Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Does It Mean to "Be a Woman?"

What Does It Mean to "Be a Woman?"

Several threads recently have been talking about the various ways we believe and behave as it relates to "being a woman." One current thread proposes that childbirth is the "ultimate expression " of a woman. Another poster says buying woman's clothing is not good enough and the clothing they wear has to have been worn by a woman before she feels feminine. Still others have propositioned in the past that having breasts or other "native female body parts" in and of itself makes one womanly. None of these activities hit the mark for me. I dare say GG's who are unable to conceive would be offended by the thought that they are any less womanly than any other GG. I am also quite certain not a single GG would say she doesn't feel feminine unless another GG has worn her clothing before her.

So what is it really "to be a woman?" What does it actually take? What would one who is not born that way have to do to achieve the goal of womanhood? Or is it just some hopeless, non-achievable objective for some, a dream to never be realized?

**Edited to add**

GG's, your input to this question is more than encouraged.
    Last edited by Holly; 09-07-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added content.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Wink

Hi sis Holly! ~

In my opinion, it depends. Because for me (am speaking on my behalf), the ultimate expression of being a woman is simply to be appreciated as being one. I have a wife who somewhat supports my CDing.. When she considers and look at me as a girl, I feel that I am really a woman. She usually calls me with my girl name, and it really gives me the feeling that I am also a girl. I guess it has something to do with mindset. But for me, that how it goes. She respects my feminine side. I guess respecting women as women would be the ultimate expression of being a woman.

Mwaaah ~

Clothes and such ...boobs,body,long hair,make-up are more or less cosmetic.It's what is in my heart and soul that does it for me. I am transsexual,and proud of the fact, and proud of what I have accomplished in my goal to be as womanly as possible. I can never be, and have no illusions of being a real woman, but I am happy with the life I have chosen to pursue.
    And for the record..... the cosmetic stuff is a big help.

Kelly
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I have no idea but the constant effort of trying to feel like one is such a pleasure!
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

What a great question, Holly!

I date, and have married GGs. To me, they're like a different species!

I'm very interested in the answers here! And, I would like to hear YOUR definition, too, Holly!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

[SIZE=4]The whole idea of "feeling like a woman" or "being a woman", to me, means feeling comfortable looking like I want to look and behaving as feels natural. I have not illusions about "being female"; I know I am not female. I just love feeling like something inside me tells me is "correct". [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Clothes and such ...boobs,body,long hair,make-up are more or less cosmetic.It's what is in my heart and soul that does it for me. I am transsexual,and proud of the fact, and proud of what I have accomplished in my goal to be as womanly as possible. I can never be, and have no illusions of being a real woman, but I am happy with the life I have chosen to pursue.

Kelly
    Kelly-well spoken,well considered.Coming from a girl like you I concur wholeheartedly.

Mmmm Holly that's such a tough one...I don't have answer .. just because I am not a Woman ..on the other side what would you say to the question..What Does it Mean to Be a Man..you could list all your macho doings.. but yet does it really mean anything..Better yet ..If you just want to Be Yourself..I can answer that...that just means your happy...

My wife seems to enjoy the effect of my cross dressing. I have asked her several times what see gets out it and she has never been able to really express. it. She has told me that I do think like a woman. Therefore, I have no idea what it takes. I just know that it is a lot fun trying to be one. They are unquie and it would be boring without them. They make the world a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    ...I would like to hear YOUR definition, too, Holly!
    I will be more than happy to post my thoughts in a day or two (or three ... )
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Holly, that is what I have been turning over in my soul, heart and mind for some time now. In dressing as Carol, I try to enter into the female experience. But I always have that big question in my face, "And just what is that experience?" The act of dressing and personifying Carol doesn't get me any closer to it. But I still enjoy it never the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    One current thread proposes that childbirth is the "ultimate expression " of a woman.
    Well that shows ignorance imho. I'm pretty sure most women do not feel very feminine trying to push out a baby, with all n sundry out for everyone to see, the hours of pain, the hours of pain afterwards. IMHO, that is just pure fantasy and those who think that childbirth is the 'ultimate expression' of a woman, don't really have a clue at all.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

what is is to be a woman, Well, for me, being a woman is not about a dress, breast or any other thing one can actually see. i had a girlfriend who lost her breast to cancer yet, she was 100% percent woman, sadly shes gone now and i miss her still after 15 months. a woman is soft, not only in her skin but in her affection and compassion for others, she is gentle and graceful, she is considerate of others. Though she Will not be bullied or pushed about. in my flesh i am male Sadly, however ,with in my soul and my spirit it i feel i am female or woman. my make up and lingerie does not make me a woman though it does sooth the desire and takes me a step closer to my dream. my lingerie and make up dresses and what ever else i may wear only mask the male with them. a woman is lovely and cherished. though i may speak of a lady of which i believe there is a difference between a woman and a lady. women are borne ladies are made from women. A woman has the ability to turn on her sex appeal and her charm and with that can woe any thing from a male. A woman is lovely, though the cloths and breast don't make a woman they do aid in the making of a woman. it would be difficult to be a woman with out them. My friend who lost her breast and her life was woman to the hilt. she later got prosthesis or not really prosthesis but had reconstructive surgery. sadly, for me she lost her battle. it was not the cancer that took her but Angio edema took her. I don't however, believe one can pin all these attributes to every woman. After all women are people and as people go some are selfish and not so considerate of others, some are not graceful and some are not very lovely. Women think differently than a male, i have never had interest in "male" things such as hunting, Nascar or any other thing, i have never enjoyed "hanging with the boys" with a beer and a football game. i am a gentle compassionate soul. i am considerate of others even if it means i come out on the loosing end. i do not think of my self as a man, it's even hard for me to say i am a Man. so i refer to my self as a gender neutral thing such as person. i think it would be difficult to pin any certain trait or attribute to women in general
    Last edited by Penelope Marie; 09-07-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Hmmmm now you have me thinking

