Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Fog is it real or just an excuse?

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar

Pink Fog is it real or just an excuse?

I have read thread after thread after thread about the Pink Fog in one way or another. It seems to me that the PF has just become an excuse to justify irresponsible behavior. Spending family resources on crossdressing. Or shoving our crossdressing in our loved ones faces. It seems to me if some of us would show some restraint things might be a lot better.

Just some food for thought
    Living the life I choose!

?

My idea of pink fog must be different then yours.
    to me it means being enveloped into the feminime aura within my own being without intruding on anyone else's space.

Katie

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    I definitely get pink fog.

From what I've heard other's state, and my own experience. It is an overwhelming feeling of femininity, accompanied by the need to express that femininity.

When ping fog sets in on me... nothing else matters... feminine feelings, cravings, desires and needs constantly run through my mind and body. In my youth it would run a few days. A year ago it would last weeks. Now it won't shut off (its been going on for months). The only thing which could sedate the fog was to dress, shave, makeup, talk, shop, etc. Girl out in every shape and way. As my life has progressed its taken more and more to blow the fog away. I think it goes differently for everyone, depending on how strong and deep their feminine persona is (or is buried)
    Last edited by Midnight Skye; 08-28-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Blip ;)
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Your advice is well taken. However, being, unfortunately, single, the "Fog" for me is just being in the mood a lot of the time, and yes, buying some things that are not really needed. It is not about wanting to be a woman, but rather, to dress like one and dress well while enjoying being out and about interacting with everyone, just as if I did not dress. Long live the "Fog"!
    Last edited by AllieSF; 08-28-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Pink Fog? Sheesh. I am behind in my terminology.

Well, from what I gather, it's definition varies. I'm guessing it's like any other "fog" in that it obscures your "vision" or objectivity and since pink is for girls, I'm guessing the more elaborate definition would be "Feminine mental myopia."

I would tend to see that as more of an excuse to do something irresponsible.

Person A- "Why did you just kick my lamp out the window?"

Person B- "I just got the Breaking Fog all of a sudden. I was completely consumed in my breaking-stuff aspect and I just had to express my urge to callously break other peoples things. You know what that's like, right?"

That's an exaggeration, but you get the idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    [SIZE=4]Okay, I confess.. maybe it was here that the phrase "pink fog" was used in the same sentence as when shopping.. so I used it in the same reference.. I did not even think to use it in reference to my desires to dress or how I feel dressed.. but it sure is a fog that I'm lost in when dressed.. or a rather an aura (sp). [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Foolish spending???? yes guilty at times ..only because I forget to ask how much something is.. and then caught in paying for it.. other times, well its something that catches my eyes.. but most times, I shop for things on sale..rock bottom price.. or i just decide not to buy it now.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Guess i need to re-evaluate my use of the term.. pink fog.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs, [/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Means different things to different people. To quote my wife "I will see an item and I just have to have it". She is referring to my buying habits.

To me the pink fog is having to be feminine. Some times just wearing panties or bra will do. Some times it is more then that.

For me the PF is real. After I found this site and with it, cleared up most, if not all of my mis-conceptions about why I am like I am, I gained a freedom to allow me to accept who I am and to a great extant live accordingly.
    No, I didn't shove it in anyone's face, I am just me and yes I shop but without busting the budget 'cause after all the outside should reflect the inside. Beside, I feel more comfortable dressing correctly. Even while I am Him at work I allow the real me to show through with my nails long and polished, long hair, earrings, woman's boots ect.
    It took quite some time for the initial euphoria to wear down I admit and find that balancebetween needing to express my true self and how others have known and perceived me for 50+ years.
    I agree that being in the PF is no excuse to force ANYTHING on ANYBODY.
    Love and XXXX, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by KatlynAshe View Post
    I definitely get pink fog.

From what I've heard other's state, and my own experience. It is an overwhelming feeling of femininity, accompanied by the need to express that femininity.

When ping fog sets in on me... nothing else matters... feminine feelings, cravings, desires and needs constantly run through my mind and body. In my youth it would run a few days. A year ago it would last weeks. Now it won't shut off (its been going on for months). The only thing which could sedate the fog was to dress, shave, makeup, talk, shop, etc. Girl out in every shape and way. As my life has progressed its taken more and more to blow the fog away. I think it goes differently for everyone, depending on how strong and deep their feminine persona is (or is buried)
    Thanks , this sums it up for me.

