Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Family, friends and co-workers reaction to shaved arms?

No comments at all.

It is the 21st century, so it is acceptable for men to lose body hair.

Hairy arms and chests etc are so 1970s!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    I shave from my nose to my toes, never had anyone, friends, co-workers, anyone at all, say a word about it. At least now within earshot, anyway. And really, why would what they think matter? It's your body.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Never had anyone question me about shaving my arms or any part of my body for that matter. Go for it!

No one cares but I would wax not shave mine arms. If you shave you get stubble if you wax when the grows back it's finer and not as dark.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    Nobody noticed except one office woman. "You look much younger, she said!"
    (You should see my cleaned up eyebrows, too...)
    I agree and have had people tell me I look younger too after I started dressing, shaving body hair, etc.

Honestly where I run into trouble is that I am shaved from head to toe! So for example I dodged an invite to go to a lake this weekend, thats the one bad thing about CDing. I have to avoid some fun stuff with my old str8 boy macho friends.

I've shaved my chest hair and shoulders and upper arms down to my elbows and patchy areas down my forearms and the only one I thought that might say anything was my older brother.. he didn't say anything.. I think after he asked about if I shaved the tops of my feet, he might ask about my arms and I might tell him yes I shave my arms and legs and why?? to cross dress.. pantyhose feels great with shaved legs.. the upper body is a major hassle and I have given up on shaving it.. I can't see that it is worth the aggravation.. spending the extra ten minutes in the shower to shave the upper body hair and all.. I was all excited when I got all this shaved and was getting ready to do a picture shoot that would show off my shaved chest then realized that my arms are still quite hairy even though I do a glazed shaving type of thing (where I lightly run the shaver over my arms) and so that idea got dashed and with it any reason to keep shaving this area.. plus it feels hotter without the hair there.. but not so with my legs shaved.. why is that?? go figure eh??
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Even before coming out I used to do it and once in a blue moon someone I knew would would ask or comment but nothing ever bad.

Now its nothing from the neck down.
    I do let it grow back sometimes just to see if it happens to be thinning out any but don't like that to much at all.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD