Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The BIG Halloween thread./POST ALL YOUR Halloween posts here!!

i'm thinking as going as a geisha girl this year. i saw a store selling those asian wooden platform flip-flop things for $5 too. thinking about adding that to my costume.

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Aaaaw 5150, don't worry, she's never going away

Good luck Kimberly!! Not really into big ball gowns but that looks awesome! Wouldn't mind tryin that on for size You'll feel like a real live princess!

EDIT: Don't worry Trekgirl, it'll look great and you won't care what anyone thinks 5 minutes after you get to the party
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

USC song girl / cheer uniform

Hey been doing some brainstorming on halloween ideas and one just hit me here watching the OSU vs. USC game. The USC cheerleader or song girl whatever there called uniforms are super cute! But I can not find anywhere to purchase one online, can anyone help?? Here is a picture of them:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AshleeMarie in AZ View Post
    Hey been doing some brainstorming on halloween ideas and one just hit me here watching the OSU vs. USC game. The USC cheerleader or song girl whatever there called uniforms are super cute! But I can not find anywhere to purchase one online, can anyone help?? Here is a picture of them:
    Actually, that would be fairly easy to make without ordering. A white sweater and a white pleated skirt, some burgundy/yellow ribbon and some felt.

If you're not good with a sewing machine, then just cut the USC out of the felt and use hotglue to stick them to the sweater. (cute sweater sacrilege!) Same goes for the trim on the skirt, although for the trim you'd almost have to sew it.

I love halloween! Unfortuntely I think I'm stuck going as Dumbledore this year... maybe he'll have on some panties under those robes! I bet he did anyway, you can tell he had feminine style with those flashy robes!

I have it down to three different costumes. Any advice on these would be great

First is Alice in Wonderland (this is carried over from last year idea from my girlfriend).

http://aplusaccessadvantage.com/love...ion/t116_a.jpg

My second idea is a femime type of jester. I think I found a nice mix of colors (purple and black) for the tunic and a nice pair of tights to go with it:

http://www.costumehub.com/_static/we..._NOCOLOR_3.jpg
    http://www.fashions4fetish.com/eBay%...6280purple.jpg

The third idea I had was a tuxedo style dance outfit with a pair of knee high boots:
    http://farmgoodsforkids.com/images/P...CHR-01817B.jpg
    or
    http://www.wondercostumes.com/images...E-19510350.jpg
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 09-18-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Hotlinking pictures is NOT allowed, read the forum rules!!!

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I have used it to gradually become more and more comfortable with my dressing. If you haven't been out before, please consider taking advantage of Halloween. You can even take baby steps like I did.

In 1997, I wore a jester costume, not unlike the one bostonjensen shows above. This costume is labeled as unisex, so I was still dressed like a guy, but seeing as it consists of a tunic (just a way of saying minidress without scaring off the guys) and tights, I was basically crossdressing in public for the first time. I was very nervous stepping out of the door in it. I got some funny looks at the gas station when I stopped to fill up my car. In the elevator ride up to my friend's apartment, a young woman who was in the elevator with me said "That is so cool!" although her boyfriend looked a little uncomfortable. Then at the party itself (at the place of a friend of my friend) I received so many nice comments from the ladies. I got more attention than I ever got at parties before. They all thought I was very brave to dress like that and thought my legs were cute. It was a great boost to my confidence. In fact, it was so great that the next year I wore the same costume when I attended a Halloween party with my girlfriend. That same girl later became my wife.

In 2002, I wanted to be able to have a similar experience, but still didn't have the courage to do drag. I soon fixated on the idea of Spiderman. I bought a red unitard from a dance store and drew in the blue and the webbing with fabric paints and markers. From the same store, I got a red lycra full face mask, and cut out eye holes to which I glued white netting. The costume was a huge hit at a party my wife and I threw, especially after everyone learned that it wasn't store bought.

Finally in 2003 was my coup de grace. Since Halloween 2002, I had come out to my wife and she had gotten over her initial anger at being kept in the dark for so long. We decided it was time for me to do a drag costume for Halloween. I went as Christina Aguilera. The costume was more inspired by early-era Chistina than anything she actually wore: a form-fitting tank, mini skirt, white fishnets, black heeled boots, and fishnet gloves. I had a blond wig with black worked into it, and wore two stick-on stones to represent her face piercings. My wife bought most of the clothes for me and did my makeup. There's a picture in the album associated with my profile for those who want to see.