As to the op, You speak about responsibility. I think that is a given, pink fog or not we need to be responsible. I do not believe that I am being irresponsible because I dress, I still take care of all the things I take care of when not dressed.

The Pink Fog is just an excuse some of use to justify our excess's on occasion, unfortunately our SOs seem to see straight through it [unless they manage to get into it with us ]

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Why would anybody want to be enveloped in a fog the same colour as a Baboon's genitals? Give me good old grey fog any day
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Daphne-

So nice to see that you're still around.<big hug>

My take on it is that people behave irresponsibly for all sorts of reasons and then seek some sort of justification for it when it impacts their family or friends or whom ever in a bad way. Calling it a "pink fog" or an addiction, or a need, or an expression of our true self, is an attempt to evade responsibility for their own conscious choice and behavior. Unless you're truly clinical, there are not any "compulsions", no matter how strong they are, that can't be resisted.

Right now I have a strong compulsion to go out and buy a new Coach bag and I certainly have the money in the bank to do it. I also know that if I did my wife would punch me hard in the head (figure of speech). So I won't. I can just imagine how well it would go over if I said, "I only did it because I have to express my feminine feelings."

With all that said, we are often slaves to our feelings and desires. Look at how many people cheat on their spouses, or spend their paycheck at the bar or on lottery tickets and find ways to justify it to themselves. We are rationalizing animals, not rational animals.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I have always considered the Pink Fog more of a state of mind than anything else. To me, it is the time when I want to dress and be seen as Nicole, which is pretty much all of the time. So I guess you could say that I am always in the fog. But to me, being in the fog doesn't change who I basically am, it only changes the way I feel, the way I look and the way I want to be seen.

I have worked very hard to perfect and improve upon Nicole's appearance and I believe the fog has in some way provided me with the desire to be more then I was yesterday.

Nicole

Long live "[SIZE="4"]THE FOG[/SIZE]". Guilty as charged.

I've overspent a time or two. I've shoved my dressing in my DSWs face a few times (not a good idea)

I find that I buy clothes simply because I CAN. No other reason. Is that "the fog"?

Thankfully there is a "FOG" helped me many times when first starting out and making different purchases. I'd get a feeling of "invisibility" which helped me get over being nervous.

Who was that character from the old radio shows who had "The Power To Cloud Mens Minds" ? It was sorta like that. My being in "The Fog" made me feel like nobody else was around and I could do as I wished.

Have I used that same "FOG" to rationalize some spending? Yes. Do I regret it? Yeah kinda. Am I trying to be more responsible with my spending? Yeah. Do I always succeed? Not always.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

It's state of euphoria. Like a kid set loose in candy shop.
    DonnaT

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Phyliss-

It was The Shadow. Way before my time, of course.<G>

Hugs...Joni Mari

[QUOTE=Phyliss;1850135]Long live "[SIZE="4"]THE FOG[/SIZE]". .

Who was that character from the old radio shows who had "The Power To Cloud Mens Minds" ? It was sorta like that. My being in "The Fog" made me feel like nobody else was around and I could do as I wished.

[QUOTE]
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

For me (JoAnne), it's "REAL" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been in for two years and I don't ever want to find my way out. It is REAL ! It is not an excuse.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Fog Schmog

I don't need a fog to justify my dressing nor do I consider it irresponsible. For me dressing is a personal and private choice and I shove it in no ones face. The resources I squander are also my personal choice and though I don't spend much if I chose to I would and again a personal choice shoved in no ones face. I think most of us that dress are careful with our money. We may wish for the moon but settle for a lot less. And how do you know how much restraint any of us show? It is probably a lot more than you give us credit for.

Vieja

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

It's real, maybe.

