Thread: Last minute doubts

Last minute doubts

I got all drssed up and thought I would go to a coffee place and sit outside to see if I got any reaction. At the last minute I lost my courage. Has this happened to any of you?

Frequently when I first started going out, and occasionally even now, if the mood isn't there then you'll have difficulty passing IMHO.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

In the Beginning...

When I started trying to go out, I had the same problem. Eventually, if you really want to go out you will. Then you'll never want to stay in again.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    It happens to me and I go out dressed every time I am Victoria! I call it my inner wisdom!I know I am very confident as a woman it is those times where even now will sit in the car and think abut it. Now I only have this problem when I am dressing in areas that I may go back to as a guy! I do not have this problem if I dressed in another state.

DLCarter, I would have to say yes, of course, you betcha. But the thing is take your time and move at your pace. If you have a SO or friend to go with do so and they can be a supportive figure and you will have someone to talk and sit with.

Huggs Teri

I usually get all dressed up, drive to where I am going and have a moment of doubt just as I'm about to get out of the car. Stepping out into the light is the hardest moment, but seconds later all the doubt goes away.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I have been going out for years and am still a little nervous ,but as soon as I get out and about I start to enjoy being a girl .

Honestly, no.

But look at the reason you were going out, you wanted to "see if you got any reaction". Well if that's your reason and you fear any negativity coming your way, you have to expect the result you achieved.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

more than once and less than 100 or at least less than 1000

As an analogy, there are famous, experienced actors who just before they go on stage or on a talk show, feel nervous. Focus on what you're doing: getting some coffee, shopping, etc.- don't think about what others may be thinking.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    It's a common fear. You WANT to get dolled up and go out but would be terrified if anyone saw you. Some never get over the fear and stay indoors. Once you overcome the fear, you can enjoy yourself.

In some ways, your first time out and about is like stage acting. Once you are comfortable with your role, you are ready to step onto the stage. The more you do it, the more natural it feels.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Easy as pie ?

I found it very easy to get dressed with guy clothes over, drove about 1/2 hour away, removed outer clothing and then drove to the Glamour Boutique a couple of hours away. They specialize in CD attire and I felt right at home. There was even a little old lady drop in and ask if anybody found her sunglasses in the parking lot. No problem.

Now going anywhere else ( other than a gas station ) I'm not ready for, but if you hold your head high, you should be able to go anywhere. Just own it.

It happens at first lots and after a lot of experience, sometimes. It is easy to go out for the purpose of going out...that's okay, but then you are more focused on passing/blending etc. If you have a second goal, like shopping for something specific or doing something else it can be more fun.

the first few times are always hard, it gets easiler after you are comfortable with going out and it is lots of fun ...

Smile In The Beginning

[SIZE="3"]It happened when I started out but not anymore.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".