Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you become feminine when you dress?

Do you become feminine when you dress?

I wonder how many of us change characters when we dress. I find my state of mind changes completely and I think different thoughts and, apparently, my voice changes without my being aware. Any thoughts?
    Lucy

I do in a way that sometimes freak me up

Without question I do. What's the point id I can't try to be as female as possible.

How does it freak you, Barbara?

I become a high maintenance ...pouty redhead ...

I just freel great when I dress. I do adapt a few feminine mannerisms, but really do not try to force them on myself. I try to walk with smaller steps, keep my back straight, shoulders back try to sit properly with my knees together and look people in the eyes. I also keep moving the hair out of my eyes, which I do not consider so feminine and more a matter of necessity to be able to see and eat. I have found that it is easier to drive slower (most of the time), listen to classical music while driving, take each moment as it comes and just go more with the flow than before. Yeah, it is definitely working on me.

Yes in every way possible.

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    No, since that would imply that I was masculine to begin with. LOL!

Seriously, when I'm dressed, I'm a lot less shy and a lot more confident. I don't know if that translates into "feminine", but it is who I really am.
    Last edited by SweetCaroline; 08-31-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Absolutely

The whole world just feels RIGHT.
    No pressures, no stress.......
    The ultimate escape from all that is wrong.

But I also find that dressing is side-tracking me from things that I HAVE to get DONE.

I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.

But it's fun !!!!

I defenitely feel and walk differently but my voice doesn't change.

Do you become feminine when you dress?

Yes, I feel and walk feminine but I don't chance my voice and I don't act rediculest.

I become more masculine, and find myself breaking stallions, flying fighter jets, and getting greasy under the hood of my sweet Iroc-z while drinking burboun and gutting bears I brought down with my bowie knife...

OF COURSE I become more feminine! LULZORZ
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Long Legs View Post
    How does it freak you, Barbara?
    Yes freak me up and scare me the way it becomes so easy and natural that my male side kind of disappear on those moments

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    Yes freak me up and scare me the way it becomes so easy and natural that my male side kind of disappear on those moments

Yeah, but you might say that it's exactly what those moments are for.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Not really, I think that I used to but after some serious personal reflection I decided that it just wasn't me. I fall somewhere in between masculine and feminine so I am just myself no matter how I'm dressed.

I guess I could be described as a bit of a tomboy

I sure hope so...a nice, long transformation always helps, someone once said it's hard for a guy to act like a guy once his fingernails have a coat of polish on them, and the same goes for wearing a skirt and walking in heels, dontcha think?

That's the point of all that work, at least for me Whole 'nother me out for some air!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Like Windy, I sure hope so. As male I am no lumber jack, but I strive to move and exibit a femme appearance.

Wen that was funny.

As for me, I dont think theres a difference, Im the way I am no matter what outfit Im on. As for what I am like, Im not sure really if I am feminine. Somehow Im not sure what feminine is like anymore really.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

Absolutely!!!

When in drab (redundant?), I'm masculine. I look masculine, I act masculine, and I'm my wife's husband, without a doubt (ask her, she'll tell you!). His baritone voice is clearly male. He is right handed.

Tina, on the other hand, is a high-maintenance blonde with a sexy walk who is always in heels. The wife of the man in drab is Tina's girlfriend. The conversation is gf/gf, not husband/wife. Tina's voice has no bass at all. Tina is left handed. Conversations of husband and wife happen again between girlfriends because it is expected that Tina will have different opinions, and she does (ok, we find that bizarre too, but it's true!).

The point is that inside of the masculine husband there was a feminine creature that we named Tina, and the whole point was to NOT cross the boundries. The husband/wife duo needs to stay intact, from our perspective, and we believe that there is a difference between the masculine and feminine perspectives on the world. Sure there are some agreements, but the process of growing up in most instances provides different experiences for boys and girls, and they are lasting experiences! Tina is working hard to learn what she never learned as a boy growing up, and her girlfriend is helping her do just that. In drab we talk about Tina, in drag we talk about her husband! Just that set of conversations and perspectives has opened our eyes about each other and about relationships!

Viva la difference!

Tina!

For me i might behave a little different, but not any more different than how one might behave at work versus how one might behave when out with friends. In both cases I'm still myself, I'm just acting as to the situation.

The whole idea of having different thoughts and being a different person gives me the heebie jeebies.

Gold Member
    Absolutely...almost like looking at a completely different person. The transformation can be really amazing!!!

Yes, but not a limp wristed sissy-girl, very feminine though. It makes me feel right.

most definately. not only am I more feminine, my confidence level goes way up.

Senior Junior Member Lisa Renee's Avatar
    Yes I am different when in fem. I feel different I look different. And I have been told by a very dear GG friend and one of my daughters that I am different, I think and act like a woman
    Lisa Renee