Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaving legs? How can i get away with it in every day life?

Just d it hon and ride the compliments! You can do what you want
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Karly in East County kayesimone's Avatar
    Just do it, no one really cares...what is important is that you care and do what makes sense for you...be confident and comfortable!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just shave them, and don't worry about it. I started shaving my legs last summer, and no one has ever said a word, and I wear shorts all summer, and play a lot of golf. I guess no one bothers to look at men's legs.

Again, I had the same fears, but again, they were mostly my own self-imposed prison of fears.

Many men shave their legs for all sorts of reasons. I read an article about a Major League Baseball player that shaves everything from the neck down. There are men who find hair on a body an unsightly image.

I've been shaving for about five years. I do everything I can reach, excpet my arms. I still like my arm hairs in boy mode. But you know even before I started to shave, I began loosing the hair on my lower legs. The area where I wore my dress socks since they weren't getting alot of ciculation and air. So, it's no big deal.

Go on and shave. It'll shave dressing time.

Ive been shaving my legs for a few years now and I dont think about so much what others think. Funny though, its one of the few things my wife saids nothing about. I was at a gun show this morning in shorts and birkenstocks and no one there said anything nor looked at me strange at all. My legs , feet and toes were completely smooth. Now , try to get my wife to let me get my ears percied, that turns into a not so pleasant conversation.

I have been shaving my legs for over three years now, and during he summer I wear shorts and no one has noticed, that I am aware of, nor have they ever commited on it. It seems to me that most people don't notice men's legs as much as we look at women's legs. Also I have noticed that many men as they get older loose the hai on their legs.
    So I would say shave your legs and enjoy, and I'll bet no one will notice, except your loving wife. Who by the way will most likely enjoy the feel of your freshly shaved legs. don't forget to use a body lotion on them to help make them even more smoother.

Yes, and even at the water park in shorts. Have fun. I've also decided men are gross when it comes to hair. Wish everyone shaved.
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

I shave my legs EVERY day, and usually I have my toes/fingernails painted. No matter if I'm dressed in mens clothes, or it's afterhours and I'm ALL dolled up, I'm shaved and painted. I won't have it any other way. Hardly anyone notices. Here's something fun to do....I trim my arm hair down very low also. Take a closer notice at just how many men have no arm/leg hair. I was supprised!

I strongly disagree that people don't notice -- if you watch people's eyes (try to do so discreetly), lots of people do notice when a guy shaves his legs. I see people picking up on it all the time -- friends, strangers in stores, etc. The fact that my legs are pretty slender and girly and really tan might also have something to do with it. But like all the other gurls who've posted in this thread, I've never had anyone comment or question me about it, and people really do not care. But if someone ever did inquire, my answer(s) would probably be --

• Bicycling is my main way of working out, and while I'm not a hardcore racer worried about wind resistance, spandex biking shorts are a lot more comfortable if your legs are shaved.
    • If you need to tape an ankle or knee when working out, shaving is obviously desirable, and it looks pretty weird to just shave one area and leave the rest hairy.
    • As I've gotten older, my leg hair has gotten a little spotty, especially on my lower shins and calves. I hate the way that looks, so I just shave my legs all over.
    • I shave my legs cuz I like 'em that way! If that makes me a metrosexual, so be it.

Lifestyle Full Time TV Julie Moore's Avatar

Shaving to Do or Not to Do?

I shave my legs and just don't worry about it. I rarely wear shorts anyway since my legs are so thin; a good feature for me! It just feels so awesome wear hose with shaved legs I'll never stop.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    I strongly disagree that people don't notice -- if you watch people's eyes (try to do so discreetly), lots of people do notice when a guy shaves his legs. I see people picking up on it all the time -- friends, strangers in stores, etc. The fact that my legs are pretty slender and girly and really tan might also have something to do with it. But like all the other gurls who've posted in this thread, I've never had anyone comment or question me about it, and people really do not care.
    This is totally true. People not telling you is not the same than people not noticing or not commenting on your back...

You've got a lot of responses here, I'm just going to reinforce much of what has already been said.

