Thread: 'Out' and about in UK - Question for the britt's I suppose :)

'Out' and about in UK - Question for the britt's I suppose :)

Hey guys,

Im looking to be taking a 2 week vaccation to the UK the last week oct/first week nov to visit my Best friend.

He lives in Norwich where the majority of my holliday will be spent and 3 days in London itself.

Both he himself and the other people Im meeting while there know about my wanting to spend more and more time as male, and I was wondering if there were any good accepting places for us to go and like, hang out and have fun.

And while most of my time (exspecially in London) is already schedualed pretty tight (London dungeons/clubbing on halloween, camden market for shopping, other touristy things), I will have some not so busy time, and I'm interested in other places where I might be able to go dressed as 'myself' and not have to worry too much about getting hasseled.

My friends offered to take me to a local gay bar/club in Norwich while im there, but not having really gonw out much dressed and bound Im not sure I'd feel comfortable or how theyed react if they found out the truth >.>.. So im rather torn on this idea. (Since it'd jsut be he and I, while in London there'd be like 5+ of us.. Security in numbers I guess)

This is my first trip to the UK and Im pretty excited, so any suggestions?

also.. Gah this probly sounds dumb.. But... If out and this would be my first time in a rather 'public' place, out of fear and security is it acceptable to ask a male friend to accompany you to the bathroom? I've used mens rooms before if theres no choice, but I've looked female, and used the unisex bathrooms before in some gay clubs, but also, I havnt been dressed male then. I know women do it all the time, the "Im going to the bathroom, come with me" thing But would it look/be.. wrong if I hauled a friend to basicly 'stand guard' while I used a stall?

(Changed the title as really, any advice from UKers is handy )
    Last edited by \/incent; 08-18-2009 at 01:39 PM.
    -\/incent
    Keep your freak flag flyin'!

I'd rather you hate me
    For everything I am
    Than have you love me
    For something that I'm not.