Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: neighbors know you crossdress?

Dana55

neighbors know you crossdress?

hi girls i was wondering if your neighbors know that you dress? i was thinking of moving but was wondering how to approach it with my new neigbors ...should i become freinds with them or should i just keep it simple and say hi if i see them so when i go out dressed i wouldn't feel so worried about it becasue they wont really konw me that well? it would probably be an apartmetn building so im always bound to run into them.

I know NOTHING, but what if

What if you first met them en femme and became friends and THEN revealed your other ?

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I don;t exactly hide my TGism so all my neighbours know.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Just a girl in the world
    I live in an apartment complex and I'm sure most of my neighbors either think I'm a woman or have figured out my TGness. I don't really try to hide who I am. But then, I don't really take time out to know my neighbors either.

Gold Member
    Just be polite if you see them. I know some of my neighbors think I am weird but I try to at least give a polite greeting when I see them and they don't give me any crap.

I don't think I would bother with the whole "coming out speech" or anything,
    And yeah it would probably be good if they saw the femmish side first. I mean you don't have to unload the uhaul wearing a dress but just femme up a bit so they don't see Joe Average and then later see Jane.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Read only
    Yeah, mine know, I'm sure.

But then, I know they don't have green cards.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Nope. My neighbors are the in-laws on one side and the folks from the other side would probably send some kind of missionary to help me change my ways. I don't see the need to share this side with any of them, thank you.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

[SIZE=4]I now know my whole neighborhood knows,(thanks to my lovely Sister-in-law)but I do not know how any of them feel about it. Most of them are older than I, and of the same mindset as my Father was I am sure. They tend to leave me alone though. I am happy with not having any trouble. My Wifes Sister lives in the same neighborhood as my Wife and I. So after I came out to the family she thought it would be cute to tell everyone around us... And this women wonders why I dislike her so... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] Well Dana I would agree with the others whom have said to let them meet your femme side first. If I would have been out when we moved in here I would have done things that way.[/SIZE]
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Nope and they don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Yeah, mine know, I'm sure.

But then, I know they don't have green cards.

You haven't lived until one of them sagely says "La Chingada" while passing by

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I hope not. I try to keep this part of me in the closet, although sometimes I've forgotten that my blinds were not closed were not closed when I walk into my rooms en-femme.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I've been here 6 1/2 years. The few people around whom I was "afraid to lose" have died or moved, so now I only hide it to the extent of not wishing to deliberately discomfort my wife -- so if she's away in a good mood, then I might be found outside cutting the grass or weeding in a skirt.

I know for sure one of my immediate neighbours knows. The one on the other side, the position of the windows is such that there is a possibility they haven't happened to see Sarah yet, but it isn't something I worry about. The one diagonally back from me... it perhaps might not be her cup of tea, but I don't get the impression she'd bother thinking about it. The one directly behind me... has never bothered to try to get to know us, even though we've given some openings, so either they have already decided they don't like us (before I started being as obvious) or else they just don't want to know us anyhow; either way, not my problem if they decide they don't like what they see. The one diagonally back on the other side, we only see for a moment every couple of years.. I know less about them then I know about some of the random people I see on the bus.

The new neighbours, two doors down... they have a noticeable bumper-sticker style sign in their truck window that says, "Piss off a Liberal: buy a gun!". I figure that if they are into deliberately annoying people, then I have no qualms about potentially annoying them by being an obvious cross-dresser. If they didn't do "due diligence" background check-ups on the neighbours before moving it, in case one of the neighbours was "The Sort of Person we wouldn't care to Associate With", then that's scarcely my problem. Maybe I'll tilt my limp wrist at them or something like that

It's your life, just get on with it. My neighbors may or not know- whatever they may think,who cares?

"life's not worth a damn
    til you can shout out I am what I am"
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I think a couple of mine have seen me, but nothing has been said. I don't go out dressed, but we have lots of large windows.

