Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pink Fog is it real or just an excuse?

Your right, and I have been caught in it for several days. Might find my way out by Monday morning.
    Molly

Oh it's real alright. How you handle it is another story. It can be all fun if you stay in control, or it can take over all by itself.Like a drug.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Quote Originally Posted by DaphneGrey View Post
    I know because I read the posts written by the self centered selfish twits who wine, moan and complain, about how their wives just don't understand that they cant help themselves.

You know what I am talking about if you have spent any amount of time at all on this form. If it wasn't so sad it would be downright laughable.

You all go on and on about how this is a hobby, its not a sexual thing, I am not gay, its just about the clothes. Every other word is some description trying to convince anyone who will listen that this is just some static activity that has absolutely no influence on either your own personal being, or anyone else around them.

So If all of these things are true if crossdressing is as simple a thing as model ship building . Then it should stand to reason that anyone who would indulge to excess forsaking family happiness and well being. Is selfish, and undisciplined.

This nonsense about "I am in a Pink Fog" she really doesn't want to deal with me in a dress but I am in a pink fog" I shouldn't by this I cant afford it but "pink fog"

What errant nonsense
    If you want to be treated like women grow up and act like them!
    Oh, wow. It was nice knowing you before you get tarred and feathered and run out of here on a rail, but for what it's worth you get a standing ovation from me. Certainly MissConstrued and possibly one or two others are behind you all the way.

That was FANTASTIC. It's getting so when I see the phrase "pink fog" as a self-description I just roll my eyes and lose all faith in the poster's credibility or common sense.

Oops, they'd better save some of that tar for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post

Oops, they'd better save some of that tar for me.
    They'll have to tar me too because I absolutely agree with you both. I really hate too when I see people regularly talk using their female name as if talking about someone else in the third person. As if something I do while "Alyssa" isn't something I need to be held responsible for as Ryan. That's ludicrous.

the "Breaking fog" joke that was made was funny, and yes it was a far fetched example, but let's take it from a much more realistic example:

Imagine someone describing a fog coming over them that made them want to drink. They shun their responsibilities and spend too much money on alcohol. Their relationships are damaged because they're drinking too much. It's gotten to a point where there's really no situation where their drinking isn't an issue in some way. Their wife just doesn't understand it, they just like to enjoy a drink now and then, come on it's ok!"

Sound familiar to anyone? That fog is called addiction. Crossdressing is perfectly fine and a healthy activity when we are the ones in control, but just like anything else, it can become excessive and can become a detriment to our lives if we let it control us.

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    I could care less about being tarred and feathered, This is a public form and I am stating my opinion. The truth is I don't come here for validation. So tar and feather away!
    Living the life I choose!

I agree that it is an excuse...It is used too much as a crutch for thier actions. I use the term when Steph gets totally self centered and can only see herself and think of herself....its kinda of a nicer way to explain then using other terms..if you know what I am getting at

also fog used as a noun means the following: a state of mental confusion or unawareness; daze; stupor:

When you are shopping or something..pink fog has nothing to do with it...
    [SIZE="3"]Do not wait; the time will never be ''just right.'' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.

It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.

They condemn what they do not understand.

[/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Pink Fog ... to me is about being "lost in the fog" and this fog is "pink" because it's got a feminine accent to it.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is when a person has repressed their feminine expression for so long, and then they finally get to embrace it, it's like a sling shot and a "green light" (as it were) to be allowed to dress and express themselves. The trouble is they get so carried away with it all that they loose sight of reality or the life they have around them (family etc) and they get "lost in the fog" and can't find their way to what was previously "rational thinking" as far as others are concerned. They seemingly spend too much time, money, and energy on their CDing but to the detriment of the rest of their life. It's especially difficult if it negatively impacts your SO or your family.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    sorri for cracking up here.....Racheal oi just lerve how you explain Your "pink fog"

Kolokea : I agree that it is an excuse...It is used too much as a crutch for thier actions. I use the term when Steph gets totally self centered and can only see herself and think of herself....its kinda of a nicer way to explain then using other terms..if you know what I am getting at

also fog used as a noun means the following: a state of mental confusion or unawareness; daze; stupor:
    Pink fog to me is all hogwash, my ever loving CD'er agrees,
    since being in this forum and reading about pink fog, it can be very real to those CD'ers that say they suffer this, all it is that I see and have read...... all rashionality and reasonability, and sensibility ...goes out the window, also Kolokea says that I have quoted above.

When some of the CD'ers I read about in here,and please note guyz n gals "SOME" not all, I see that some are happy with their femme/guy selves, they dont have those moments...laffing...

Geeze oi wish & im sure some of the other GG's would agree that they the CD'ers/TG's etc....would have what "SOME" of us women, (now I have never suffered this) suffer like ... PMS... labled another way could be ( Putting up with mens *hit) or the other Hormonal changes for later life changes, that we go through of power surging,...which i know some women go through is very hard, and badly.

(in some cases men/partners/Cd'ers what ever need to wear hard hats...laffing....)

I have read thread after thread after thread about the Pink Fog in one way or another. It seems to me that the PF has just become an excuse to justify irresponsible behavior. Spending family resources on crossdressing. Or shoving our crossdressing in our loved ones faces. It seems to me if some of us would show some restraint things might be a lot better.

Just some food for thought
    good on you daphne I commend you for the start of this post now you come under the "SOME" that are happy who you are and have no PF issues....lol

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    The Pink Fog is just an excuse some of use to justify our excess's on occasion, unfortunately our SOs seem to see straight through it [unless they manage to get into it with us ]

cracking up here debs... yeh we know about sheila hahahaha getting into it with ya just lerve her pink tops etc....
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-02-2009 at 09:11 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts use the edit or multiquote function

I actually heard it on the weather report one morning:

"Today, we will have PINK FOG, which will be intermittent for the next several decades. Please keep your headlights on while driving."

For me, it's more about the desire to dress. That's it. Call it whatever. Sometimes I have it, sometimes not. Sometimes I WISH I had it more than I do. Probably, that's guilt about having a closet full of stuff I have no desire to wear at the moment. I guess that's some sort on inverse pink fogishness or something.

God, we're all weird, aren't we LOL.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I know because I read the posts written by the self centered selfish twits who wine, moan and complain, about how their wives just don't understand that they cant help themselves.

You know what I am talking about if you have spent any amount of time at all on this form. If it wasn't so sad it would be downright laughable.

You all go on and on about how this is a hobby, its not a sexual thing, I am not gay, its just about the clothes. Every other word is some description trying to convince anyone who will listen that this is just some static activity that has absolutely no influence on either your own personal being, or anyone else around them.

So If all of these things are true if crossdressing is as simple a thing as model ship building . Then it should stand to reason that anyone who would indulge to excess forsaking family happiness and well being. Is selfish, and undisciplined.

This nonsense about "I am in a Pink Fog" she really doesn't want to deal with me in a dress but I am in a pink fog" I shouldn't by this I cant afford it but "pink fog"

What errant nonsense
    If you want to be treated like women grow up and act like them!
    I don't think it is the people that refer their own crossdressing as a hobby that tend to use the Pink Fog excuse. I am one of the "my crossdressing is a hobby" crowd that sees my actions as a choice and would not use the Pink Fog excuse for the choice.

Smile Cutting through the "Pink Fog"

I liken this CD feeling to a character actor that plays a role long enough that he starts to believe the character is themselves.Like a CSI tv actor chasing police sirens in real life,thinking they need to be there. And,as far as restraints on buying or doing things,again,it is the force of the role playing and that varies with people.We all want to be pretty girls in the "life play" and the expensive purse is just a stage prop. Great fun as long as no one gets hurt! Enjoy your girl time,life is too short.

Platinum Member

The Forces

Don't mess with the forces of the universe!!!
    .................................................. ..................thanks.....ORCHID

The Pink Fog is Real

I too have experienced it and it has created a lot of suffering within me. Suffering because for the most part, I have traditionally resisted it. I finally reached a point where it simply hurt too much and I gave in and accepted who I am. From that point on, the fog has been clearing and I am returning to a nice, comfortable balance point.

Thus, I think the pink fog has a purpose, it's trans-formative. It's ultimate purpose is for you to accept who you are with respect to feelings of gender. Once you do, it no longer blinds you.
    -Meri

Central Ohio

I agree with Meri. I think it's just a friction between what you want in life and how you're living it. If you're getting pink fog to the point that the OP describes, something fundamental in your life is wrong and needs to change. If you have a longterm intractable cocaine addiction, something is fundamentally wrong in your life and needs to change. It can be difficult to make these changes because we're talking about changing ones entire lifestyle and outside persona. A lot of people just won't know where to begin. I understand the feeling, I used to get it. I hated myself and was miserable. When I finally figured out who I was and accepted it, it pretty much went away. My reasons for how I dress are different now. I'm not saying everybody has to transition, but when you take your female side out of the box and play with her for a few days, and then put her back into the box, it's not a reflection of what's going on in your mind. Just fold her into your everyday life and it will be easier.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    What was the TG attempted suicide rate again? oh yes? 37-43% in Australia compared to the cis/straight norm of 8%.. and studies have it up to 54% elsewhere.

We are dealing with a community under a very real very pervasive degree of severe psychological stress with very real mental illness results that are far worse than the same phenomena well observed amongst gays and lesbians and bisexuals and for the same reasons.

Pink Fog is a consequence of severe repression of an intrinsic trait.

Its the difference between those who kill themselves, those who kill others of us and those who keep going.

Its the result of bottling things up then releasing the pressure. Without a safety valve you get an explosion... you get suicide or transphobic hate-crime.

Stop putting things under pressure and there's no bursts of steam, no explosion.

You dont get stats like 4+ times higher attempted suicide rate in a community from an excuse!

Intolerance and unacceptance and lack of self-acceptance about transgender kills.

For me the "pink fog" describes the times that a preoccupation with crossdressing/gender identity issues clouds one's judgment of how others will react. In hindsight, the sufferer can clearly see where he screwed up - but at the time it seemed like the logical thing to do. That's not an excuse, it's the truth.

The one time I experienced the pink fog, I came out to the family members I was living with (and heavily subsidizing) with the expectation that they'd be accepting. Oops - time to find another place to live. In hindsight it was obviously stupid, but at the time it seemed like a good idea...

Good Discussion

This is a good discussion and I believe it gets to the root of what is really happening behind the scenes. Many say CDing is "just fun" and it's a lark. If they truly believe that, then I am happy they are spared some of the suffering. For me, it's been self-discovery and the pink fog has been part of this experience and very real.

I have often wondered if we are all called to CDing for the same purpose -- self discovery. I also wonder aloud if anyone really believes it's just for fun and that's all this is about. Do you?
    -Meri

Central Ohio

My definition

"+1. When we finally find someone who accepts our crossdressing, it's such a relief that we feel we can finally express all the female things about us that we have kept pent up for so long, and it all comes out like a flood. It's similar with other emotions. Whenever you keep something suppressed for a long time, when you finally get to express it, the feelings overwhelm everything else for a while. "

In my opinion, this is the best description of the Pink Fog.

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Thank you all for your responses! this was a good discussion and an important one. There were some great posts and I want to thank everyone for your frank and honest answers. Once again it becomes apparent the great differences we all have along this gender spectrum.
    Living the life I choose!

.... and here I thought that the Pink Fog referred to occasional ditziness and blonde moments..... thanks all!

Claire

It could be a little of both, but as for me, the Pink Fog is real - I have been lost in it for over two years now and I do not want to leave it - it has caused my feminine self to progress to new levels and I'm still moving upward.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Pink Fog...it is merely a label of a condition. Calling something by a label neither affirms or denies it, it is just a label. It is the action itself that earns the label, not the acknowledgement of it.
    Enacting life's lessons into positive change...

To me pink fog describe a condition where you obsess over everything feminine... But an excuse to squander family resources?? I don't get that one at all!! It's no different than having a hobby that doesn't include the rest of the family!! If money is a concern then...... "Put that fishing rod back and don't you dare buy those barbells!!". Lol Irresponsible people do stupid things no matter what clothing they wear! And apearently don't need an excuse to do it either!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If there is a pink fog for me, I made it myself. Sometimes I just dress automaticly, halfway through dressing I start wanting it bad. After I'm dressed I'm liable to do anything including shopping.