Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enjoying being corsetted

I have had a corset for the past several years and have enjoyed wearing it enormously. The longest period of time that I have worn this corset without removing it was for 3 days last year when my wife was away to visit family. It is a black satin full corset with half cups, so if I attach my breast forms, I can easily go braless. My only "problem" is that I have recently lost almost 40 pounds, my waste has gone from 40" down to almost 36" so the corset doesn't help much anymore.

I have planned a day off from work which will be spent as Nicole when I will travel to Glamour Boutique NJ to purchase a new corset. I cannot wait to finally get a new corset which allows me to pull my waist in further and achieve a more feminine figure.

Nicole

I do not have a corset but would love to try one some day. Any one know were I can get one?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Waist, or ribs?

Quote Originally Posted by prene View Post
    When I am wearing a corset and my attachable forms I do not need to be wearing a dress or skirt to feel very feminine. I love the feeling. I get a 5-6" reduction in my waist (31 1/2" to 25 1/2"").

When I get my corset cinched down four or more inches my hips begin to sway. I think it is a natural movement a GG has with their hips. I have gone 3 days straight a few times and love it.
    I know I walk differently in a tite corset, Prene. But, NOT sure if it's more fem or not!

I just recalled the MAIN reason I can only wear my corsets tite for 3 hours max.
    It's USUALLY not my waist the hurts first, but my smushed protruding RIBS!

The corset squeezes my ribs in about 2 1/2 inches. Wide rib cages r NOT very fem!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ready For A New Life Katherine1951's Avatar

Smile

I have numerous corsets, bustiers, and cinchers. which you wear depends on the look you want and the clothing you will be wearing them with. I bought most of mine from ebay, I don't remember the name of the shop, and they were not cheap. Spend the extra bucks and get a really good one. My favorite corsets are my leather ones, you can really pull the back laces tight by pulling them out to the sides, then tieing the bow in front and sticking the laces between the gromet spaces to hide them. I can get my 42 inch waist down to about 36"with it, it also has metal stays/boning, just make sure you get your stockings and shoes on first because it is really hard to bend over. I got one from Fredericks a long time ago which has laces front and back. I have the back permanently laced and pull the front laces tight to the bottom for the bow. When you buy one always get it at least 4 to 5 inches less than your exact waist size, fully closed. You can always leave it open a couple of inches but you can't lace it less. It has given me the incentive to lose weight and to decrease my natural waist size (down from 48"), I try to deal with the seller on ebay for a special price or discount if I buy more than 1 at decreasing waist sizes. I am in the closet because my wife does not approve so I have a P.O. Box for all my girlie purchases. Hope this helps. Oh, buy the way, the "LOOK" is worth the pain, but that is my feelings.
    Kat
    Last edited by Katherine1951; 08-24-2009 at 10:34 PM.

would love one

but i have asked around if there is a corsett made just for us, have not found one yet still looking
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGirl26 View Post
    I do not have a corset but would love to try one some day. Any one know were I can get one?
    Hey GirlyGirl. Try www.timeless-trends.com. They have great corsets for an inexpensive price. Great for a first time investment!

As for me. I LOVE corsets. I own several!

Nikki!
    Last edited by Corsetted Nikki; 08-24-2009 at 11:25 PM.
    Corsetted Nikki

I'd rather be corsetted and wearing stockings!

I have one, my Gf gave it to me.. Me and her have same waist size so works out great haha.. Get to wear alot of her clothes, but corsets are great. The look of ya posture when wearing something over the top of the corset really shows of ya hips and gives such a girly look to ya body.. Makes ya feel more like a woman plus i have worn one to bed before after an exciting night with the misses and woke up, felt really cramped but didnt take long to get used to it being on again Corsets are the BEST! .p

I only own one, the Dream corset from Frederick's, and I love it but I'm not a big fan of extended wearings of it. It's more of a buddoir garment than anything else.

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I have a seamless preformed David's Bridal corset that I sometimes wear. I wore it under my bridesmaid dress at my friend's wedding last Saturday in NY and then we all drove to Times Square late that night in our wedding attire. So much fun!

corset = work

i have two corsets, however i am in mine when i am doing chores/housework.

they get put on tightened up and away i go.............

secretly i do love them but i am not telling my wife that.....

silken

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I just recalled the MAIN reason I can only wear my corsets tite for 3 hours max.
    It's USUALLY not my waist the hurts first, but my smushed protruding RIBS!

The corset squeezes my ribs in about 2 1/2 inches. Wide rib cages r NOT very fem!
    Sounds like a perfectly normal reaction to wearing a tightly laced corset. Victorian women often complained about squeezed ribs. You're just supposed to be a coquette and to "grin and bear it" for an entire day, or for an evening of dinner and entertainment, or both.