The last two summers, I have kept my leg hair short or non-existent. Everyone is right, most people don't notice, don't care or don't say anything. I did have a couple people say something but I am learning something about life, people make a big deal out of something if you do. If they ask about it and you start to squirm then that's when they get suspicious. But if you confidently say, "I like it that way, it helps me beat the heat" and then leave it at that, then it passes and it's gone.

And if they press it, which they won't, then throw it back on them. "Why are you so concerned about my leg hair? It's kind of creepy..."

And the truth is, I honestly do like them better without hair. I don't like the summer heat and I can really notice a difference without leg hair, it helps me beat the heat so I can confidently say that it helps me beat the heat and leave it that.

Just do it, you'll be nervous and self-conscious at first but after awhile you'll realize that it's not a big deal.

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Anyone who thinks he needs an excuse should probably not shave. If the idea that someone might notice bothers you, then suffer in silence and don't bitch.

Face it. If you haven't got the sack to do what you like, without worrying what anyone else thinks, you should just give up on life right now. That's flippin' pathetic.

"Get away with it?" What is this? The crime of the century?
    Leave it up to MC to FINALLY say what needs to be said...

I shave my legs or Nair them all the time. No one I know ever says anything. they know I bicycle a lot and swim too. About half the guys at my gym have most of their bodies shaved. It's no biggie.

Michelle

Simply ask youself how many people /friends do you know that have got hairy legs ? well thats got you thinking,how often do you look at mens legs ?
    you have just answered your own question

J-jay

Shaving

IVE SHAVED MY LEGS FOR YEARS , EVEN BEFORE I ADMITED I WAS A CD / TV
    AS I HAVE CYCLED FOR MILES IN THE PASED 50 MILES+ IN A DAY
    SO IT WOULD BE A GOOD EXUSE IF IT IS STILL COSY IN THE CLOSET N LESS HASTLE
    DONNA UK

I keep mine shaved and wear shorts most of the time and almost all winter while in AZ. I have have two comments in over five years, the first was because I cut my leg pretty good and a lady friend commented on it. Last week my daughter was here and we were sitting on the deck and she asked do you wax your legs, my instant response was sure then said only kidding I just do not grow much body hair. Nothing else was said about it.

My reply to my shaved legs and arms is: I need to apply SPF 60 when I am out playing golf in shorts, and short sleeve shirts. Try putting that on with hairy legs and arms. Have a great day. Charla

Shaved legs = Run faster!

I have been shaving mine for several years now. Had only a few even notice and it was really no biggy.

Hugs!

Sandy
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyR View Post
    Shaved legs = Run faster!

I have been shaving mine for several years now. Had only a few even notice and it was really no biggy.

Hugs!

Sandy
    Yes. That's true. I'm a runner, and the only time I shaved my legs I ran much faster, so people wouldn't notice that I shaved my legs

I was worried about it before I did it, but guess what? No one cares. And if they do, screw 'em. There's way more important things to be concerned about.
    My flickr.com username: Rebecca Morris! Come say hello

Quote Originally Posted by gender_blender View Post
    How about this plan: just freaking do it and stop caring what others think.
    My sentiments exactly. There is waaayyy to much of this going on. Just do it. If you want to wear panties 24/7......just do it. If you want to underdress....just do it. If you want to buy something at a store (lingerie, make-up, etc,...) just do it!!!!!!!

Man o man, sometimes I read these topics and I just want to rip what hair I have left on my head right out.

Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    Man o man, sometimes I read these topics and I just want to rip what hair I have left on my head right out.
    Off topic, but I want to do this when I see the same topic 3 or 4 times in different threads right on the front page! There is a search function for a reason.
    My flickr.com username: Rebecca Morris! Come say hello

Love shaved legs

I shave all the time and do not worry. No one has ever said anyting bad about me. A couple of ladies said how nice. Just do it. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!
    Last edited by MISSY1966; 08-18-2009 at 01:08 PM.

I say just do it. You will love it. I remember the first time I went swimming with a clean shaved pair of legs. It felt great! The water on my bare skin, so nice and cool and refreshing.
    As far as others noticing? Nah, everyone is just so worked up about themselves they don't pay any attention to others.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.