Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stories from Military Members (Past & Present)

Quote Originally Posted by Crysten View Post
    22 years - and was never really caught. But, due to the investigation for my clearance, somehow they found out about my dressing and included it in the report. To prevent blackmail, basically EVERYONE was told about my extra-curricular activities. Nothing was ever done, but my dressing was made public knowledge.
    I was curious about the investigation for a security clearance. Good to know what to expect if that comes out.

My last year in the Navy I was on Okinawa and living in an off-base apartment and I became very enamored of a shopping district in Naha called the Black Market (it was one immediately after WWII and the name stuck after it became respectable). It was a maze of narrow streets full of little shops, lots of which sold clothing.

Have you been to the NCO Club?
    http://www.geocities.com/tina_michel...h/ncoclub.html

I yam what I yam,

Ex-Mil CDer

Most of the time I spent on Active Duty I kept my crossdressing on "vacation" and dressed in part only in the company of my wife. She was a total PRUDE, but amazingly got turned on seeing me wearing a pair of black panties. That's an aside story. I spent one 5 year tour in the old Strategic Air Command flying B-47E and standing alert with the birds loaded with 4 Thermo-Nucelar weapons... just waiting for the horn to blow. There were a lot of tense times, especially when American U-2 Pilot Francis Gary Powers got shot down over Russia and Kruschev pounded the desk in the UN with his shoes as drum stickes. I did on one occasion fly a 9 hour training mission fully dressed under my 'green tuxedo" (flight suit). I knew if caught I'd lose my wings, my commission, and be unemployed within a day. But I did it anyway. I don't remember much of that flight, other than it was summer and very uncomfortable with all those clothes on until the old Boeing staggered into the air and slowly began to climb. Central Kansas can be HOT in summer and FRIGID in winter, as I recall. Did I ever have any near misses? Get caught? Or other "adventures"? Not really. Professionalism as a member of a bomber crew was so stressed we had no time for anything else. My average work week those years was 80 hours, but I did "steal" moments here and there to enjoy my "dainties". Now, long ago retired (O-6 Reserve) and long divorced, I live alone and dress 24-7 and enjoy a facade free life. Granny

The BEST wogs were Marine Generals !
    Three crossings with grunts aboard.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Not as good as Kathi's story (and I did a year at Kunsan too) but there you have it. Kunsan was the place I literally worked 330 of the 335 days I was there, didn't even really get off base at all
    Pish tosh! All of our stories are great, because the're real examples of getting to live this life we love! Sorry you didn't get out more at the 'Kun. Although we had many days with 10-hour blacks in MOPP 4, I did have plenty of time to tour the countryside - in both male and female mode, shop till I dropped (with everything so cheap there, you can really go broke saving money), and basically had a glorious time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandyflcd View Post
    I was curious about the investigation for a security clearance. Good to know what to expect if that comes out.
    Yeesh! I just had an enhanced one done a month or so ago - the most strenuous one yet. Wonder what'll become of that. I'm already my unit's "Designated Girl" (they use another term, of course) as we have no "real" women. Guess we'll find out.

Kathi

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    My story is a little different. I never had a choice in the matter. I was born on an Air Force base as a dependent to military-enlisted parents and grew up as an only child on various military installations. We were even stationed in Japan for a few years. You can imagine my father's rage upon catching me crossdressing as a child. My parents retired as E7s and I went to college to get my electrical engineering degree. I currently work at a Naval shipyard on submarines. I never actually enlisted (by choice) and yet, even in my mid-20s, I've lived with the military longer than some of the Navy personnel I assist on the boat.

I kept my things hidden back at my parents house, and only dressed when home on leave.

That is, until I got married. My wife was also military.

Shortly after being married my wife complained about the hair on my legs and threatened to shave them. After making these idle threats a few times, I then dared her to do it.

So she did, partly, and I had to finish. She really liked them that way. Luckily we never had PT in shorts.

One day she was on the phone with my mom, and she told her what happened. At some point the discussion of pantihose arose, and the next thing I know, I'm trying on hose over my smooth legs for the first time.

This progressed to me dressing up for my wife, and she even gave me a wig she use to wear. I then wanted to complete the look and did my makeup for the first time. Being an artist, the makeup was easy to do.

My wife thought I looked great, and remarked that if we had a daughter she would be beautiful. And she is.

My first reaction was to suggest she get dressed and we could go to the mall and do some shopping. That didn't happen. She said she didn't mind me dressing for her, but it had to stay in the apartment.

One day she asked why I liked dressing up, and I told her everything, and that I was a transvestite. The term crossdresser hadn't been used in those days.

Screeech!!!! She looked up the word transvestite in the dictionary one day, and immediately called a halt to the whole thing. The dictionary included a reference to homosexuality.

Took some explaining that this wasn't true, but the seeds of doubt had already been implanted into her mind.

Thus began the roller-coaster ride we've 'enjoyed' over the past 34 yrs.
    Last edited by DonnaT; 08-26-2009 at 12:00 PM.
    DonnaT

I never crossdressed in any respect while on duty. Somewhat early on, I was privy (though not there) to a situation involving a gay sailor. He was taken to the engine room, hands bound, tied to the overhead, coated in oil and literally beaten to within an inch of his life. Everyone on the (small) ship knew what happened. Nothing ever happened to the people that abused him.

Ironically, I was hit on by a male chief petty officer about a week later. I'm not gay, so I turned it down, but of course said nothing to anyone.

Anyway, the physical assault sent an extremely powerful message to me. If I dared to crossdress in any way that might be detected, I could expect similar treatment. I'm sure that's the message that was, at least, partially intended by the sailors who beat up the gay sailor.

Usmc

Good subject; YES, had a "MOST SECRET" clearence (up until those *sshole Navy Spies the Aim's) I was stationed on a NAS (Naval Air Station) close to Russia. I loved to wear a Leotard & Tights under my running suit. On OKInawa, I would buy & wear panties when I was in town or getting drunk. The Fear of getting caught or a surprise inspection was a constant worry.

Mandyfldc.........Know of one all too well. Fellow pilot in my USAF squadron lost his security clearance because he got outed by a jilted GG girlfriend who was mad at him when she found outhe drossdressed. She told our commanding officer and that ended his carreer.

I spent the 80's in the Army, was taught Spanish and first aid and ran around in Central America for a while training illiterate teenagers and chasing drug lords on the US payroll. I kept my dressing very suppressed during that time and really began to contemplate my life and question my identity - it was an agonizing time for me (I'm the original over compensator). It was also the beginning of the end of my first marriage which dragged on for several more gut-wrenching years. To her credit, I was never home. As an 18-delta, I bandaged lots of grunts in the field and became the go-to guy for those nasty personal "rashes" one picks up after a 'date' with one of the locals. On one occasion a butter-bar came stumbling into my rack hobbling on one good leg. He had slipped and cracked his shin on the hitch of 'water buffalo'. He was freaked out and half drunk. I'm thinking why doesn't he just report to the medical officer? He has me examine him in the latrine (this is like 3 in the a.m.). He drops trou and has got this hematoma the size of an egg on the front of his shin. What’s more his legs are shaved and when I pull off his boot, yep - nail polish, sorta pinkish-clear but noticeable on his toes. He's nervous as a cat passing a razorblade. He waiting for me to react, I guess. I told him that it wasn't too bad and the skin wasn't broken etc. I told him to put some ice on it, keep it elevated, and keep off it as much as possible. He thanked me and began to mumble something and I just told him “Sorry, Lieutenant, I don’t see anything reportable here but, if it gets worse and you have to go to the hospital… I’d remove the polish.”

Michelle

True.........there are many CD/TGs/TVs/ in aviation. I know that for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiax View Post
    True.........there are many CD/TGs/TVs/ in aviation. I know that for sure!
    And at least 1 in MX here.....(besides Kathy Lake)

I did a year at the Kun too in 92-93.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Did my stint with the USAF. We didn't have barracks, we had dorms. I had a nice first floor corner room all to myself. Kinda like college, really.

Being in Medical Material as an Inventory Control Clerk, I had access to the dry-cleaned clothing being returned to the hospital squadron from the base cleaners. One of the nurses apparently failed to separate her bra and panties from her laundry, so they were appropriated by yours truly. Adding a white nurse's dress, and a rolled-up pair of socks as boobies, I was in heaven! A variation on the nurse fantasy, to be sure, but it was fun!

Of course, I always kept my fingers crossed during locker inspections, but was never discovered. And I never considered purging!

I was USAF from 1962 to 1982. I held an AFSC of 901x0 the first 3.5 years. (Flight surgeons Assistant in those days later renamed ParaMed). I found a cleaver way to CD in public. I was into Square Dancing and when ever ay skit required a male dancer be dressed as a female dancer, I would work my way into it. My wife was supportive for the skits. I never told her that I was secretly wearing some of her outfits when she was in town shopping, but I bet she knew. The remader of my USAF career I was a T306x0.

Then there was the time in Germany in1968 when the wives club had a wig show were people could try and buy wigs. Yep I bought me a dirty blond shoulder length job. It looked very hippish. so I simply said it was for use with my 'hippy' clothes. had it for 10 years. It also helped with the female skits.
    I never lacked for female square dance cloths. I made both mine and my wife's outfits. Later on I also made the outfits for both of my daughters and my son. One set was even used at a national Square Dance Convention. (I was male for the show), but I had sewn everything worn, Men's pants, shirts, vests and sleeve garters. Woman's skirts, blouses, vests, Petty Pants, Petty coats, and even the garters. I had even tooled my son's and my belts.
    I really did want to wear my outfit but the wife and kids said 'NO!'
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 08-27-2009 at 10:10 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Another aviator here. I spent 25 years in the Air Force. As a married officer, I never lived in the barracks, but did spend a lot of time TDY. I was always very careful. I occasionally underdressed beneath my flight suit, but usually on cold days so that I could use the excuse of added warmth, if caught.

Jaydee

Gold Member
    20 years in the Army and I can't see how some of you did it. First off, I only underdressed for part of the time and had things for when the wife and I were alone and that was it. No full dressing.