We went to a friend's costume party, and many of the people who attended our party the previous year were there. I was very nervous on the way to the party. However, everybody there was wowed. I got very comfortable quickly and had a great time (the beer helped). Some of the girls were impressed that I could walk well in the heels. People still talk about that costume, but I never once got asked if I was a crossdresser. I think having my wife do the makeup, and trying to look not too good probably have something to do with it. I haven't worn drag for Halloween since, mostly because my wife was worried that people will begin to suspect if I do it too soon. However, a lot of time has passed, and if we get invited to another party it may be time to do it again.

I got my black bodysuit with turtleneck collar in the mail today for my cheerleading costume. I tried on the whole get up and I'm now psyched! I've never been one to feel comfortable showing a lot of skin. It has nothing to do with being shy or anything, I just love the feel of fabric on my skin. The bodysuit is made of 100% nylon and it just feels great! I'm now more confident that I'll have a great time at my brother's Halloween party!

I'm going to buy a wig soon and shave my legs when the party is around the corner. Then I'll break through my fears and finally post a picture of myself. I really can't wait!

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    I've been waiting for my outfit from Hot Topic for like 3 weeks! FedEx screwed up my address and kept sending me emails that I screwed up and they couldn't find my house! I actually had to call them and give them directions to my house, kinda ridiculous. So anyway they "claim" it'll be delivered today at some point... and so I wait with ears peeled! Can't wait to try it on! Where are you FedEx guy?!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Two Things...

First: I got my man-vira outfit today and it looks great. I will do some test shots and post them soon.

Second: There is an old thread here on CD.com that had costume wishes and I went through it at one time (about 160 of the posts) and charted the most wanted outfits and here they are in desired order. Once you get past the first 15 or so, the order dropped off and they were pretty much even to the end. So here they are in order, maybe this will spark someone's imagination!

French Maid
    School Girl (uniform)
    Cheerleader
    Bride (Wedding Dress)
    Ballerina
    Maid
    Victorian Lady
    Dominatrix
    Nurse
    Prom Dress
    Bellydancer/Harem Slave Girl
    Punk Rock Chick
    Wonder Women
    Hooker
    Southern Belle
    Vegas Showgirl
    Fairy (Princess, Rose)
    Hooters Girl (waitress)
    Lingerie Model
    Playboy Bunny
    Supergirl
    Batgirl
    Bettie Page
    Cheer Leader (Pro Football)
    Cinderella
    Flight Attendant/Stewardess
    Little Girl (Shirley Temple)
    Police Women
    Princeses
    50's Corporate Secretary
    60s Business Suit
    Anime Character
    Bar Maid
    Bridesmaid
    Business Women
    Dianna Rigg
    Elektra
    Geisha
    Gothic Chick
    Hot Secretary
    Joan of Arc
    Military Uniform (Rose Red)
    Nun
    Persephone Silver Dress (Matrix)
    Pirate
    Riverdance Lady (Irish Dancer)
    ****y Rocker (Siouxsie Sioux)
    Snow White
    StarTrek Red Dress
    Vampiress
    Western Saloon Dancer
    Cowgirl Pinup
    Black Canary
    50's Poodle Skirt Rocker
    A Chorus Line Girl
    Belle (Disney)
    Biker Chick Leather
    Bollywood Actress
    Bunny
    Catgirl
    Cathy from Wuthering Heights
    Catsuit Latex
    Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer)
    Cher
    Chinese Dress
    Cinderella Step-Mother
    Cowgirl
    Daisy Duke
    Dancer Lycra w. leg warmers
    Diner Waitress (w. hat)
    Dirndl (German Traditional)
    Dominated ****
    Doris Day Shirtwaist Dress
    Dorthy Wizard of OZ
    East Indian Bride
    Elvira
    Fashion Model
    Figure Skaters
    French Aristocracy 1700's
    Genie
    Gilda (Rita Hayworth)
    Gothic Lolita Catgirl
    Helen Mirren on Oscar (silver and white long dress)
    Jacqueline Kennedy
    Japanese School Girl (Sailor)
    Kylie Minogue's 'Showgirl'
    Lara in Dr Zhivago
    Little Bo Peep
    Majorette Band Uniform
    Marilyn Monroe
    Netballer (Women's Basktball)
    Pagent Finalist
    Pantomime Horse
    Pocohontas
    Poison Ivy
    Pussy Cat
    Quinceanera (Sweet 16)
    Saloon Girl Vampire
    Satin (anything in)
    Selene (Underworld)
    Seven of Nine (Voyager)
    Sexy Mini-Skirt Girl
    Sissy Dress
    Skater Girl
    Sorceress
    Tinker Bell (Disney)
    Trinity Matrix
    Unitard w. Ballet Heels
    Victorian Queen
    Western Gal Long Skirt
    Wilma Deering
    Witch (sexy Witchblade)
    Xena
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Tracy,

Thanks so much for writing that list out. It jogged my memory that I always wanted to dress up like a flight attendant for Halloween.

