Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaving legs? How can i get away with it in every day life?

just do it...no one cares...really.....i have been shaving for years....its almost becoming fashionable just the same.

I've been out and about with shaved legs, arms, pits and chest for something like 20 years now, and no one has ever said a word about it.

In 2001, I unexpectedly spent nine days in the hospital, with my shaved legs, toenail polish and a very new, very feminine tattoo on display the whole time. There were no negative comments, but they did start help several very nice conversations with the nurses and technicians -- all of whom were interested and sympathetic.

I just can't imagine you will run into any problems.

- Diane

I always stay hair free all over my body other than a triangle of pubes. I have never had any comments even when stripped to swimming trunks. It is my lifestyle choice, it doesn't hurt anyone else, so I think what the heck and enjoy. Until you have felt nylons on hairless legs you haven't lived. There is no feeling quite like rolling a new sexy pair of stockings up freshly smooth legs. I always use a cream such as veet which leaves me absolutely smooth and soft. Mmmmmm! Then walk out in a little mini and enjoy. Just talking about it makes me go weak at the knees.

I'm fairly young still, but I'm beginning to learn life is way to short to worry about what other random people think about you. It only matters what the people very close to you, i.e. your SO. Talk with her about it, if she's game, then go for it. I have shaved my legs, arms, under-arms, chest, hands, feet, for years, and only a few people have commented to me about it, and they were all already in the know as to why i was doing it. I believe most people out there even when they notice are polite enough to not say anything, so go ahead you'll love it and never go back to hairy legs.

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by gender_blender View Post
    How about this plan: just freaking do it and stop caring what others think.
    I can only agree to this. It's your body, so you have the right to shave your legs or not. If someones asks, just tell them you prefer it that way. I don't think anyone is going to care about it enough to ask more.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

'Gater, gamer, sleeper Ellie Lierae's Avatar
    I've had mine shaved for the last few weeks, i always wear shorts and noone has noticed.

Just do it and don't fret about others. Most will not even notice

Teri

This topic has come up yet again?
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

That's funny
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    Most people will never notice! As long as your SO is supportive and excepts it then you really don't have to please anyone else.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carysmarie View Post
    just don't know how to to get away with shaving and doing every day things without people picking up on it.
    Hi Carys,

I don't know where you live in Wales or what the people in your area are like, but I bet you they won't even notice! When I lived in the UK (Bristol area) no one ever said a thing to me, and I'm talking about "showing them off". Like having them on show at the local swimming pool, in the gym, playing golf in the summer, everywhere. Only once did I think someone had noticed, it was two GG friends of mine (women are more likely to notice than men) and that happened because I happened to be wearing some really short cropped jean shorts (Daisy Dukes) and I was stood right next to them on the patio and they were sat down near me on a low wall, i.e. my legs were up fairly close to them and directly in their eye-line. They didn't say anything to my face but I could tell they were wondering as they were whispering to each other and their eyes were on my legs. I bet what caused them to look in the first place was actually my shorts not my hair free legs! That was the only time. I promise you, 99.9% of the time people won't even notice and even if they do, they definitely won't say anything. Why not try it?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Rhonda-

Out of curiosity, what is "magic powder"? I've never heard of it, can you let us know who makes it and if it has product name other than "magic powder"?

Thanks.

Oh, and fwiw, back to the OP about the whole shaving thing, like so many of the other girls here, I am totally shaved from nose to toes, no one has ever said a word. I wear shorts and t-shirts in the summer and while I'm sure people may have noticed, nobody has ever come up to me and said anything. Just go for it.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Quote Originally Posted by Sondra Rhonda View Post
    I use magic powder and do my whole body from the neck down, no hair anywhere, no one has ever said a word. Its your body, do what makes you feel good and don't worry about others or what they have to say. I get the powder at any store and their easy to use, works great.
    Last edited by Joni Marie Cruz; 08-16-2009 at 10:35 AM.
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

The biggest hurdle is your SO. If she's on board, who cares what anyone else thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyMichelle View Post
    The biggest hurdle is your SO. If she's on board, who cares what anyone else thinks.
    There ya go! +1000!!

