Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do hotels always interrupt my crossdressing?

While I did travel in my work, I entered my Hotel room and was out of drab cloths and started to dress femme and the door opens and in walks a hotel staffer. She had a master key and just opened the door without knocking. She said she just wanted to make sure the room was clean, before I checked in. Guess she got an eye full of a guy with nothing but panties and bra on. Guess one never knows what goes on in a hotel room, huh ?

Gold Member
    I disagree with the do not disturb signs. I think the manager would get a piece of my mind if his employees were knocking on my door at 10 PM. Then I would thank him for the dessert.

as often as i stay in hotels, this has never happened to me....in some ways, it has a sense of excitement.....why not, nothing to hide.

how could you be sure this is an hotel staff member? could be any creep off the street. i think a call to your room from the front desk would would first be in order. lock and chain the door. and DO NOT DISTURB! p.s. one time had a fire alarm, everyone was told to vacate the hotel. not me! i'm in the middle of doing makeup and half naked. until i see smoke or fire im finishing dressing. don't mind going out dressed, just not with half makeup and in bra and panties. all turned out well got dressed felt good. false alarm anyway. only on second floor. coulda jumped hugs all

I would check into a hotel, dress up, then walk the halls, and maybe go to the lounge. You'd be anonymous, right; so why would you care.

Maybe you should just patronize that hotel that gives you a free hot cookie at check-in,then they won't bother you with other "amenities" later on!

Karen

I travel a lot (not so much lately) and it happened to me frequently. I went to places where the hotels are not electronically supervised so the maids have no way to know if you're in or not. Plus, some have the tradition of opening the bed for you. Usually about the time I was back in my room, after a heavy day doing field work.

Once, the maid just opened the door. The room was so crappy that the door was just in front of the bed where I was siting reading a book wearing a cotton teddy and pantyhose. I jumped from the bed to the bathroom. Nothing out of the ordinary, the bathroom was just next to the bed anyway. She didn't see me, apologized for the intrusion, asked me if I wanted the bed open, I answered through the door that I didn't and she left.

Once my manager came and knocked on the door to talk to me. I started to take my clothes off but I saw that it was going to take a long time to undress, redress and get all the stuff out of sight. I just told him to meet me downstairs and he assumed that I was busy in the toilet.

Once a maid walked in, I was half sleep and fortunately I was just naked out of the shower. I didn't react in time to cover myself so I pretended to be full sleep. Could you believe that the **** stayed for a while looking at me?? I guess that's what she did, my eyes were closed. But I could hear her walking in and then walking out 10 or 15 seconds later.

I never had a problem CDing in hotels, mostly annoying situations. The worst one was one day that I overslept and I got a call from the front desk because the driver was there to pick me up. I was in bed with my nightgown and panties, took everything off, done my "tough guy disguise" (working clothes, boots, hard hat, etc) and ran down. When I came back to my room, my nightgown and panties were neatly folded over the pillow.
    I froze, freaked out and almost ran away not to return ever again. In the end nothing happened. I guess the maid should have noticed that there was a male in the room. Probably though that a girl was there with me that night (and walked away naked...) or probably thought nothing out of it.
    I wasn't going to ask and nobody ever said a word about it.

I learned from experience and just became more careful (paranoid/obsessive).

North Carolina CD North Carolina CD's Avatar

hmmm

well, this would be fun, i love other people seeing me dressed up, so i would probably just open the door... and see what happens

The people who work in hotels have seen it all. As long as you don't bother anyone they have no interest in bugging you. " Do not disturb" is your friend.

Sometimes if I am going to be using the room all day I will call the desk and ask to not have the room cleaned. ( I can make my own bed) They usually leave clean sheets and soap, etc. at the door.

Never had a fire alarm go off tho. I would just go out en femme, as long as I was not wearing a nightgown.
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

I personally don't dress on buisness trips if anyone from my company is also coming along. But if alone I will dress up and often leave the hotel to go shopping. Never had any troubles from hotel staff and surely they know a tall tranny is on da loose!

I once drove down to Florida enfemme on a Sunday for a Monday morning AM appointment. That was a hoot and the lady at the counter professonally checked me in with no troubles. The next morning she saw me in my sport coat and tie!

I personally think they see a lot of us CDs over the years and its not that big a deal. Just watch out for co workers, customers, etc if you are still in the closet a bit.

I been at home dressed when someone came to the door. I just answer it. Once was the UPS guy and signed for and another time the mail lady and she was getting back in the mail truck when I went out to her to get my mail. Now she waves to me everytime she comes by. See most people dont care if they're working you're just someone they see on the job.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by stefanie View Post
    as often as i stay in hotels, this has never happened to me....in some ways, it has a sense of excitement.....why not, nothing to hide.
    Quote Originally Posted by onceinawhile View Post
    I would check into a hotel, dress up, then walk the halls, and maybe go to the lounge. You'd be anonymous, right; so why would you care.
    Quote Originally Posted by North Carolina CD View Post
    well, this would be fun, i love other people seeing me dressed up, so i would probably just open the door... and see what happens
    That's my take on it. I'm definitely not out of the closet and rarely wear anything one would consider respectable, but always carry a tasteful robe in case I need to answer the door. Or get ice. Or any other evening adventure.