Quote Originally Posted by dilane View Post

You haven't lived until one of them sagely says "La Chingada" while passing by
    At least they used the "feminine"..... ya can't have everything.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Well, fwiw, when I moved up here to Seattle I had planned to be 24/7, which didn't really pan out. A story for another time, perhaps. But I don't try to hide it when I'm going out or anything, so sometimes neighbors see me in male mode and sometimes I'm my real self. The neighbor across the street has seen me enfemme, I know for sure, and has come over to borrow printer paper and things like that, and doesn't act any different.

Basically, I guess what I'm saying is I don't flaunt it and I don't hide it either. I just do what I do.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

The worst hat would happen is that you'll lose one of your new friends. As you have pointed out they will see you, you might as well be friendly. Mos of my immediate neighbors know but don't ask questions. It was pointed out to me by another that it was clear that I wear makeup.

One morning about 6 months ago I was home and wearing a white cotton sleeveless gown with little flowers on the front...I had to pass by my door when I go from the TV room to the kitchen...When I passed, I looked out and there was my neighbor coming up my driveway and we made quick eye contact...I hurried off to my room and put on a white t shirt and came back to the door...Im pretty sure he saw me but didnt say anything...

DanaLynn
    DanaLynn

If they don't know, then they just don't look!
    I know for sure that one side neighbor knows. We have spoken to each other with me wearing a dress. She just said that it doesn't matter to her what I wear.

All of mine know. I think most of them have decided that i am gay, and I just let them go on thinking it. Just let them see you dressed and acting like it's normal, and if they are friendly, then reciprocate by responding with friendly conversation. I would not approach them deliberately with the intention of announcing your orientations.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Most of neighborhood knows that

I wear womens clothes. I mow my lawn in skirts and wear bra's now so they know. I'm Transsexual and transitioning and my closest neighbors know, in fact one has become a very good friend now. Loving my new life as Kimberly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Nope. I'm pretty discreet coming and going on my occasional outings.
    Mary

Neighbors

I live 2500 ft from the highway. Several neighbors live down on the road. One part time neighbor has a hunting preserve immediately behind our small farm. Emme walked out to the dumpster one bright morning and there was young mr hunter (35)....right at my dumpster. I figured ,who cares, so I placed the trash in the bin and said hi. He was so nice. In fact we talked for 10 min. (thank God I had on a little makeup) I invited him in and all went well. Now his older dad(76) knows. They are very nice and have become even better neighbors. I would have thought the opposite....but I was wrong.

Wife was away and I went to the barn when the other good neighbor was feeding up. He said..woow you look good as a woman. We talked and he said he already knew. Said he had seen an awfully tall woman in the yard many times. My wife is 4'11". He had no problem and life goes on!

If we treat neighbors like we want to be teated, most of the time we will be OK.

By the way....young mr hunter said he didn't know who I was till I spoke! Yeah!!

no silly, his name is not hunter tee heee
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

My neighbors are sheep - and I don't think they know I dress... So i am not sure I can be any help, but I think the question is whether or not you want to be out. If you don't want to be out, chances are you shouldn't tell you neighbors, if you are out, your neighbors will figure it out on their own - it doesn't have to be a sit down "I just wanted to tell you I have this debilitating heart condition" talk.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

The neighbor to my left (facing the street) Has kinda figured out that I have too much fun at Halloween, and really doesn't much care one way or the other. So If she happens to be outside when I leave the house, I just wave at her. The fella across the street doesn't say much, sorta keeps to himself, so I don't really know what he's seen or not seen. The backyard has a whole bunch of trees and such, so I don't even see the houses back there, much less see any people.
    Now, the old gal on the other side of me, well, she's a bit of a "nosey" one and would blab it all over town while calling down all sorts of fire and brimstone upon me, and having the local pastor pay me a visit to "cure" me. What she doesn't know is fine with me. I know the "day will come" when I have to confront her, or she confronts me, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png