Thread: Like Father, Like Daughter!!!!

Talking Like Father, Like Daughter!!!!

Yesterday my eldest daughter bought my youngest daughter the prettiest little pink ra-ra skirt. I thought to myself, I know someone that would like that So today.... and bare in mind my youngest is nearly 11 years old..... she said, I'm not wearing that skirt with hairy legs!!!! I just sat there and thought, I've heard that line before too So I'm talking to Tam on Yahoo... and telling her all about what her daughter is up to..... and she's saying the usual 'hmph' etc.... so I sat there just thinking, shes getting just like her daddy..... turning into a right little girly!!!! They will be swapping make-up tips next....

It's weird even though she's never seen him as 'her', I really think she knows.... she certainly has 'her' fashion sense
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Hunh. How 'bout that.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Cute story T. Maybe some father-daughter shopping trips in their future?

Tristen Cox
    Hmmm....

"Stephanie"
    Interesting conversations will be had one day soon, no doubt.

Love,
    SilkenPrincess

I know you're being facetious, but it's a cute story, Tamara.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    I know you're being facetious, but it's a cute story, Tamara.
    LOL, but actually I'm not.... it's actually quite true. Gimme a sec and I'll go take a picture of it

<edit>The Ra-Ra Skirt

Last edited by Tamara Croft; 07-16-2005 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Added Picture :D
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Tamara~
    she said, I'm not wearing that skirt with hairy legs!!!! I just sat there and thought, I've heard that line before too
    ROFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always loved ra-ra skirts to. And they said on some programme back at Christmas that they were on of the greatest phoopa's of the '80's. I bought one last year in Transformations (Bristol) before they shut (the first time I'd ever tried anything girly on in-store ). I got rid of it a few weeks ago to a charity shop because I never wear it now I've transitioned - can you imagine me trying to convince anyone I'm a girl at 4* years old going out in a ra-ra skirt. I've even given up wearing it round the house cos I've so many other clothes I wear and if I decide to go out I'd have to change.

Anne

Quote Originally Posted by ~Tamara~
    turning into a right little girly!!!! They will be swapping make-up tips next....
    This is the part I was referring to Tamara.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Cool! So did you show her how to shave her legs or will Tammy have to do that?
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT
    Cool! So did you show her how to shave her legs or will Tammy have to do that?
    Nope, she wouldn't let me she just asked me how to do it, so I explained how you shave legs. She came out the shower all bright eyed saying.... oh mum feel my legs, they are all soft, I've been dying to do this for ages... well I just cracked up laughing. Can you imagine her dad teaching her how to shave legs??

Sharon... LOL... well you never know
    Administrator

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

Tamara

shes only 11,,, be carefull dont let her grow up to fast.......... they do it enough on their own...

StephanieCD
    What a cute story. I have to admit that I have secret moments where I see myself in my daughter - she's more girly than her mother (and so am I). Of course mine's only 5 but she already is holding pretend fashion shows!

(are those called ra-ra skirts? I kinda like them... :flirt:

Quote Originally Posted by obsessedwithpantyhose
    shes only 11,,, be carefull dont let her grow up to fast.......... they do it enough on their own...
    Well she's almost 11 and yes I know they grow up very fast indeed. She's already wearing make-up... but then again it's only what her friends are doing. My other daughter is nearly 17 and she's grown up very quickly.... although sometimes she acts like a 5 year old LOL!!!!

Yes Stephanie they are They used to be all the fashion when I was about 9 or 10... funny how they are back in fashion again
    Administrator

just one of the gurls
    OOoooooooooo, pretty!!!