Thread: Los Angeles Friendly Help!

Los Angeles Friendly Help!

I dont know if this is in the right section so feel free to move it if its not!

So BrittneySmith and I have decided at last min to take a trip to LA this labor day weekend to hit up the Fashion district and have some fun. Brittney will most likely be dressed all weekend so I was wondering...

good place to stay?
    places to go out (bars, clubs, etc.)
    Drag shows?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks girls

Look up club Shine: http://www.clubshine.net

It's the main TG nightclub (there are sometimes other temporary ones). Across the street is an Italian restaurant where clubbies have been known to meet and eat before its party time.

Shine is in the Valley.

The West Hollywood (weho) area is a large prosperous Gay Ghetto. There are lots of clubs and bars there.

For low-key, I go to the Normandie room.

There's a Lesbian bar called The Palms, that I used to frequent a lot, they had a dance floor with a variety of club-type music, and I always thought it was a lively and friendly place on Saturday.

The Abbey http://www.abbeyfoodandbar.com/ is a very lively gay club/bar, lots of energy and fun.

Just about any place (other than one Lesbian club GirlBar which isn't tranny friendly) is fine in WeHo, and there are lots of decent restaurants and plenty of clubs/bars, but you won't see many T-girls, yet it's all friendly. One such restaurant is the French Quarter. (Most places in WeHo are on Santa Monica Blvd, along a mile stretch of road).

In general, if you're in a middle class area, eating out anywhere in LA is fine, I've found. In LA, we've seen it all .

-- Diane
    Last edited by dilane; 08-31-2009 at 10:31 PM.

Aspiring Model/Actress Jennifer Lynndon's Avatar
    Hey Sweetie,

Lots of good places to stay, but I generally like to go to the San Fernando Valley for a fun club. It's the Oxwood Inn in Van Nuys. Club Shine brings all of the action out on Saturday nights!
    http://www.oxwoodinn.com/weekends.html

It's all about T-Girls and those who admire us on Saturday nights. It's a lot of fun. I've been there when there were more than 160 people present! That's a great group! Good drinks, a pool table, a DJ on Saturday nights and a large dance floor with T-Girls and those who love us!

What more could a girl ask for?!
    Last edited by Jennifer Lynndon; 08-31-2009 at 10:36 PM.

OMG, now I'm just itching to make the trip to LA dressed. If I went I couldnt afford a hotel. I'll keep watching this thread. BTW, the SFV are my old stomping grounds.

T-Girls Night at Hamburger Mary's in Long Beach

Hi all -- a very nice woman told me recently that there is a great club on Tuesday nights at Hamburger Mary's in Long Beach -- happily it looks like I'll be in LA in about three weeks -- does anybody know about this place? Thanks!

Diane

There are some really nice spots in Long Beach from what I've heard. And Long Beach has it's gay district I believe.

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    I will be at club shine this friday and saturday,, Please PM me if you are planning to go,,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vancouver Home 2010 olympics!

In general West Hollywood is a good area for clubs and restaurants, and being the gay ghetto is a good place for people who aren't used to going to mainstream restaurants and such. Though as mentioned in L.A. diversity is NOT a four-letter-word, and you'll be shown the same respect as any other restaurant customer.
    Shine in the valley is the TG-focused club on Saturdays, just if you go there please don't take that dive as representative of L.A., as I've mentioned before, the coolest clubs in L.A. are the big mixed ones where whether you're TG, gay, bi, straight, into fetish, you're welcome, and they have experienced quality DJ's.
    If you'd enjoy the beach area, I'd recommend ( city of )Santa Monica for both shopping and dining at the 3rd. St. mall, also easy walking to the beach from it- you can take Wilshire Blvd. or Santa Monica Blvd. to get there ( there's also the 10 FWY but that is well south of places like West Hollywood )
    definitely look at something like Google: Maps to see where things are in L.A., we are literally a big city.
    If you're gonna be in the downtown area, you might enjoy Olvera St., the historic birthplace of L.A. which is like a Mexican shopping area with restaurants as well as stores and kiosks. The train station (( Union Station ) is across the st. )

Someone asked about Hamburger Mary's Long Beach- yes there's a T-girl night on Tuesdays there. It's a bar & grill type place, like a small club.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 09-01-2009 at 05:14 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Thanks girls! Now we just need to find a good place to stay. Its so hard to pick hotels when you dont live there.

I hope to get to meet some more girls from this site! You are all wonderful!