Thread: Frustration

Frustration

I am so frustrated, I am desperate to be out as Trish but need to save money to do so. I so want to be enjoying myself elsewhere, dressed and looking pretty(?) The next two weekends I will be able to do so. YAY YAY. But its really hard now. I'm not sure I can manage the whole weekend as a bloke. I will though.

How do you girls manage the depression I am going through.?

Hugs and thanks,
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tricia_uktv View Post
    Your depression has no effect on me
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Oh yeah, I go through depression on a fairly regular basis. I think maybe it's just part of my own package deal . . .

As for how to deal with it:

Aspiring Member
    I am still trying to handle the depression. DyLen

I am so frustrated, I am desperate to be out as Trish but need to save money to do so. I so want to be enjoying myself elsewhere, dressed and looking pretty(?) The next two weekends I will be able to do so. YAY YAY. But its really hard now. I'm not sure I can manage the whole weekend as a bloke. I will though.

Hugs and thanks,
    I can't always dress up when I like, either.

Pictures, Tricia. I frequently look at photos and video I have of myself as Gabrielle. Seeing her beautiful smile as she looks back at me with those eyes helps a lot.

If you've got pictures, break them out and enjoy the memories. Bet they make you smile.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You ladies don't know what real depression is!! Not being able to dress for a few days may not be nice, but it surely is not something to become depressed over.

4 years ago I lost my wife. We had been married almost 50 years, but had known each other over 60 years! She had been totally accepting of me as a CD from the day we became engaged, which was when I told her! Believe me, I was depressed!! To the point where I was seriously considering suicide!

With the help of a dear sweet GG in Scotland (whom I met on the internet!), and a few other people, I got through that period! I also applied some thing I learned in Psychology 101 back in my college days ( a century ago!).

One of the major thing was a rule I have made a part of my life ever since, and it has helped through many situations. That rule is very simple: ONLY WORRY ABOUT THOSE THINGS THAT YOU CAN CONTROL!! My wife had cancer, and it was Terminal when it was diagnosed! There was, and is, no way that I had any control of the situation then! But I did worry, and went into depression! Now I know better!!! Be concerned, of course! But worry, not a chance.

Back to crossdressing! To say you are depressed because you can't dress for a few days is, IMHO, ludicrous! A little unhappy maybe! But depressed?? It is not the end of the world for you! Skipping a few days will make the next few all the better!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Steph, I am really sorry about your wife. I hope I die before my wife does. She can probably live without me, but I don't know if I could.

Tricia, I am at the point where I don't get really get 'depressed' if I can't dress, but if I can't feel Her presence when I need to, I feel torment, emptiness, and loss. It's more like your thread title 'fruastration' than it is depression.

In these moments, all I can do is imitate and hope I get it back, and find solcace with my family, especially my wife.

A good trick I've found that works for me is to plink away on an electronic keyboard. It sounds weird, but it does make my left hand work with my right, and just that action seems to soothe whatever is troubling me, and she eventually comes back.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Talking

hay try this. When I am depressed I grin like a idot. Full toothed grin. Then I think to myself. This is stuped. Then think I look like a idot then the grin becomes a small smile then a real smile and I feel better. It helps to think you look like some crazy person and that makes you grin more. After a while you WILL feel better. Plus think if your next time not how long it will be just what you will wear and if you go out what you'll do shop eat party. Etc. Anntisapateeeee it. If you wear it , she will come!!! Huggs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Silver Member
    Do not confuse frustration with depression, a significant medical condition. You are looking forward and excited about the weekends ahead, but I do not think you are depressed. You surely can figure out something fun to do as a bloke or spend this weekend planning for the weeks ahead.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area

Hugs and thanks,
    [SIZE=4]First off, listen to others.. except Paula..not sure where that came from..if someone reads your post and knows how things can be, has to feel something.. k? maybe Paula hasn't been there.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]anyway.. confused..can you dress at home??? or is it about being out and about that fulfills your desires???? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]and it was stated correctly...its not depression.. more of being let down.. so don't confuse the two.. I want to go out..but some barriers..even me, hold it from happening.. but I do dress at home to feel good.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]but on a good note, i'm going out tomorrow.. see how that works out.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]anyway, hope you find what you need to get through.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs, [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Steph put it in perspective, I too lost my wife in an auto accident. One minute you are off to work and a few hours later you are talking to a patrol officer and find you are alone for the first time in decades. Girls a couple days of nondressing is inconveniant to say the least but depressing(?) I think not.

Huggs and a swift kick in the butt, :-) Teri

Get over it. You'll have other opportunities to be all pretty.

frustration

i think all us ladies go thru lite to heavy frustration i know i do quite offten but itell myself it will get better

Quote Originally Posted by mscassey1963 View Post
    [SIZE=4]except Paula..not sure where that came from.[/SIZE]
    I won it in a raffle

Perhaps the English sense of humour is a bit over your head?
    Best Wishes

Paula

- Tony Hancock

Right, lets clarify the wording here.

Depression: sad and gloomy; dejected; downcast.

Frustration: a feeling of dissatisfaction, often accompanied by anxiety or depression, resulting from unfulfilled needs or unresolved problems.

When I feel the need to dress and I can't then I feel both depression and frustration and both these words can describe how I am feeling. I feel anxious and want to dress but sad and downcast because I can't. This leads to frustration that makes me feel dissatified because I at that time do as I wish.

These two words can also describe how Ifeel when I am dressed and it's time to get back into male mode.

I am very sorry for those who have lost a dear one but I think the responses have been a bit harsh. Tricia is not trying to say that she is clinically depressed which those of you who have suffered a loss would be. She uses the word in the context of being sad, dejected or downcast because she can not dress at that given time.

I for one know exactly where she is coming from but I not clinically depressed in a pyschological sense.

Unforunately with being a cd and living normal lifes, this can a lot of the time leave us no real opportunity to spend more time as we wish.

Xx Vicky xX
    Last edited by Vicky_Scot; 08-15-2009 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks for backing me up Vicky. Depression was a wrong word to choose at the end (maybe low would have been better) but it is all really about frustration. I don't want to shop in supermarkets as my male self. I want to be out, expressing who I trully am and be open and honest with everybody. I will be out next week and the week after is Pride in Manchester so I shouldn't whinge too much. But weekends at home do hurt me. Thanks for your responses girls and I honestly didn't mean to strike a nerve.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I don't want to shop in supermarkets as my male self.
    Then don't. Do it as Tricia. I've done the supermarket run (run's a bit of a mis-nomer in my case as I'm only about 400 yards away) many, many times in girl mode without a problem including saying hello to various friends, neighbours and drinking acquaintances.

I want to be out, expressing who I trully am and be open and honest with everybody.
    Well done for having the ambition. I hope you get there soon.
    Best Wishes

Paula

- Tony Hancock