I think this is the one I like the best. Will go great with my new blue heels!

http://www.forwardedge.com/5108x.html

think im gonna try and pull off a cher look! she looks so pretty in this pic

Elvira for Halloween

I got the costume and hose, but I would like to have some recommendations for shoes for this outfit, price under $70, and they have to be comfortable and easy to walk in.

Thanks in Advance

P.S. Looking for a Size 12 medium in Women shoes
    Last edited by reinforced79; 09-18-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Hear ye, hear ye! Masks for sale!

All u maskers out there! OMG, the stadium's EMPTY now!

Well, just in case anyone's interested, CVS Pharmacy has the masks I wear all the time in stock now! Every store only gets about 4. So, hurry in if u want those "pretty lady" faces for $2 each!

DON'T go to the Newport Beach stores, tho! I know, for a fact, they're sold out!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Standard High Heel Pump

Quote Originally Posted by reinforced79 View Post
    I got the costume and hose, but I would like to have some recommendations for shoes for this outfit, price under $70, and they have to be comfortable and easy to walk in.

Thanks in Advance

P.S. Looking for a Size 12 medium in Women shoes
    I've seen her wear both black leather and patent leather High heel pumps. I would suggest these High Heel Patent Pumps.

-Tracy

- Jef Mallett

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    I've seen her wear both black leather and patent leather High heel pumps. I would suggest these High Heel Patent Pumps.

-Tracy
    Unfortunately I can't walk in those, let alone stand in them they have to be 2 inches or lower, and these shoes do not look comfortable either

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Thanks, Tracy!

For the list! I'll see how many I can cross off this Halloween!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Changing up my look

Went shopping and I ended up with this maybe a halloween outfit to wear?

stockings might just be a bit too much hun even for Halloween
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Let Me Be Your Personal Shopper!

Quote Originally Posted by reinforced79 View Post
    Unfortunately I can't walk in those, let alone stand in them they have to be 2 inches or lower, and these shoes do not look comfortable either

OK, I was going for authenticity and not comfort. Here is a pair that is close to the style. It is in a crock pattern and 2" heels and Nine West. And they are $69! You can find them here: Oaks.

BTW, I love Nine West shoes. They are built well and are very fashionable & comfortable. You could wear these as everyday shoes as well.

Love, Tracy

- Jef Mallett

My VERY first time out in public was to a friend's party on Halloween.
    I was so nervous, but for no reason.
    As I entered I did so with a male friend who was wearing a mask and of course no one recognized him. Also, he's about 5'6" and with my heels I was 6'3" so most eyes were on me.
    As I waved to the guys I heard, "Who is that chick?", then "That's no chick, that's a guy?" , then "Who is that guy?"
    Even though they knew they still didn't know who. That made me feel great that even my best friends didn't recognize me and at first thought I was a girl.

They don't know about me...and it's probably for the best, but if they only had a clue....
    Just wish I had been better with makeup then and had more inner drive to be me and go out more.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I plan to do ALBERT EINSTIEN this year for my adult sunday school Halloween party. I have the baggy sweater, the white wig and fake hair and spirit gum to make the moustashe.----Im gonna pin a card to my chest with E=Mc2 written on it, just in case some folks need a hint. I did Colonwl Sanders last year and WON the contest. I DID do a FEMALE gypsy fortune teller in '04 which was a big hit too. I'll do her again if someone in the party asks me to, but guys gota be careful with female costumes or else some folks might think you are "funny" in an odd way.

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    OK, I was going for authenticity and not comfort. Here is a pair that is close to the style. It is in a crock pattern and 2" heels and Nine West. And they are $69! You can find them here: Oaks.

BTW, I love Nine West shoes. They are built well and are very fashionable & comfortable. You could wear these as everyday shoes as well.

Love, Tracy
    Thanks, since my feet are flat, the shoes have to be comfortable, especially since I'll be driving to the Halloween Party

Halloween

It's coming up again!! I am going to ask the question this way because I know most of us, if not all of us have dressed as a girl for halloween. So how many time have you dressed? For me I was a girl the past 3 halloweens. The first one was a gymnast. Yea, I ordered online a leotard and put that on. the other two times it was a group of us and my friend and I were the girls and my other friend was the pimp. Pimps and hos. Just the guys or the boys were the hos. I tryed suggesting we do that again but they said no. Don't want to push it as I do not know how they would react.

This'll be the first Halloween in a dress. I haven't dressed up for Halloween in almost 10 years. Not because I didn't want to, mind you. At least posture won't be a problem with me being on crutches this time around lol
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

Twice for me once as a can can dancer and once as Bonnie and Clyde. My GF was clyde