Thread: The BIG Halloween thread./POST ALL YOUR Halloween posts here!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The BIG Halloween thread./POST ALL YOUR Halloween posts here!!

It's coming up, what I have even called myself "The Crossdressers High Holy Day"and I know there'll be a freakin ton of posts and threads on it. So I'm taking the initiative to help reduce the number of redundant threads on Halloween related issues.

If you want to post something Halloween related, do it in this thread. Questions, costume ideas, anecdotes of the past Halloween outings, cute costumes you've seen, whatever. Let's see if we can keep it all in one thread.

I actually don't encourage people to do Halloween en femme, though I'm not opposed to it either. I think it's something that needs to be thought about seriously, because "experimentation changes you". It did me. I did an en femme Halloween in 2001, haven't done it since, in part because it feels like I'm being dishonest in a way.

"Ha ha, I'm transgendered/TS who hasn't started transitioning, and you can't say anything because it's Halloween!"

Here's the anecdote from 2001.

Hi everyone, this is the adventure I had today. The day before Halloween I told my best male friend and his wife that I am a CD and guess what: it doesn't matter to them, I'm still their friend, and I'm still their kids "uncle" I did tell them that they might not want to bring the kids over because I might be dressed up, but they said it wouldn't matter to them.

And yes, I did go out. Got off work at 9:00 AM (yes I have kooky hours, sometimes. Headed to Walmart to pick up a few things, headed to K-Mart to pick up some concealer and a foam axe (I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK) Went home, was going to try to balance my checkbook, couldn't find my checkbook. Took a half hour to find it, and write a couple of checks.

Got bathroom ready, hopped in shower used my Victoria's Secret Heavenly body wash. Did the leg/arms/pits/etc.shaving thing (which is an every day thing for me). Toweled off, detangled my hair, used root volumizer, all over volumizer spray, and mousse. Blew it dry, doing the upside down thing to give it more lift.

Did the face shaving, with an electric razor, then went over it again with a Mach 3 (the preferred choice of crossdressers)

I went to my bedroom, moisturized with my Victoria's Secret Luxe creme, put on the various control garments, and hosiery,etc. Put on makeup, including subtle feathery fake lashes.

The outfit I was going to wear, my black and white skirted suit, was out because the jacket had lost a button and I don't know how to sew them back on. (That's on my list of things to learn.) So I went with my second choice, a berry colored cowl neck sweater, black knee lenght skirt and black pointy toed, knee high high heeled boots. Sort of a fall "Mode Girl" look.

Got my purse ready, putting ID, debit card, keys, lip gloss, mirror, brush, cell phone etc into it. Figured out I need a larger purse. Put on One Step press on nails, liked the way they looked but were too much hassle in trying to zip up boots and they were supposed to be a shorter length (they weren't). So I took them off.

I got in the car, and pulled out of the driveway. Discovered that it's difficult to use the pedals in 3.5 inch heels.

Headed to Fashion Bug, got out of the car and wind blew my hair around, fortunately the styling products kept my basic style going. I discovered the difficulty of walking in high heels for longer distances than I'm used to.

Walked into the Bug, holding my head high. Headed straight towards the plus size section. realizing that I need to get me some femme glasses or contacts (I took off my male glasses and put them in my purse). Looked around as best I could in my half blind state. I had looked around a bit a couple of days before so I knew what I was interested in. It took longer to look because I took my time and savored the experience. I also remembered to walk slower and take smaller steps. The sales clerks came around and asked if I needed help, I said, "No thank you." in the softest voice I could do in a minutes notice. There were other shoppers around too.

So I found a couple of sweaters I liked and took them to the counter. The clerk asked if I needed to try them on and I said yes. She led me to the regular dressing rooms. (I've tried on stuff in my normal male clothing there before, but I'm led to a unused bathroom in the back.) So I tried on the sweaters, first putting on my glasses. I only liked one of the sweaters so I put my own sweater back on and as I did I looked in the mirror as I was putting my glasses back in the case. I realized that I had done a pretty good job on my makeup and that I looked nice. I'm not saying I was totally gorgeous or anything, I could see a bit of blue undertone where I had shaved. But I realized that I didn' look half bad. So I took the sweater back out to the clerk and purchased it. I tried to keep my head up and look the clerks in the eyes which is difficult when you can't see.

