Thread: Family, friends and co-workers reaction to shaved arms?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Family, friends and co-workers reaction to shaved arms?

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with peoples reactions when you shave your arms for the first time?

I have been shaving my legs for a few months now and I am going in next week for my first waxing and decided to have my arms waxed too. I never shave them since that hair is out in public for everyone to see and if it was gone then people would ask questions. Now I am at the point of "I don't care".

There are non-TG guys out there who shave so I am wondering if anyone will look at me differently then they do now. At work I used to look and smell like Grizzly Adams and now I am trimmed, shaved and, somewhat pretty smelling (love the moisturizer) so they already look at me differently, but in a good way.

What are your experiences with this?

I've been shaving my whole body for many years now, including my arms. I started doing this even in my Navy days before I retired over 30 years ago. Not one comment about my arms. The only comments that I ever got was from a couple of doctors about shaving my chest. Go for it.
    Kisses, Linda

I waited to shave my legs until after the Navy. I have always been self conscious but those days are numbered.

Never had one comment so far and I have been doing ot for a year and a half...look how many guys on these reality TV shows have hairless chests..now tell me they are not all blessed with no hair on their chests....I think it's a no big deal thing now...we're jsut looking at it thought different glasses....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

I think I'll join a swim team.
    OK for them to shave, no questions asked.
    Good exercise too.

Simply...

nobody cared that I shaved everything...

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

You know really it has nothing to do with anyone else, after all it's your body
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Banned Read only
    I don't work in a cubicle office with a bunch of players and shirt and tie guys. I work with a dozen guys in short sleeved uniforms.

This hairy guy, me, with beard and all, shaved the beard last year while on vacation. Nobody noticed except one office woman. "You look much younger, she said!"

Started shaving my hirsute arms and chest a few months ago. Still nobody noticed. And even if they did, they never mentioned it and relationships have not changed.

Wouldn't care any more if they did, actually!

(You should see my cleaned up eyebrows, too...)

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    Nobody noticed except one office woman. "You look much younger, she said!"
    (You should see my cleaned up eyebrows, too...)
    I agree and have had people tell me I look younger too after I started dressing, shaving body hair, etc.

Honestly where I run into trouble is that I am shaved from head to toe! So for example I dodged an invite to go to a lake this weekend, thats the one bad thing about CDing. I have to avoid some fun stuff with my old str8 boy macho friends.

I've shaved my chest hair and shoulders and upper arms down to my elbows and patchy areas down my forearms and the only one I thought that might say anything was my older brother.. he didn't say anything.. I think after he asked about if I shaved the tops of my feet, he might ask about my arms and I might tell him yes I shave my arms and legs and why?? to cross dress.. pantyhose feels great with shaved legs.. the upper body is a major hassle and I have given up on shaving it.. I can't see that it is worth the aggravation.. spending the extra ten minutes in the shower to shave the upper body hair and all.. I was all excited when I got all this shaved and was getting ready to do a picture shoot that would show off my shaved chest then realized that my arms are still quite hairy even though I do a glazed shaving type of thing (where I lightly run the shaver over my arms) and so that idea got dashed and with it any reason to keep shaving this area.. plus it feels hotter without the hair there.. but not so with my legs shaved.. why is that?? go figure eh??
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I have not had any reactions and my daughters were the first to notice but said nothing for over a year. They may think you have decided to clean up and this is just part of it.

Teri

Gold Member
    I've been shaving my arms now for a couple of months and no one has even noticed, or if they have, they haven't said a word about it.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    No-one has ever mentioned my shaved arms or even my plucked eyebrows. And even if they did I'd tell them it's none of their effing business.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Geico caveman here! The only place that doesn't grow hair is on my head!
    I shave most places, legs, front side, feet, face, and neck. I have a back shaver called Man groomer. It unfolds and extends. I started shaving my arms and hands, but it was prickly when growing back, so I now epilate them.
    Like the others, there has not been a single comment about it.

Nobody except my boss, who is a very caring and observant person asked me, he thought maybe I was in chemo! I assured him I was fine, did it for swimming and besides nothing makes a guy look older than gray chest hair, he laughed and said he used to do it too!

I shaved my arms once. For some reason, on my right arm, my skin didn't feel right afterwards. My skin felt like it was crawling in one spot. So I don't shave them anymore
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

Had no reaction whatsoever... My best friend did notice, but never said anything till I told him I CD'd.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Thanks everyone. That all makes me feel better.

I don't think anybody really notices that much,,,and even if they do, most seem to say nothing. I used to be really paranoid about it, like a while ago,,but it just hardly matters at all. Do it for yourself,,,and try not to worry about other's reactions!!
    x flic x

No comments at all.

It is the 21st century, so it is acceptable for men to lose body hair.

Hairy arms and chests etc are so 1970s!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    I shave from my nose to my toes, never had anyone, friends, co-workers, anyone at all, say a word about it. At least now within earshot, anyway. And really, why would what they think matter? It's your body.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Never had anyone question me about shaving my arms or any part of my body for that matter. Go for it!

No one cares but I would wax not shave mine arms. If you shave you get stubble if you wax when the grows back it's finer and not as dark.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN