when I first started traveling with an extra suitcase... I arrived very late at my hotel and even with guaranteed late arrival, the hotel did not have a room for me. They eventually found a suite that was available but it didn't have any beds. ("Would I mind sleeping on one of the couches?") I was so tired I would have slept on the floor. They said they would have a regular room for me in a day or two... Well, the suite was about as big as my house. It was huge! I wonder why there were no beds... Anyhow, the next day they found me a regular room so I moved all my stuff into a much smaller room...

The first night in the new room I had finished dressing completely and there was a knock on the door. "Hotel Security! This room is supposed to be vacant. What are you doing in there?" Well, I just about had a heart attack... I quickly replied telling them that I was indeed a registered guest and had moved from the suite upstairs to this room and they should check with the front desk before they knock on doors... They called the front desk on their radio and confirmed the my story. They apologized and went away...

Whew!

Robyn P.

Just a girl in the world
    I assure you people who work in hotels have seen it all, it probably wouldn't phase them, though they might chuckle about it later.

Fire alarm issue aside, the do not distrub sign is your friend if you really are doing something you don't want anyone walking in the middle of. I pretty much always put it out when I'm in the room even if I'm not doing anything more than watching tv or in drab. I just don't like being bugged.

Thanks for all of the responses. Yes, I'll definitely have to start using the do not disturb sign. I just never thought I needed it at night. I've been in drab in hotels hundreds of times and have never had a knock on my door after 5pm unless they were bringing room service I ordered. Yet, this has happened twice when in drag! I suppose its just Murphy's law, or perhaps someone up there is trying to push me out of the closet.

I'm still not sure what I would do if I was fully dressed and the fire alarm went off. Maybe quickly switch out the skirt and heels for pants and flats and then stay in the shadows and away from crowds while waiting outside?

Silver Member
    Oh how I love to get to a hotel and get dressed and no fear of interuption, well for some of us lol

Hi Jamie,

I agree with Kathi. When some hotel person knocks on the door, just open it up and be yourself.

Michelle

Much like medical workers, hotel workers have seen most everything. I used to work at a Holiday Inn, delivering room service. I was surprised the first time a woman answered the door in the nude, but got used to it, as it happened not infrequently.

I dress frequently in hotels. Once during a fire alarm, I took off the nightie and threw on jeans and a t-shirt over my bra and panties. I have had maids come into the room while I was out, but they never know who or how many are in the room.

Jaydee

A free desert? I think that's great!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Yes, but don't you want to be seen en femme?

Just open the door and let them in.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!