I left the Bug and my feet were a bit uncomfortable in the boots as it was warmer than usual on this day it hit 70 F. Plus I was getting a bit unsteady in my high heeled boots so I took them off and put a pair of mid heeled pumps on. (I was smart enough to bring them.)

My mother is disabled and works at a sheltered workshop. I am her primary care giver for the most part and I usually pick her up from work. I felt so upbeat that I drove to her workplace. When I got there I started thinking that maybe I shouldn't do it. My sister also works there as a part of the staff. I had warned my Mother that I might show up en femm, and I thought I had warned my sister, but apparently I wasn't clear enough. I made a bad decision and went in.

I'm familiar with the workplace and a familiar sight normally. I needed to use a restroom so I used one of their single occupancy ones. (they have locks on them) I came out of the bathroom and saw my Mother in the entry way. She was a bit surprised, but not angry. We were getting ready to leave when one of the staff saw me.

"Oh my god I can't believe it, look at you." etc. Then the front office staff saw me. Oh my god, it's ...etc. I got lots of questions, "who did your makeup, did you borrow your sisters stuff, Is that a wig, turn around.)

I answered truthfully, but then my sister came up and she was obviously angry (as she later told me), and I had to get store to get groceries, and home to prepare for trick or treaters, so I left.

She later told me she was uncomfortable answering the questions asked of her, and it made her angry. I apolgized to her, I realized I shouldn't have showed up like that, at least without discussing it with her more fully. She did tell me that one of her best friends there didn't recognize me until I was pointed out to her. Her friend said that she was wondering who that woman was at the front counter. One of the front counter ladies said she didn't recognize me and wondered who I was until she heard me talking to the woman in the entryway. One other person said I had better legs than her.

Eventually I made it to the grocery store. I was a bit nervous there, the lighing is good and there's lots of people, but nothing happened. I noticed a few things, like how one woman was walking slowly and gracefully so I tried to walk similarly while I pushed my cart. I remembered how to bend down properly in a skirt while picking up items on the bottom shelf.

I also did the whole "woman searching through a crowded purse for money" thing. And I got maamed as the checker handed me back my discount saver card.

Finally got home, and noticed my hosiery had a run in them, and I just taken them out of the package that morning. I was just getting ready to put on a different pair when my best friend shows up with kids. So I came out greeted him and the kids. They were nonplussed, (I had told my friend and wife, as I said earlier). His daughter said, "Uncle ..., you look like a girl." I said "Yes I do." She then hugged me.

After they left I put on my drab, my feet were throbbing a bit, I ate (Ramen and a sandwich) and watched TV for a bit.

Nope, no pics. I had my camera but I was too chicken to ask anyone to take them.

I'm glad I did it, well except for making my sister angry. But I probably won't be doing it again in my home town, because even though I've said sometimes "I'm all dressed up and nowhere to go", I went out and guess what? There was STILL no fun places to go. My hometown is tiny, so next time I go out I'm heading to college town, they have a human rights ordinance and everything, even upscale department stores, and outlets.

My sister and I did talk some things through and we both understood each others feelings better. I apologized to her for putting her on the spot. She even offered to help take photos, next time she gets some time off. She also mentioned how I didn't look like someone who had just dressed as a lark, my makeup was too good and that my clothes didn't look like the second hand stuff a regulary guy would use dressing up. She said she was proud of me for looking presentable and not like some Monty Python type parody. She said I carried myself differently than a person just crossdressing for fun on Halloween.

She's right too. I'm rather shy and tend to look down. I find it hard to look at people. But when I was out, I held my head up straight and I don't usually do that.
    Picture of the actual ensemble, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/veronic...it/2838293413/

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    Last edited by VeronicaMoonlit; 08-28-2009 at 11:51 PM.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.