Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Feminine" How do you Define it ????

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    Funny I was discussing that with some one but all we could come up with as an answer was Uranus
    yeah orbited by "Kling-ons"
    Though if we're in the middle , in the planetary scheme of things, We get Earth!! yeah I know.... sniff,,, I smell a hyjacker (sorry mand)
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Banned Read only
    tris
    i don't usually laugh out loud but you just made me do so.
    thankyou
    angela xx

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Khriss
    yeah orbited by "Kling-ons"
    Though if we're in the middle , in the planetary scheme of things, We get Earth!! yeah I know.... sniff,,, I smell a hyjacker (sorry mand)
    Actually it was Mand in the first place Oh well, she'll kill me later

Aspiring Member
    Ava, Thankyou xxx

Tristen ..................I can't do the re-hash now, that means I'm going to have to 'think' to do another thread ..........by the way the next time you're feeling ill stay off line, I think I've caught it now

love mand xxx

Tristen Cox
    Oh no we don't want you thinking. Besides it's too hot over there to add to the work load

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alie
    Feminine. . .Women feel

Masculine. . . Men react

Men are from Mars

Women are from Venus

Where are CD's from?

Hello Alie ........................ have a look
    http://rosesforum.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11564

It's cooled down now Tristen but thinking too much is still an unatural condition for me to be in love

love mand xxx

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar

I'm being polite here...

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity_cat
    Katie, I think your idea is a little off. You're discribing the perfect 'WOMAN' not FEM. It is all in the mind.
    Weight and height have nothing to do with FEM.

You maybe right... but it was my oppinion. WEBSTER SAYS:

Main Entry: 1fem·i·nine
    Pronunciation: 'fe-m&-n&n
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French feminin, from Latin femininus, from femina woman; akin to Old English delu nipple, Latin filius son, felix, fetus, & fecundus fruitful, felare to suck, Greek thElE nipple
    1 : FEMALE 1a
    2 : characteristic of or appropriate or unique to women
    3 : of, relating to, or constituting the gender that ordinarily includes most words or grammatical forms referring to females <a feminine noun>
    4 a : being an unstressed and usually hypermetric final syllable <feminine ending> b of rhyme : having an unstressed final syllable c : having the final chord occurring on a weak beat <music in feminine cadences>
    - fem·i·nine·ly adverb
    - fem·i·nine·ness /-n&(n)-n&s/ noun

If everyone is right, it's a mental statis and how present yourself. Why can't I be a guy and have fem traits... probly cause I don't look the part. After searching the web, many sites dipic fem as a outlook of how a women presents herself: caring, loving, soft spoken, polite, sexy etc. But a picture of a lady can have those same things can't they. It's how we precive the person is it not. Objects can have fem traits can't they? So I'm going to agree with the rest of you on what you said. But stand by what I think is also a Physical thing also.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

To me it means the soft parts of humanity. I don't mean that it is not strong. I mean the tender feelings, the wish to nurture and heal, to bring happiness to others, to help, to be kind, gentilness, to enjoy with out controling, to give of one self.
    Stephenie

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie
    To me it means the soft parts of humanity. I don't mean that it is not strong. I mean the tender feelings, the wish to nurture and heal, to bring happiness to others, to help, to be kind, gentilness, to enjoy with out controling, to give of one self.

Stephenie, I absolutely love that definition. I wasn't going to post on this thread because it's too complicated.....but now you have gone and made it so simple. I couldn't have said it better if I'd tried.

The qualities you mentioned may not be all that femininity is to me, but they are the most important part.
    Last edited by Marla GG; 07-20-2005 at 12:38 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

:flirt: You sound more perfect every time you post.
    Stephenie

"Stephanie"
    Femininity? Let me list a few synonyms that when combined look like what I think of as feminine.

Delicate
    Tenderhearted
    Nurturing
    Caring
    Thoughtful
    Empathetic
    Receptive
    Generous
    Appreciative of beauty
    Well mannered
    Pretty
    Lightly scented

That comes about as close as I could define. And these are all qualities that I would hope to possess. In fact, may we all!
    Love,
    SilkenPrincess

Defining "feminine"

For me, my definition of being feminine is simple "to BE, act, and behave like a woman".

BE--dressing in all types of women's clothes, appearance, physical attributes,, etc.
    ACT--walking, sitting with legs crossed, etc.
    BEHAVE--feel, cry, non-aggressive, etc.
    Love to wear matching bras, panties, and garter belts

Feminine = Evil
    Merry

HRT since 2009

There are a number of traits shared by men and women thought by many to be feminine. Nurturing, gentileness, or able to cry at a sad movie, to name a few. Question is, since men also have these traits, why are they called feminine, instead of simply just human traits?

I reckon some traits are considered to be feminine because more women than men exhibit them, but some men do exhibit them. And truth be told, a fair number of men exhibit them.

So, if we define these traits to be feminine, aren't we, as a society, forcing men who exhibit them to think of themselves as less than a man? Or reinforcing society to think that way? Does that not put pressure on boys to 'act like men', and force them to hide some of their shared natural human qualities?

If we think of nurturing or gentleness as human instead of feminine, then men may be more inclined to develop those aspects of themselves. If we think of boldness and assertiveness as human instead of masculine, then women may feel welcome to foster those aspects of themselves. We will all benefit from having more freedom to be the individuals we are.

Now, to be fair, I do throw the label 'feminine' around. However, I reckon I do this to identify a number of things society considers to be exclusive to women, such as describing a pair of high heels or a dress. However, I don't think wearing that dress makes one particularly feminine. I put on a dress, and it's just me in a dress. May change the way I feel, but it doesn't make me feel more feminine than I already am.

Women wear pants, and item of clothing considered to be 'masculine', but does that take away from a woman's natural femininity? Of course not. How can we take away one's natural traits by changing the clothes they wear?

For some, wearing clothes designed for women does make them feel more feminine, but I think that is because it amplifies those traits already there, but hidden because of what society considers masculine of feminine. I don't think it makes them more feminine.

And for some, it takes a little more than wearing clothes designed for women to feel feminine.

However, as I mentioned, the clothes don't make me feel more feminine. Maybe I'm missing out? Don't know if I am or not, but I do know I like to dress up.
    Last edited by DonnaT; 07-21-2005 at 04:46 PM.
    DonnaT