But if I look back, first I was in tanks and lived in the barracks in 40 man bays. No way I would even try the most minimal underdressing. Even later on in my career when I "graduated" to two person rooms, inspections were too frequent to hide stuff.

I once remember going around the barracks rooms with the First Sergeant checking out each room. He knew where multiple stashes of drugs were hidden in various rooms. Said he just wanted to wait until the stash was larger to really bust the person. Never saw him identify a stash like we would have.

To all of you that were able to pull it off:

Sorta in the military, sorta outted, twenty years sorta went down the drain. It's OK, as I got my retirement out of the b########.

Great stories everyone!! Great idea for a thread too.

So here's my situation presently. I JUST retired. Like, this week. So now I have to figure out how to incorporate dressing into my civilian life since the bean counters aren't looking over my shoulder any more.

My concern (and I believe my wife's concern as well) is that I let my dressing go wild and take over my life. More than it has already anyway. LOL.

With my kids constantly around it's sorta difficult to dress with any regularity. I guess it's just weird to not have that preassure of of the military bearing down on me constantly. What a relief!!

Short tale here - my wife had a med condition that caused her to gain - I would guess 150 pounds over the course of like two years. They FINALLY figured it out, got her on the right meds, and she's back down to 120 pounds. Sooo.......I confiscated all her clothes as she went through my size range including like 6 pairs of jeans.

So that's how I"m dealing presently. I wear panties, nylons, and womens jeans just about all the time. Not a bad way to go. Occasionally a bra or bodysuit. I think that will have to be my balance point for now anyway.

Anyone else have to figure this out when you retired/got out of the service?
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Retire?! Heck, I'm havng so much fun now (can't wait to be on the F-35), that they'll have to kick me out!

Kathi

I don't have any stories, especially as good as Kathi's. I was in the Marine air wing for 4 years but didn't crossdress at all, even though I had been doing it all my life.

I guess the most interesting thing was an outing in Singapore. My maintenance shop ended up at an outdoor drag show with ********. Back in the '70s that was a big deal. It was such a big deal back then that I remember reading about them later on in a men's sex magazine (ala Playboy). I was totally amazed at how good they looked. They looked so good to one co-worker that he went home with one.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Wow - what stories! Was USAF for 23 yrs and never underdressed as I usually went to the gym everyday to run 6-7 miles.

Started with my ex's clothes/makeup and was finally caught by her - not real thrilled but not overly upset. After our divorce I was a single parent for sometime overseas so had to be real careful though enjoyed time in the summers when my child was home visiting his mom! When I lived alone I had some nice times on the weekends but always made sure the lipstick, makeup, (esp mascara) and nail polish was completely off.... Ah, the memories but no close calls fortunately.....

Though nothing compared to what I've heard here! You girls rock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    Never had the right opportunity to dress in the Army...I am curious if anyone was in the Navy and witnessed or participated in a Line Crossing ceremony, which I understand involves sailors being forced to wear drag the first time they cross the equator, anything to it?
    I spent 20 years in the Navy, and participated in three crossing the line (Shellback) ceremonies, and four Chief's initiations.

On the first crossing the line, one of the Polly Wogs that eventually was crowned Wog Queen, was absolutly stunning. Some time later he was caught in a compromising position with another Sailor in the shower while deployed and was discharged(both were).

I never had to wear anything other than drab clothes, however many times I really wanted to.

Going to the Phillipines where it is common to see TS/TV's (socially accepted), some were very amazing and others were not even close to passing.

Great stories everyone!! Great idea for a thread too.

So here's my situation presently. I JUST retired. Like, this week. So now I have to figure out how to incorporate dressing into my civilian life since the bean counters aren't looking over my shoulder any more.

My concern (and I believe my wife's concern as well) is that I let my dressing go wild and take over my life. More than it has already anyway. LOL.

With my kids constantly around it's sorta difficult to dress with any regularity. I guess it's just weird to not have that preassure of of the military bearing down on me constantly. What a relief!!

Short tale here - my wife had a med condition that caused her to gain - I would guess 150 pounds over the course of like two years. They FINALLY figured it out, got her on the right meds, and she's back down to 120 pounds. Sooo.......I confiscated all her clothes as she went through my size range including like 6 pairs of jeans.

So that's how I"m dealing presently. I wear panties, nylons, and womens jeans just about all the time. Not a bad way to go. Occasionally a bra or bodysuit. I think that will have to be my balance point for now anyway.

I retired from the Navy almost 14 years ago now. Went from a High Stress job in the Navy to a High Stress Job in the Transportation industry.

I love my job, and have over the years accumulated a significant amount of underdressing stuff.

I never see myself as a complete CD, or even ever going out.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita D View Post
    Wow- Kathy! What a story! I have never been in the military but can only imagine what it must have been like for you and other TG people in such a heavily macho environment.
    Thanks so much for sharing- and don't apologize for length- you told the story with all the details I wanted to hear. Would love to hear more!
    it is hell. im slowly loosing my soul. im here at AIT part of Initial Entry Training, to learn field artilary.
    i cant stand the way men act at all.
    im loosing bits and peices of my sanity because just being around it makes me feel like shit(so degraded) because of the way they treat women here.