I recently moved to part of town that rich in trendy/hipster types, where cycling is big part of the scene. for those unfamiliar, it's basically alot of androgynous looking people, guys who wear girl pants & have androgynous emo haircuts, and the area is smack dab in the middle of a "gayborhood" so naturally i fit right in. i started riding my bike around in unisex mode/androgynous mode (i.e. girl pants/shorts, sandals/flipflops, hair down, girly shirt) not full drag, but enough to push the gender envelope. after years of driving around aimlessly or going for sketchy "night walks" i have to say that this is best thing ever. for one thing, its great excercise, you're not stuck in a vulnerable position because you have the ability to avoid the usual creepiness when walking or driving and you have the thrill of being out and about without the headache of being stuck in awkward situations. there are so many bike routes, back streets, places to go. i just bring a backpack for any quick changeover, lay off the heavy make-up (you will sweat), and stay way from scummy areas.

anyone else into this?