Thread: Here goes!

Here goes!

Beginning tonight I have until Monday morning to spend as Molly. I only go out occasionally and have had few opportunities the past 2yrs since I started a new job. But, I am off and all alone for the next 4 days and plan to spend it all as Molly. I have decided that since my out times have been so seldom I want to really indulge myself while I can.
    I have always wanted to have a pedicure and nail extensions, but it was just not possible. But with four days to spend as Molly I have decided to "girl up" and get it done. I met a nice TG on another forum who is in my area and she recommended a place in a nearby town. So, I got brave and called. I now have an appt. to be her first customer of the day tomorrow. She said she doesn't have another till noon, so maybe I will feel comfortable while I am there. I admit that I am a little apprehensive.
    Then to top that off, I thought, well I have been trying to get the courage to talk to the girls at the MAC counter at Macy's and get foundation and makeup suggestions.
    So, I called and talked to a SA and she assured me that coming in for a makeover would be great. She assured me there would be no problems and they would be happy to help me, so, I have an appointment after lunch for a makeover.
    All I need to do now is decide how to dress for the nail salon and I feel like it is a must that I dress for the makeover. Plus I will have about 3hrs between and will have to occupy my time!
    Wow, I am nervous, but also excited. How do you girls think I should dress for the nail salon? fully femme, makeup, wig, forms and all?
    Tell me what you think and I will be sure to post and tell you about my adventure!
    Molly

Lipstick Lez at heart! celtic.blue.eyes's Avatar
    If yo dress in a reasonably conservative way for a woman in your age group, and you have learned at least some of the mannerisms of a GG, you may want to seriously consider it. However, if you go with the look of a seedy guy in a dress, no way. We don't have a lot of information to go on, so solid advice is rather difficult. Good luck, and have a great time. It sounds like fun!
    God's finest work of art is that of a beautiful woman.

Silver Member

Just go for it already!

I have been going to nail salons for the last six months (although not as frequently as I would want) and I just go in en drab. Like a lot of other types of business, they want your money and aren't too concerned about who is paying. The last time I went, there were a few ladies pausing to look at the burgundy toenail polish the big guy was having painted on, but no comments, either pro or con. This place even had a male manicurist working there.

Just go in there with a good idea of what you want and tip well when you are finished. I tip 20% and the manicurists eyes usually light up.

Go to the nail salon as a girl go for it girl. And we'll .need pics Molly.
    Angie

yes, i say dress in casual cd/androgynous or unisex type clothes. nothing too over the top, but don't wear typical dude clothes either.

I would go dressed as a woman, just wear clothes that is not too fancy, a denim skirt or womens slacks will work just fine.

Dress fully femme (would be a shame to miss the opportunity) in clothes you are comfortable in but don't go over the top. Thre houts to kill between appoitments? Thats easy, go shopping girl. You must need another dress!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Yes, go dressed. If you don't you will regret it forever.

ok, I got a pedicure and a manicure with french tips on toes and hands. I did go and present in full female attire. The ladies at the salon were great and were asking me about myself. About 45 minutes into the session another lady came in to get a pedicure. She looked a little puzzled but never said anything. She didn't pay much attention to me but I did catch her sneaking a peek once in a while. I even went to wal mart on the way and bought a camera. I will post pictures later.
    I might have to postpone my makeover. I found out this morning two of the guys in my office are going to be at the mall I was going to. Perhaps I can get in later this afternoon.
    More to come!
    Molly

Been There..

I've been to the salon for pedicure en femme. It's a very nice experience. I do it as often as money allows. They will treat you just as nice as any other customer. I do have a couple suggestions.

1) If you wear a skirt, it's OK, but most nail techs will cover you with a towel so they aren't looking up your skirt.

2) TIP, TIP, TIP. They will always remember you based on how you tip.

Good luck.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I agree with everyone go dressed that will help on your make over and good luck with your first visit at the nail salon let us know how it all turns out hugs

Just a girl in the world
    Congrats on your salon visit Molly. I get my nails done like clockwork every two weeks. I always go in full girl mode and have never had a problem.

Have fun, Molly. Sounds like you are going to have a great few days.