Thread: So far so good...

So far so good..., (with an update)

The dam may be burtsing. A couple nights ago, in bed, my wife finally asked why I like to wear bras, panties, and pantyhose. It lead to the first opening discussion of my need for dressing. She asked the usual questions (gay?, change to a woman? etc) It was an emotional but good conversation. She didn't seem too freaked out. It ended with me telling her I had some things for her to read (downloaded from this and other sites).

Tonight will be the first time we have had a chance to talk since then. I am bracing my self to tell her "the rest of the story", about the full extent of my dressing. I have listened to a lot of your advice, so I am hoping it goes as well. Wish us well.

Jaydee
    Last edited by Jaydee; 08-17-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: update

Hope it goes well for you JayDee, thinking of you and yours.

I hope the good news continues
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Sounds like you and the wife are off to a great start Jaydee! I hope it continues for you. I'm one of the lucky ones with a supportive and encouraging SO. Looks like you are headed in that direction too!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Good luck and best wishes girl. talking is the best thing. Just be open and honest and don't go overboard. One step at a time. As Debbeelee said, I am also lucky with a supportive wife. Same questions when I first came out to her but she came to accept it in time. Good luck, hun.

Good luck, Jaydee.

It seems that so far, you've done things right. Continue on the slow and graceful path you've started out on. Prepare yourself for the tough questions and completely honest about it all.

Should you get asked a question you do not have an immediate answer for, do not say anything. If you show any signs of confusion about this, it may be perceived as you being confused about who you are. Let her know that you need time to properly address the question rather than say something that may not entirely be correct and only confuse things for her in the long run.

Many of the typical questions are addressed and explained in detail in these crossdressing myths. From "gay" to "choice" and everything in between... well, almost everything. There are several myths yet unexplored in that series, but I'll get to them in time. I've got a real problem with people choosing to believe in fallacy over reality, so I devote great effort in bursting the bubbles of lies, misconceptions, myths, and flat out garbage. I hope my effort is not in vain.

Again, wishing you much luck and success, Jaydee.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Good luck, Jaydee. At least your talking, and that's a good start.Talking is important, and so is listening.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Best wishes to you both
    Our Fab group is here for her to learn and have a safe place for her to talk...just a suggestion.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Good luck. The most important thing in this and any sensitive conversation is to remain calm and not allow it to degenerate into a name-calling argument. I wish you well.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Good luck to you,I actually have that talk with my wife on a regular basis altho she is totally ok with me crossdressing.

glad for you and the wife
    I came out to my wife over 30yrs ago and she comes with quiestion that hard for me to explain. So I been trying to get her to join this site and talk to other wifes and so

Good Luck to you. I know it makes things easier when you don't have something major to hide.

Sounds like you're doing it right.. good luck..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Good start, I hope all goes well.

i hope for the best for the two of you!

Wow! Well, my wife and I finally had the "talk", last night. I had thought we would get a chance on first Friday then Saturday. I had been on pins and needles all weekend.

I LOVE MY WIFE!! I am so happy. She didn't scream, run out of the room or call me a pervert. During our discussion, she accepted that it was "hardwired". She said that she is still trying to get her head around it, but is trying. At this point I will accept that as a victory. She still hasn't asked some expected questions or asked to see my stash, but I expect that will come soon. At least know the closet door is open. Now I think we will work on boundaries, and I will do my best to keep the pink fog at bay.

I want to thank you all for your support. I could never have done it with out this site, and my friends here. I will provide updates as appropriate.

Jaydee

Hi Jaydee,

Good for you! It sounds like you are taking all the right steps and moving in a positive direction.

Michelle

Banned Read only
    Sounds like everything went well, hope that it continues to go good for the both of you. Keep us updated on how things are going.