Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pierced Ears

Pierced Ears

I was wondering how many of you girls have your ears pierced. And if so did you have them professionally done? I have pierced my ears about three different times myself. Each time I let them grow back closed because I am still in the closet to everyone. I just pierced them again today but this time I think I am going to make sure they stay. This could be hard because of my job.

Yes i have mine pierced, 3 studs in each ear and like you done them all myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Just a girl in the world
    I've tried once so far but one got infected (Claires not the cleanest place apparently) so I had to take the earrings out and let them close up. I figure once it's been a year I'll try again at a cleaner place. I've been dying for years to wear hoop earrings.

Mine were originaly pierced in 1970, and the second set of holes in 1990. It's very rare when I wear two pair of earrings.

There's at least two categories of "professional" ear piercing (the conventional piercing in the lower lobe and the edge of the ears). Piercing salons use hollow needles resembling those used for hypodermic syringes then simultaneously extract the piercing needle as they insert the jewelry. Jewelry retailers use post earrings with sharp points that are distributed sterile in sterile adapters for a plier like piercing tool. Operating the tool presses against the ornamental portion of the post, forcing the point through the earlobe. Some think the tapered point is more tramautic to the ear lobe than the angled hollow tip of the needles used by the piercing salons. I don't see where any reusable component of the tool is getting close enough to be a contamination risk. I think there might be more issues concerning the markers used to get customer approval of the piercing locations and the sterility of the operator's gloves.

I got both ears pierced at a jewelry retailer about nine years ago. For most of that time I was switching to small hoops or posts with small decorations (faux pearls, little chrome squares or balls etc) when I left the house. Very early one person remarked that they noticed, without any criticism or inquiry about my motives. I've recently started going out wearing 3/4 inch long drop earrings without anyone making remarks within earshot.

work rules blaaa

ok I have both ears with double earrings in them wear posts while at work and loop or dangly earrings while at home work dress codes saids no hanging ear rings
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Did mine 3 yrs ago told everyone that I did it on a bet that if I kept them in for a month that I would get $50 and that I got $50 to do it. And I haven't regretted it. I have some many to choose from.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Aspiring Member
    Have you considered the professional piercing job (at a professional piercing/tattoo parlor) that would use the hallowed needles that Britney mentioned?

They will pierce you for numerically lower (therefore larger) jewelry, usually 16-18 guage that might have some benefits for you:

First, after they heal the larger gauge will keep the hole open for much longer after the jewelry is removed, and second you should be able to find body jewelry in these 16-18 gauge sizes that look more masculine, and you could wear daily.

I think this subject should be a sticky.....
    Right under the mega panty and bathroom threads,

Anyway...................
    Like others have said or will say.
    No one really notices, and if they do , they really don't care.

I have 3 in each ear [2 lower, 1 mid ear].
    3 by pro [gun], 3 by myself [needle].

I wear one set up to all 3 sets everyday.

None of them ever got infected and I never used the cleaning solution given to me, Just turn them and wash with water.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Banned Spammer

Earrings Are Fun

I had my ears pierced at the mall about six years ago. Wearing earrings is a huge pleasure for me. I highly recommend it to everyone. I wish I had done it sooner.

I have three in my left ear and two in my right. Next time go to Walmart. Ten dollars will give two piercings and a set of earings (studs). Almost everyone has thier ears pierced now. One of my sons has 13 piercings (ears and body). He hates my cd'ing

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Mine were done almost exactly one year ago at Clarie's. I have had no problem at all with them in that time. Hard to believe I was ever nervous about getting 'em done.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

I would love to get my ears done but my wife wont let me. She feels that since I work as a professional in my job it wouldnt look right. I think she really doesnt want me to for her own reasons as well but she wont say it

I have a single piercing in each earlobe, and I'm glad I did it. I love earrings, especially dangly and dramatic. I took a little razzing from friends when I first did it (they don't know about my CD'ing), but it's pretty much a non-issue now.