Not too long ago I came across a quote atributed to a Madame Lombroso. staylace.com has it as well, saying that it came from the March 18, 1908 Otago Witness [a newspaper of that time period published in Dunedin, New Zealand (and thanks to the NZ library system, I have now read the original article)]:

"The fashionable woman of to-day, like her predecessor in the past, has to pay by cruel suffering for her wasp-like waist. Like her ancestors, the modern coquette accepts her martyrdom with Stoic serenity. She smiles, simpers, converses with ease and sprightliness without anybody imagining how much she is suffering, encircled and laced so tightly that she is stifled, almost unable either to move or breathe, and this perhaps, during some interminable night’s entertainment! She knows that whatever betrays her suffering, her boredom, or her fatigue will drive men away from her side, and, rather than annoy or enervate them, she courageously stifles every hint of the pain by enduring which she is able to display all her pretty grace."
    Last edited by Persephone; 08-25-2009 at 11:23 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I have 2 corsets that my girlfriend bought for me. I love them, but I don't quite know how I'd wear them under clothing. It seems that they would be a dead giveaway with the heavy laces and the knot where they're tied.

How do you wear them under your clothing without the bumps from the laces and where they're tied?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I only own one, the Dream corset from Frederick's, and I love it but I'm not a big fan of extended wearings of it. It's more of a buddoir garment than anything else.
    I believe that is the VERY ONE I ripped all the eyes out of! Trying on a "corset" for the very first time!
    Then, I found out, it was actually a BUSTIER!

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy4Mistress61 View Post
    I have 2 corsets that my girlfriend bought for me. I love them, but I don't quite know how I'd wear them under clothing. It seems that they would be a dead giveaway with the heavy laces and the knot where they're tied.

How do you wear them under your clothing without the bumps from the laces and where they're tied?
    I end up with VERY LONG LACES when I finish lacing some of mine, Sissy. I don't knot mine. I bring the laces around front, wrap them around each other, (like u do before u tie a bow), do the same in back, them bring the ends around front again and stuff them under the upper, or lower part of the corset!

What about the "bumps"? Pull a seamless Flexee or Spanx on over the corset!

Look girls, NO ONE said wearing them was EASY! But, r they worth the effort? Look in your mirror! There's your ANSWER!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

High-waist, side-zip girdles and LL bras for moi

I am blessed by still having a rather athletic natural shape even being on the wrong side of 55: 40" chest, natural 32" waist.

All I need is a firm high-waist girdles and a long-line bra to get me to a tad over 30" waist. With padded panties under the girdle, hips and buttocks are proportioned as well..

I grew up wearing HWPG's and LLB's, so those are garments I can't do without

where do you get a good corset

Hi love the chat where do you get a good corset you can put on yourself!

I dont own any corsets, but I do enjoy my corselettes very much. I wear one as much as possible, even for sleeping at times. Love that all over tight "hug" they provide.
    I am in my mid 50's, and I also grew up in the era when girdles and corselettes were a very common article of underclothing for most women, and even teens. I would often see my mother in her girdles and sheer stockings, ans I am sure that was a very big influence in my interest in girdles and sheer stockings to this day. I never dress without these very essential items...

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I have 4 corsets. 2 are the same style of an underbust in a size 28 and 26. The 3rd is a large and also underbust. The 4th is a overbust size 26.
    The underbust style works better for me. The overbust squishes the breasts too much even with attachable forms.
    The underbust in the large has a very wasp-like look to it with 6 inches in length at the sides and 12 inches in the front and back. It ends up with a lot of "angle" to the corset at the top and I have to wear a longline bra to cover the uneven look.
    I think I got most and maybe all at Glamour Boutique. All are well made, have held up well and reasonablely priced.

Have one and love the results it gives me. The longest I have worn it continueously is 2-1/2 days. The more you wear a corset the easier it is for your body to conform and be comfortable for longer periods of time.

I use waist cinchers also. I prefer a corset for close fitting clothes to get that real sexy look!

Amanda
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Gold Member
    I have 2 corsets, about two different sizes apart in size. The first is a womans
    size 30 the outher is a size 28. I have problems tight lacing the smaller one as
    my arms don't go in back to well. My wife has tryied to lace me up, but sadly
    her hands have no strenth to pull the cords. ( autheridese)
    But when in one, I hate to get out of it,

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar

I bought mine at timeless-trends

It seems to be well made and I have no problem cinching it up myself. The first time or two was a little tricky, but now it's simple and fast.
    Love will find its own way through.