O

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I just shave during the fall, and through about mid-winter. That way I will be wearing jeans or sweats out in public, and no one can notice.

Hi, I've been shaving my legs, arm and pits for about five or six years and nobody has said anything even my wife. Amazingly I got more comments about my lack of hair on my legs before I started shaving. If some guy ever did I would counter with "Why are you looking at my legs"
    Paula

Well, you have gotten a lot of advice to shave those hairs off. If you are still not convinced, you may want to try the Karren Hutton tips on "almost not shaving". I practice it regularly and it seems to work great so far. Fom May until October, I almost wear daily shorts and flip flops. I play golf sometimes twice a week and ride in a cart next to my playing partner, I sit out in the sun and have coffee reading a book talking to the coffee regulars on a daily basis, and I go over to my daughter's house to lay in the sun and swim in their pool under the watchful eyes of my daughter, son-in-law and grand kids who seem to have that uncanny ability to notice the smallest detail about me when something changes. All this and no comments after almost 2 years using this technique. I am also fortunate to not have a lot of body hair to start with, plus it is not very heavy nor extremely dark.

HOW: Use one of the cheaper electric hair trimmers (about US$30.00 here in the States) that come with the little plastic trimmer combs of varying heights. I normally use the 1/4 inch one. Trim your leg hairs (I also do my lower arm hairs) and take your time to trim it in all directions to get an even cut. Get some cheap blonde hair coloring (I use the Sally Hanson Face and Body Hair Bleach kit instead) and follow the directions to dye the hair real light blonde. Voila! Short light hair that is really hard to see on your bare legs (I do not wear nylons during the summer tanning season!), yet visible enough in the right lighting conditions to prove that you are still a "man" and have hair on your legs to your golf buddies, family and friends.

When you wear stocking or nylons no one will ever see any hair. I do my arms too, because, though light and thin, they still look a little too "manly". That way I still have very light and short hair much more in tune with how GG's hair is.

Standard excuses I have heard before for why no hair: I ride bicycles and/or swim a lot and want to cut down on the drag affect (no pun intended), I never had much leg hair, my wife likes it that way, etc.

Try it and you may find it works well enough for you until you are ready for the total shave. Good luck.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 08-16-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I shave my arms and legs everyday. The only person to say anything was my daughter and she's okay with it.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I shave my legs, armpits, chest and arms and no one has ever commented on it. I wear shorts most of the time during the summer. Also, I work out at a gym 4-5 times a week and sometimes shower there. Like everyone else is saying, go for it. When you do, it will be hard to stop since having little body hair feels so good. Wait until you experience wearing nice stockings on really smooth legs.

Banned Read only
    Anyone who thinks he needs an excuse should probably not shave. If the idea that someone might notice bothers you, then suffer in silence and don't bitch.

Face it. If you haven't got the sack to do what you like, without worrying what anyone else thinks, you should just give up on life right now. That's flippin' pathetic.

"Get away with it?" What is this? The crime of the century?

i have shaved my arms and legs for years and no one has ever commented negetively. i compete in one or two triathlons per year so that is somewhat of an excuse although im not even competitive; just do it to stay in shape and have fun. for the record cyclists shave mostly so that if you crash, you dont end up picking all the hair out of the road rash. it is much easier to clean a shaved leg than i hairy one. i would know i have spent some time on the asphalt, believe me. plus if you show up at a race with hairly legs people dont take you seriously. that has always been my excuse if asked. but suprisingly few people even take notice.

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    I have had shaved legs for at least 10 years and no one has ever said a word, except for what great legs I have. So go ahead and enjoy yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

i have been shaving legs and body hair for 7 or 8 years now. i don't however wear shorts at any time, pretty much got out of doing that. i don't shave my arms yet, i am sure that would get a comment from family.. i stated shaving armpits long ago as well.

Easy! Just do it! Its not really an issue. Fact is most people don't notice or don't care.
    I started shaving the legs and chest over six years ago and have been out in shorts, at the pool etc and not once has anyone made a comment or questioned me about it

I say just shave them. Not all men have hairy legs. If anybody remarks, just say "thanks".