Yes my ears are pierced and have had very little flack about it. It;s just so common now days. Just don't wear big girly earring out and about. And I had mine done by a pro. When I'm out I just wear some wires works for me.
    Angie

No one cares if yours ears are pierced anymore.

Remember when a guy only got one ear pierced? Now days people look at you weird if you only had one pierced!

4 piercings in my ears, did most of them myself with piercing studs and those little plastic do-it-yourself piercers.

Got mine pierced three months ago at a tattoo parlor. Not sure what your job requirements are but I work as a pharmacist and after the initial shock in the department, nobody looks at me twice now. I switch back and forth between hoops and studs.
    A couple of days ago I was off. I left the house and didnt put any earrings on. I felt naked the whole time. As soon as I got home, I quickly put my studs in before going back out the door.
    You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world.

Kim

Yes I have mine pierced... Guess most TS's view it as an essential part of the new uniform... I kind of just couldn't wear clip-ons, was like pinching your ears, and grew increasingly frustrated that the best earrings were always either only in post or hook form.

I got them done when I was a 24/7 CD... ooo a few years back now in a piercing parlour. Had them done with hollow needles on the advice of a friend who is into piercings. I was absolutely fine until the girl mentioned the right one was bleeding heavily and I caught sight of the sodden swab... *click*... I was gone... spark out on the deck.

When I did come round it was to the rather surreal sight of a grizzled man patting my hand with a mauled hand of his own that had only two fingers left upon it muttering in a voice akin to a pirate 'There, there me darlin'... ye be all right' and the girl behind him muttering 'You do know that's a geezer don't cha?'.

Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post

When I did come round it was to the rather surreal sight of a grizzled man patting my hand with a mauled hand of his own that had only two fingers left upon it muttering in a voice akin to a pirate 'There, there me darlin'... ye be all right' and the girl behind him muttering 'You do know that's a geezer don't cha?'.

I guess that you don`t like the sight of your blood, but you did not say whether he stopped patting your back after what the girl said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I just let people know I was a crossdresser, then I wouldn't be embarrassed to leave mine in all the time.
    Kinda helps that I'm between jobs at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    Yes my ears are pierced and have had very little flack about it. It;s just so common now days. Just don't wear big girly earring out and about. And I had mine done by a pro. When I'm out I just wear some wires works for me.
    Angie

I had mine done at walmart and my now exfiance hated it because of my dressing and took very little razzing at work for it. I wear studs when at work but buy quality studs as walmart got mine infected.

I had my ears pierced when I was 9, in 1966, by a family friend with a sewing needle ... so unsanitary by today's standards, but that was probably the way most girls did it back then. I never had any problems at all with them healing, though.

I'm now up to 17 in each ear. Most were done in a professional piercing shop with a hollow needle. I have one on each side that tend to be a bit "cranky" (seeping and crusty, and sore when I sleep on them) from time to time, but in general they have all done well.

- Diane

I had two sets in each ear and all done in the local jewellers. Quick, clean and healed up in a few days. Cost about 7 euros a pair. I think it's the best Cd thing I ever did. I always wear at least on set of studs and most times two. In male mode one st is usually just small ball stud and the other is a small diamond effect stud. I never feel embarrased even if people look at me (no one ever really does anyway). It's so common now to see even the most hardened males with earrings.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

I'm surprised you can't wear earrings at work. It"s pretty much generally accepted now for a man to wear something small like diamond studs or tiny hoops.

I pierced my own ears with a needle when I was a teenager. The plan was to have two in each ear, so I started with the left ear. Then I made one hole in the right ear. On the second hole I must have hit a vein -- a stream of blood shot out. Yuk! It freaked me out so much that I stopped and it took 25 years for me to finish the job. Just recently the jewelry lady at WalMart talked me into getting that last hole done. (I really wanted it done, but I was a chicken.) She used the gun with a pointy stud in it. Then she told me the important part:
    Don't take the earring out for six weeks, and put rubbing alcohol on the area every day to minimize the risk of infection. Seems fine now and never got infected.