Thread: what is the best way to make my face more feminine?

what is the best way to make my face more feminine?

anything besides basic makeup?

It would help if we knew what you look like to begin with to give you advice, what works for some of us may not work for you

As the twig is bent... Leslie Foxx's Avatar
    Basic makeup usually won't cut it.
    Learn the art of contouring. That can do a lot to feminize your face. There are many tutorial videos on YouTube.
    Get your brows shaped and waxed.
    Expirament with cosmetics and try to attain different looks. Some effects will be much more becomming that others. Learn what works for you.
    Practice, practice, practice!
    [SIZE="3"]Leslie[/SIZE]

"In these shoes?"

Aside from make-up, you can find a wig that's designed for the particular shape of your face. It will complement your best features and hide your less-desirable attributes.

But without more information, it's really difficult to provide any advice.
    Last edited by Sara Ann; 09-07-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    The best way is surgery. That's what I'd like to do, but who can afford it? If you're stuck with makeup, which actually can do wonders, then I suggest booking a lesson or two at a local salon. They'll be glad to help and of course they do expect you to purchase some product, though you don't have to. Some places will give you a lesson for free if you agree to buy X dollar amount of makeup.

Good luck and have fun. Remember it all washes off, so you try different looks and so on. There's no one right answer, you just have tofind what will work for you.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

what is the best way to make my face more feminine?

Hun we need to see your face before we can help, a wig that goes with you features will help

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Smiling usually does wonders. Learning to smile like a woman can go a long way in making your face appear feminine, even without make up. Relax your face and be more expressive. Widen your eyes and maybe tilt you head. Men generally don't show much subtle emotions, woman do. A gentle smile is a good start.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Beard removal is another key item. Having a beard causes you to have large pores which prevent makeup from going on smoothly. We end up having to work a lot more to reduce that problem. Getting rid of the hair causes your skin to become softer and makeup to apply smoother.

Those things help, but most of us need surgery or we will always like a guy in a dress.
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    Yup! Contouring is a basic skill that can do wonders for changing subtly the appearance of a male face into a more feminine one.

If you're still a little too shy to go out, check those youtube vids... Leslie's right, there are scads. In particular, watch the detailed makeup vids that the drag queens do. You don't have to go all out with the eyes and glittery three-toned lips, but they almost always start with some serious contouring.

Another great source is Kevin Aucoin's book, Making Faces. Lots of step by step illustrated explanations of every makeup technique. And one of his makeovers is on a guy, too. That book is almost the Bible for many of us and is available in every Barnes and Noble and Borders I've ever been in.

If you do wanna go out, and get some personal service, try a stand alone MAC store or a Sephora Store. They've both been very, very welcoming to us. Just ask 'em up front for what you want, a lesson on contouring. They'll match your skin tone to the right foundations and then show you how it's done... even give you the notes!

Above all, don't stress, hun! This exploration stuff is just the right thing for building confidence ... and it's a lotta fun!

Mostly Harmless...
    I think people have said enough about makeup, so I'll just cut out.

One more thing I can think of is taking care of your facial skin. Clean it twice a day with something that is meant for it to clean the face. The overall look of your face should become smoother thus more girl like. Plus your skin feels a lot better afterward. Using facial creams helps as well to make your face nice and soft.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Plastic Surgery....look what it did for Michael Jackson!

Peace and Love, Joanie

I guess the others have already mentioned everything that I can think of.

I do wish I can have that bone-scrapping-whatever-you-call-it surgery, its to make em look less squarish at the chin and the jaw. I can only imagine, thats gotta hurt big time!

Use your hair to cover things up? Thats what I do, my neck is wide so i let some hair cover the sides, cant tell if you cant see where the ends are right.

Banned Read only
    Actually, hun, your new avatar pic is very attractive...

In fact, your jaw and chin are not unattractive at all and help to give your face strength...not masculinity.

Geena Davis, Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek ... think they look too masculine? Me neither!

And you're on your way to joining that fine featured group...

We'e never happy with ourselves are we? But you've got nothing to be really worried about... nuh-uh!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Masks!

Well, it works for ME anyway!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have to say that the number one thing I find is eyebrows! Shape them yourself or get them done by a professional. If you want, do what I do and also tape the skin above them so they are lifted up and arched even more. It open your eyes and looks very feminine.

The next would be your expressions. Use your smile and your eyes much more than you would in guy mode.

Skin care, electrolysis, and of course plastic surgury are others that take more time and effort. Good luck!
    Sally

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    I suppose you've already considered choosing parents with delicate facial features.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Im not sure if she qualifies to have a squarish jaw but Ive always liked her:

heres angie too just for reference I guess

Deja, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Foxx View Post
    Basic makeup usually won't cut it.
    Learn the art of contouring. That can do a lot to feminize your face. There are many tutorial videos on YouTube.
    Get your brows shaped and waxed.
    Expirament with cosmetics and try to attain different looks. Some effects will be much more becomming that others. Learn what works for you.
    Practice, practice, practice!
    I Totally agree with Leslie Foxx on everything she is telling you, Look at her Beauty she knows. I told her before how stunning she is and you cannot argue with that. Joann0830

Mostly you can't... you can only disguise it with all the stuff mentioned already. The biggest issues are a male frown, visible beard shadow and large bushy eyebrows.

How about wearing a burka, like the Muslims do.

They are very good at hiding your masculine features!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Eyebrows really do help a lot! Have the waxed so you have some arch. And open your eyes! I also agree smiling helps.

Oh I forgot. Lips! Guys have lizard lips usually ... you have to do something to fill them out. Plumpers don't seem to do much ... best to rely on good lipstick technique and some gloss.