Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Others wearing your clothes?

Gold Member

Others wearing your clothes?

Seems like my wardrobe is starting to become community property.

The other day, my daughter was wanting to borrow something from my wife. After not finding anything in her closet, she asks my wife what is in her other closet. I have noticed tops missing from time to time....

A few days before that, I came home from work and found some of my clothes along with some of my wife's laid across a chair. I asked her and she said a friend was going to some interviews and needed something to wear. Is everyone my size??? At least it is complimentary in that I know she has real good taste.

Anyone else open their wardrobe up?

I'm not lucky enough to have that problem, but if I did I'm sure I could live with it. Do you share clothes with your wife?

Clothes

The only one I share with is my wife. Some of the clothes she has fits really well. In your case though you maybe right, if they are coming to your closet to borrow you must have good taste. All the people I know (besides my wife) don't even know I dress so they can't borrow any of my clothes.

Jeannie

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    I have a couple friends and one of their daughters who swap clouthes with me on a regualr basis its kinda fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

Thankfully my daughter,my wife and me all have a different dress style (i almost put sense of dress but seeing that i have no sense i changed it)
    and there is a big difference in size so i am safe from that , but what does annoy me is that my daughter is always nicking my makeup especially nail varnish .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

One of my wife's friends is tall. Her and I swap shoes all of the time. We also both love pedicures and swap nail polish.

Jamie
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I think it would be fun to share clothes with my wife, unfortunately we're different sizes.
    ColleenW

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My late wife and I shared lingerie, but nothing else. I am a size 16, and she was a Petite 12 or maybe 14!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

sharing with family is fun, but if your daughter doesn't know have your wife tell her not to loan yours or your wife's clothes to a friend. You may not see them again

LOL,
    You bet Sue, infact if I see something I really like in the shops, I buy it and pretend its for him and then the next opportunity we get to go out together dressed, I make sure I hit his wardrobe before he gets a chance so I can bagsy it first.
    I often dip in and out of his wardrobe and his makeup, hell there has got to be some advantages to having a CD in the family.
    take care
    bev

My wife and I share clothes. I don't mind it at all so long as everything goes back in the proper closet so I can find it when I want it!

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    I once outed myself to a tall, well-fed gal who had other friends that shared my dress size. They would visit my home and go thru my closet. Several of my dresses found new homes with them.

A girl friend once wore my favorite dress while we made love. (It was her idea !) WOW !
    Last edited by Elsa Larson; 08-21-2009 at 04:16 PM.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I have a GG friend, we shop together and trade clothes sometimes. One pair of jeans fit us both nicely, looked better on her though - so I told her to go ahead and get 'em. Now she calls them "our jeans", we both wear them ( at different times of course). Sure, nothing wrong with borrowing clothes. Heck I like the idea that some one else thinks my choices are good enough to wear !
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Well, you know what Joan Rivers used to say. She said she told her daughter to marry a crossdresser. That way she could double her wardrobe.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Considering that my first "wardrobe" was my mom's, I grew used to share. Over the years I wore stuff from others, not always with permission (I'd have to confess that most likely I never did it with permission) but eventually got used to have my own stuff and that's obviously more appealing than wearing someone else's (unless you have that fetish).

Since I started dating my wife, I shared a lot with her mostly because I had nothing at that time (I purged almost completely before we move in together). With time I started (she started actually) buying my own stuff. My wife usually takes my male stuff, shirts, sweaters mostly. Once in a while she took some undies, it's rare because we have different tastes. And that's good because I end up using things that she gets as gifts and doesn't like.
    That lead to a lot of funny incidents. I wore all the pink panties her mother bought her for Christmas, some kind of weird tradition around here. My mother bought her a teddy once that she hated, it fitted me perfectly. So I can say that my mother and my mother in law contributed greatly to my wardrobe.

I also wore a girdle and a nightgown that belonged to my mother in law. I was back home after a month long work trip, my wife was taking a shower and I took the girdle and the nightgown that were over the dresser thinking that she had left them there to wear after the shower. I used to "warm" nightgowns for her, but that's another story. But it seems her mother stayed with her while I was away and left them behind.

Another sharing incident happened one day when we planned a night out without the kids. She took them to her mother's and told me over the phone that she had prepared something for me. I got home and found a white garter belt and a pair of stockings next to a bag with a long formal dress. Being a good obedient husband, I wore all that. I wasn't supposed to. The dress was a loan from one of her friends, she was planning to wear that to my brother's wedding. The plan wasn't to keep me dress for long anyway... and she borrowed another dress for the wedding.

And my daughter ended up wearing some of my stuff, something that bothered me at first. My wife gave her a couple pantyhose and a teddy that my daughter finally decided not to use. Eventually I got to understand that it's clothes, fabric cut and sewn. There's nothing inherently magic or mysterious about it. You wear it, I wear it, as long as it's exchanged in clean conditions I don't see a problem with it.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    I'm not lucky enough to have that problem, but if I did I'm sure I could live with it. Do you share clothes with your wife?
    We do share. Some things fit both of us and others don't. But it sure seems to help with being accepted if you can let her share!

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    sharing with family is fun, but if your daughter doesn't know have your wife tell her not to loan yours or your wife's clothes to a friend. You may not see them again
    That, I think is my risk. The reward is that I am not hiding everything in boxes. Your comment does make me think about the times moisturizer or body splash is missing. I have to ask my wife to get "her" items back from our daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post
    LOL,
    You bet Sue, infact if I see something I really like in the shops, I buy it and pretend its for him and then the next opportunity we get to go out together dressed, I make sure I hit his wardrobe before he gets a chance so I can bagsy it first.
    I often dip in and out of his wardrobe and his makeup, hell there has got to be some advantages to having a CD in the family.
    Absolutely! We went to a store once and were looking at some tops on sale. She picked some out and passed on one in particular. I snatched it up and said I would like it. When we got home, it went in her closet and she has been wearing it regularly. Oh well, I will have to wear something of her's then. She has commented that I have been changing her tastes, so that makes me feel good and a little more open to surprising her with something.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I share tops with my wife - the only thing that we have in common size-wise. I've always loved her taste in clothes - mostly because it's mine.

Kathi

We share everything but bras and shoes. and when our daughter was living at home she would raid her dads clothes.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I have lost a few thing to my wife also.

I've shared my clothes with my wife at times. The last time she had a job interview and wound up going in my skirt and hosiery.

Before bethany came out of the closet to family my sister need clothes for a new job and she was in my closet looking at bethany's clothes (my clothes are too small of either of them) and not wanting to say "no they belong to my husband" I told her yes. Big mistake DO NOT lend out a CDS clothes without their knowledge. I never heard the end of it and never got the clothes back. But I guess I deserved the yelling.
    u cant be embrassed or offended when u know who u are and actually like that person.

My wife's taste in clothes and lingerie - always stockings - is great - elegant and timeless! But sadly nothing fits so I had to go out and get my own wardrobe ----hee heee!

"A girl can dream and when you cannot dream there is always shopping lol!"

we share everything but shoes. she is size 3 i am size 10.but other than that the closet is open.we have even quit trying to keep things seperate.
    tinker_bell's husband!!!/ formerly known as charlene peters.

borrowed my purse

My daughter actually used my little purple purse when she went out one night. It matched her dress perfectly. It was pretty cool to see her walk out the door with MY purse. She did not know it was mine. She asked my wife how we happened to have such a cute purse. I don't remember how she answered mostly because I could not get over how good it felt for my daughter to think something of mine was sooo cool.

Talking Share and Share

[SIZE="3"]My wife and I share clothes. I have tons of jewelry so I got her there .

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".