It would be interesting to see some real academic research into the issue, but I'm guessing they would class it with other similar obsessive-compulsive behaviors.
    The problem I have with this particular oc behavior is this. I truely love getting out in the wilderness for several days on a backpack trip. But if I have been without that opportunity for an extended period, I don't get a "green fog" that results in a camping tunnel vision. There are other activities and behaviors that are very meaningful to me, right up to providing some of my core self definition that don't produce a reaction similar to a "pink fog". Also, I can't think of anything else in my life that results in an obsessive-compulsive response other than crossdressing. For me, it's real. Is it a strange behavior that I have developed as an excuse to meet this need? Maybe, maybe not.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    It's state of euphoria. Like a kid set loose in candy shop.
    +1. When we finally find someone who accepts our crossdressing, it's such a relief that we feel we can finally express all the female things about us that we have kept pent up for so long, and it all comes out like a flood. It's similar with other emotions. Whenever you keep something suppressed for a long time, when you finally get to express it, the feelings overwhelm everything else for a while.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El.Vieja View Post
    I don't need a fog to justify my dressing nor do I consider it irresponsible. For me dressing is a personal and private choice and I shove it in no ones face. The resources I squander are also my personal choice and though I don't spend much if I chose to I would and again a personal choice shoved in no ones face. I think most of us that dress are careful with our money. We may wish for the moon but settle for a lot less. And how do you know how much restraint any of us show? It is probably a lot more than you give us credit for.

Vieja
    I know because I read the posts written by the self centered selfish twits who wine, moan and complain, about how their wives just don't understand that they cant help themselves.

You know what I am talking about if you have spent any amount of time at all on this form. If it wasn't so sad it would be downright laughable.

You all go on and on about how this is a hobby, its not a sexual thing, I am not gay, its just about the clothes. Every other word is some description trying to convince anyone who will listen that this is just some static activity that has absolutely no influence on either your own personal being, or anyone else around them.

So If all of these things are true if crossdressing is as simple a thing as model ship building . Then it should stand to reason that anyone who would indulge to excess forsaking family happiness and well being. Is selfish, and undisciplined.

This nonsense about "I am in a Pink Fog" she really doesn't want to deal with me in a dress but I am in a pink fog" I shouldn't by this I cant afford it but "pink fog"

What errant nonsense
    If you want to be treated like women grow up and act like them!
    Last edited by DaphneGrey; 08-29-2009 at 03:33 PM.
    Living the life I choose!

All these posts!......
    I thought "pink fog" was merely a phase....like tonight, for instance, I feel like eating sushi, so I guess that puts me in a "sushi fog'

Jersey Girl's don't pump gas.
    In Jersey, no one pumps gas....look on the bright side NJ pays 30-40 cents less per gallon than NY, and it's all full-serve.

pink fog nrver heard of it. I have been a cd since was 12/13. Ok I guess I am in a pink fog from chilhood then. My wife was my best friend before we got married and still is. I was wearing female cloths then and now. I am full time agian I have been in the closet at work and my neighborhood. Well no more closet I'm out. I have3 never liked men clothing and still don't. I love dresses my fav. I love the feeling of the way I should feel. Have I spent some funds at bad times yes have I forced myself on famaly and friends yes this is my lfe not anyone elses! People have the wright to like or not like what ever they want. As long as it don't get violent or predgudism I'm fine with my actions. My job should not care as long as I do my job. If this is pink fog well so be it. I love me not as a man but as a female.

Red face I hope this makes sense too someone besides myself

[SIZE=4]PINK FOG? Real or not? Well when I first joined here was when I first heard of it. Back then I thought of it as a mythical sort of thing, something that really did not exist. Now that I have been around a while and have progressed in my CD'ing habits. I have seen the fog first hand and one really has to be careful when i the fog. If not, it can become all consuming. Have I spent too much at times? Yes. Have I shoved it down others throats? I hope not. I try never to push my own beliefs or views on anyone. If my being out, and dressing in front of others is being in their faces with it. Then it is their problem and not mine. I have the right as a human too be happy, with this right I can dress when and where I want. My wife and most everyone I know is supportive of my duality. So if someone is offended by my dressing than this person needs to check themselves, for I have done nothing to them. I have only expressed my self. As humans we have the basic right to express ourselves freely as long as it does no harm to anyone else. So IMHO the fog is real, and something I try not to let take over me. I think the fog (as most everything in life) can be a good thing in moderation. It has driven me to explore my femme side more often and with more enthusiasm. Especially since coming out. [/SIZE]
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

[SIZE="2"]I agree with you Bethany. The[/SIZE] "PF" [SIZE="2"]is real. I can control myself pretty well I think. I do not over spend or loose control about dressing time, but it can be all I think about at times in the[/SIZE] "PF".
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue