Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate to see summer end.

Hate to see summer end.

Just think Labor Day is just around the corner and that means the end of summer for the most part.

I love summer. I love wearing all the neat summer clothing. I love wearing sundresses, swimming suits, scandals, the tee shirts with the skinny straps with the built in bras, capris, all kind of shorts, and of course mini skirts.

I used to crossdress from Oct-March but for some reason I decided to dress as much as I could this summer. I kept my legs shaven and my toe nails painted all summer long. It's a great feeling to have smooth tan legs and brightly painted toe nails as I walked down the street in my favorite sundress.
    One thing that I didn't realized was how cool and comfortable ladies tee shirts are. The feeling that you get when a summer breese blows on your bare shoulders is unbelievable.

Don't get me wrong I like wearing knee high boots with black tights during the winter. There's all kinds of neat sweaters to wear and neat winter coats, but winter seems oh so long.

I know that when I retire I'll probably spend as much time down south in the winter months. For now I'm going to enjoy the remainder of the summer.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

U don't KNOW, April,

what it's like living in, or near, a beach town!

We CAN'T WAIT for Labor Day, and for the schools to open again!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Me too! I just washed and put away all my pretty summer things, so sad to think I won't see my white purse and shoes till next spring...I did go out on a high note, I've been looking for a white eyelet dress forever and I finally scored one at the outlets last week, too late to wear it again this year but now I have something to look forward to all winter:

In the south you look forward to Labor day. The streets are yours while the kids are at school. Beaches are pretty empty too

Chuckle....it's just moving in to summer here in Australia. Can't wait to slip into the sun dress and prance about,,,wheeeeeeeee

Can't really say I'm sorry to see it go here. It's 10:00 pm and it's still 97 deg.!
    They forcast 103 tomorrow and 111 by the end of the week. Can't wait for fall when I can put away the asbestos lined dress and put on the cute things.

I'm with you April.
    Angie

I am also dreading seeing summer ending, like you april I am going to miss wearing my sundresses, they are so cool when it is 100 degree's outside. most of all I am going to miss being comfortable while wearing dresses, I dont like the cold.

I'm not looking forward to the colder weather, and I'm gonna miss Summer, (especially this one, since I've gotten out more than ever before). However school will be restarting soon, and grandboy (16) will be out of the house more. (Time alone = Time dressed fully)
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

HI...
    Hey Cindy. youll still be hotter than us . spring is well on its way . flowers are out . & the birds are chirping ...
    ...noeleena...

I love summer but in a way in my neck of the woods it's a total washout for dressing. It's so hot you just can't wear any real clothes, makeup is out of the question and with the wig on top things go from bad to worse. Roll on the cooler months, then we can look forward to next summer!
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Lady, in Austin Texas we are working on like our 63rd straight day with temperatures above 100F. I've had it with summer. I can't wait for it to end. I want to see what 70F feels like again. I want to walk outside with out my makeup running down my face . . .
    You can have summer, I'm through with it . . .

I love summer, too. Light, sheer, floaty dresses and white pumps and sandals.....But then, I don't get to wear my nice sweaters, wool skirts, and boots when it's hot out. Every season has its own treasures when it comes to feminine clothing, and I enjoy all the seasons for that.

Girl clothes rock!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Although I live in the south and it can get very hot here at times, I still hate to see summer come to an end. I live in shorts all summer and hate the thought of having to go to long pants. It will still be a month or so but that is too soon for me.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

I HATE the summer and if it never came I'd be like a pig in $h!t. I can't wait until the cold weather comes. It never stays cold long enough and hot too long IMHO.
    Joni

Former Member
    The only thing good about Summer ending is football......and getting to dress a little more.

Well, I really enjoy summer, the sun, warmth, a good tan and wearing skirts with out nylons. Here in the San Francisco Bay area, it can reach 100 degrees during the day, but normally at night it will get down into the 50's or 60's. Perfect for going out on the town with, of course, a light sweater of jacket.

Cissy, you are too much a proper lady, putting away your summer clothes before Labor Day. September is coming and some say that it is the warmest month of the year here in the Bay area. My summer clothes will not go into hiding until much later in the Fall.

I have never really loved summer or winter, too hot and too cold. Give me a double dose of spring and fall and I am one happy lady. As I have said before, I tend to overdress for summer and I cannot venture out in the heat without my makeup running down my face. I also have to wash, condition and style my hair twice as often in the summer.

And in winter I have to wear a coat to keep warm and I can't show off my outfits. Nope, give me spring and fall and this lady is happy.

Nicole

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I must admit that I too do love the months of the year where I can wear brightly colored sundresses and show more skin, but the downside here in the Sacramento valley is that it's too HOT. This weekend is yet another triple digit temperature.

I prefer spring and late summer when it's a more manageable 70-80 degs. I can still wear cute and more colorful clothes, but I can be outside instead of stuck in an air conditioned building.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Cissy, you are too much a proper lady, putting away your summer clothes before Labor Day. September is coming and some say that it is the warmest month of the year here in the Bay area. My summer clothes will not go into hiding until much later in the Fall.
    You're right Allie, not wearing white after Labor Day is a stupid hangup, I put my summer things away because I'm off on an extended trip and I won't be Cissy till September, I miss her already!

Coke on west to S. Calif. Our summer is just about to start.

Gold Member
    Summers have been unusually cool here in Chicago. usually by this time we've already had weeks of 90+ temps, but this year we've had only a handful of days. It's been nice, BUT, what does that bode for the winter????

Gold Member
    I have been enjoying the weather this summer. Warm but not overly hot. Able to get out and do my walking/running.
    The nice thing about summer's end is yes, the brats are back in school. Peace and quiet come to visit during those hours

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    Summers have been unusually cool here in Chicago. usually by this time we've already had weeks of 90+ temps, but this year we've had only a handful of days. It's been nice, BUT, what does that bode for the winter????
    nice, freezing days.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I feel the same way April, however we may still get 2 1/2 months of good weather here.

I love Autumn. I can dress in layers again.
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"