Actually, hotels like Extended Stay don't offer daily housekeeping service, so I stay there when I travel. No one bothers you and your car is only a short walk from your front door.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    I been at home dressed when someone came to the door. I just answer it. Once was the UPS guy and signed for and another time the mail lady and she was getting back in the mail truck when I went out to her to get my mail. Now she waves to me everytime she comes by. See most people dont care if they're working you're just someone they see on the job.
    lol! I've done that, generally after one too many glasses of wine. Poor pizza guy...
    Jinny

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Some great stories/experiences here. Over the years, I don't think I ever dressed when traveling - didn't realize what I was missing! Almost makes me want to take a few road trips.........

Do it !!!
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    I'm still not sure what I would do if I was fully dressed and the fire alarm went off.
    Go outside and apologize to everyone -- "Sorry all, I set off the fire alarm cuz I'm just to dang hot & smokin' "

I work at a major hotel here in Philadelphia for over 15 years and I've seen a lot.Had a sucide(jumped off the roof) 8 years ago ad last year had a guest who was found dead in a room. Greeted by female flight attendants wearing just panties and hear people having sex when walking down the hallways,etc. One time after taking a guest to their roomI was waiting for the elevator and I hear a door opening and a women who I'll say was in her early 30's walks out completly naked goes to the vending room to get ice and walk back. She greeted me with a "Good evening" and she didn't care at all that I was standing there.She did it like she was at home. I admit I was taken back a little.Believe me, I seen almost everything.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGuy2Girl View Post
    I work at a major hotel here in Philadelphia for over 15 years and I've seen a lot.Had a sucide(jumped off the roof) 8 years ago ad last year had a guest who was found dead in a room. Greeted by female flight attendants wearing just panties and hear people having sex when walking down the hallways,etc. One time after taking a guest to their roomI was waiting for the elevator and I hear a door opening and a women who I'll say was in her early 30's walks out completly naked goes to the vending room to get ice and walk back. She greeted me with a "Good evening" and she didn't care at all that I was standing there.She did it like she was at home. I admit I was taken back a little.Believe me, I seen almost everything.

Felicity
    Wow I wouldn't mind your job!

I would just answer the door as I was. I'd just be a guy dressed as a woman. Not exactly unheard of.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

I know what you mean, I lived in hotels for two years on and off. The sure way to get company is to put on a dress and say "isn't this nice?"

We stayed in one hotel for 3 months and I rather imagine that the maids got to know what the deal was. All I could do was to act natural - whatever that meant.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

I too have enjoyed dress up sessions in my room. One hotel I was a regular at got to know me (male me) quite well and the receptionist and I were on first name terms always shearing a joke or two. One day I went back to the hotel early and decided to dress up before my evening meal and then stay in male attire after and have a late drink with the staff, as sometimes I would retire to my room after the meal and go female. I had just put the finishing touches to my outfit (no makeup) and in walked the receptionist (I had forgot to put the latch on) “Oh sorry I didn’t expect any body back yet and I needed to put fresh towels in, do you mind?” I was in shock this was the first person ever to see me dressed. She walked strait past me into the bath room. I was stuck to the spot with my mouth open lost for words. She came back out smiled and went to the door but just before leaving turned and said “nice outfit, going anywhere nice?” and left. It took me a while to charm down after. I went down to the restaurant and was sure that word would have spread about the CD in room ?? but not a word was said. Just after finishing my meal the receptionist came through after finishing her shift. Came up to me and asked if I would like company and sat beside me. I was still in shock and did not know what to do. It was then she explained that my secret was safe and she had seen a lot worse go on. We talked to the small hours and became good friends from then on. She even took me out a few time dressed up. We have to this day kept in touch and I go back to see her twice a year (no longer at that hotel). It might seem like something out of Fictionmania but it is a true story.

Gold Member
    With that kind of luck; maybe go out and buy a lottery ticket.

Is it possible someone saw you through the windows and wanted a closer look?

Sounds like a white knuckle moment alright.

Open up the door , smile and accept graciously, close the door.

Look up at the ceiling, is that really a smoke detector.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

I don't recall who said they would ignore the fire alarm, but I think they have no idea how fast and how dangerous a hotel fire can really be. Throw on a robe or dump some guy clothes on and leave! Better than becoming a crossdressing heap of ashes.

And I'm more than sure that hotel staff and pizza delivery folks have seen it all, so they aren't even going to bother telling their buddies that the woman in some room looked a lot like a guy. But do remember to tip!

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    I say thank you, wait 10 minutes after he's gone and peak out the door to find a dessert with a note "Compliments of the hotel business manager."

The thing is, stuff like this seems to happen to me almost every time I dress in a hotel. Twice I've had a fire alarm go off, and once before I had a hotel staffer knock to ask if any water was leaking into my room.
    I'm trying to figure out what kind of hotels you stay in, Jamie!

Down at the Days Inn I don't ever recall them bringing me complimentary anything!

On the other hand, I can't recall staying at too many four/five-star hotels where the fire alarm went off (O.K., yes, it happened twice in the same night at one prestigious hotel, but that was in Chicago where they are very uptight about fires).

I do recall a few four/five-stars that were way too in-my-face. One, in San Francisco, made a big deal of about how "discrete" and "private" they were, yet they also bragged about using the old European technique of putting a broomstraw up against the door so they would know if you were in or out. Since they'd comped me the very expensive room in hopes that I'd become a regular guest, they bothered me a few times with gifts and calls.

So maybe drop down a star and see if that makes a difference?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gets the heart pumping at least!

We had a fire alarm at SCC on Saturday when I was putting on my make-up and semi-dressed. Being in a wheelchair it takes longer to throw on clothes, but I looked at my SO and said "I'm finishing my eye make-up, if I'm going to burn I'm going to look my best before I get crispy."

Of course you could always stay at Motel 6 or something. DEFINITELY no room service there.