Having had the opportunity to give this question more thought I have to honestly say that being transsexual is something that I don't really ever think about....(unless I am here on the boards). Away from the boards, I am just me. I am just out there living it 24/7,365. Home,work,play,relationship,intimacy. I don't see my life being much different than my gg friends,or gg co-workers as far as everyday living. I am perfectly comfortable in a cocktail dress, or a pair of jeans,make-up or sans.
    So maybe that's what it takes (for me) to "be a woman"........ not thinking about NOT being a woman.
    Kelly
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Banned Read only
    Originally Posted by kellycan27

Kelly

__________________________________________________ ______

I would have to agree with Kelly on this, Sherlyn made a good point too..... what does it mean to be a man? To me, I believe that you are whom you truely feel in your heart that you are

I am a woman now, this very moment. 30 minutes ago I was a man waiting to become a woman. I have no womanly parts, I don't think I could ever pass (although I try), and I only spent a few minutes getting dressed. I am not going anywhere and I'm not going to see anyone, I'm in for the night alone. However; at this point I feel like a woman therefore I am woman.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    I am a woman now, this very moment. 30 minutes ago I was a man waiting to become a woman. I have no womanly parts, I don't think I could ever pass (although I try), and I only spent a few minutes getting dressed. I am not going anywhere and I'm not going to see anyone, I'm in for the night alone. However; at this point I feel like a woman therefore I am woman.
    ok if you say so

For me, being a woman is feeling & acting like one....and being comfortable with it!
    A.

Hmm, this could very easily become one of those "no win" questions Holly. Women have a big job. Not only do they bear, deliver and take car of youngins, they are the adhesive that holds families together. Their biggest challenge by far, however, is making sure their men behave and play nice with their toys and stay in the sandbox, all the while looking beautiful. How many "would be" women can do that and still manage to smile?

Both Male and Female

We are both Male and Female. One part dominates at one time, and the feeling may last for a few minutes, hours or days! Then the other side takes over. We should learn to enjoy the side that is dominate at that time. All of us are both male and female. Learn to enjoy both, and try not to hurt anyone, yourself or your SO.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    So what is it really "to be a woman?" What does it actually take?
    Your mindset. If you feel like you're a woman, then you're a woman. Simple.

Same reason why dudes like me feel like dudes. Our mindset.

The only problem people might feel, then, is how to project that mindset to the public. But that's a whole different story and not at all what the question asks. We start to get in trouble there as we begin to start playing into (sometimes seriously offensive) gender stereotypes.

I think a lot of people here constantly confuse their essence as a specific gender with actually projecting that gender essence.

Essence before experience, people. Otherwise, where would it come from to begin with?

Thanks for posting this thread, Holly.

I read this a long time ago and I am not sure I completely agree. A girl becomes a woman after she has sexual intercourse. "you are a woman now..."

To me, a woman is well... womanly. Her body is female, she is soft in all of the correct physical places and she has the equipment to give birth, although not all women can. These things we, as CD's cannot have.

A woman mind is different than a mans. She is generally more gentle, a little more subtle in demeanor, she has the ability to attract men, her movements are "feminine" and she dresses and wears her hair differently than a man. These things we, as CD's CAN have with practice.

I know that I go into "womanly" mode when I am dressed. The effect of the makeup, clothing and hair puts me in a bit of a trance or mood that is very womanly. My personality changes to a softer, quieter yet firm and somewhat demanding Chrissie. My thoughts become very womanly, and when I am intimate I am completely a "woman" in actions and feelings.

I will never be female, but I can be a woman.
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

Quote Originally Posted by Penelope Marie View Post
    a woman is soft, not only in her skin but in her affection and compassion for others, she is gentle and graceful, she is considerate of others. Though she Will not be bullied or pushed about.
    After all women are people and as people go some are selfish and not so considerate of others, some are not graceful and some are not very lovely. Women think differently than a male,
    i am considerate of others even if it means i come out on the loosing end.

Penelope Marie - As a GG myself I think you did a wonderful job describing a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnd View Post
    Penelope Marie - As a GG myself I think you did a wonderful job describing a woman.
    Thank you,

I do not know what it would be like to be a "woman". This word has so many meanings and implications.
    My goal is to be as a "lady-like" as possible and to be accepted as a lady when ever I am presenting myself as a lady. This includes, clothing, makeup, hair, jewelry, manners, actions, speech and behavior.
    Hugs, Carole