Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just like the clothes.

I just like the clothes.

Is it ok for me to just like womans clothes and not try to actually be a woman? I have tried make up and heels and acting like a woman and it just was not me. So is it ok for me to like womans clothes and just be myself?

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Whatever you like is OK. You're not hurting anybody.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

yes that is ok, If you like the clothes...then dress up the way you want to. You obviously have no desire to go out in public or fully transition. Every one has different tastes, wants and likes.

Enjoy it the way YOU want it!

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy23 View Post
    ...is it ok for me to like womans clothes and just be myself?
    Absolutely, Johnboy23. And cherish the fact that you have found what makes you happy .
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Do it and enjoy !!!
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

Always try to be yourself no matter what your doing.
    Kimmy 55

I definately want to go out in public. I dont care what I do inside my home its the outside that I want to know will be more accepting. I have seen guys wear capris and womens style V necks before.

well since you have desire to go out in public...are you passable? Do you care if your passable? What is someone recognizes you? These are only a few of the questions you need to answer.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Yes, it's fine to like the clothes and not want to transition. I think you will find that makes you like a very large percentage of the CDs on the planet. As far as going out wearing womens tops or pants without attempting to pass, you are probably okay there. Once you get more adventurous and maybe want to go out wearing a skirt or dress, without doing the makeup, forms and hair, you have to consider how you will react to things said if you don't attempt to pass or blend. There are people out there who don't understand what you are doing and don't have the courtesy to keep it to themselves.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Very interesting question, and one I can definitely relate to. I love dressing up and going out. I used to get very nervous about "passing" ... but came to realize that I am really just a man in women's clothes. It may sound funny, but once I took that position and stopped trying to "pass", I became SO much more confident and relaxed ... and I pass just fine 99 percent of the time! I don't want to be a woman ... I do not consider myself to be a woman trapped in a man's body ... I just love the dressing up! Others no doubt dress for many other reasons, which is great. Yes I do love to "pass", but if I raise an eyebrow or two while I'm out it's OK.

mskilmer, you took the words right out of my mouth!

I just like the clothes.

if that what you like do it its not hurting anyone, guess you don't want to go out in public.

I'm new, just settling in
    I haven't been out in public myself, but feel a similar way - I don't have a wig, I don't shave my beard every week, and have never tried makeup.

I don't even have a mirror. Though I'm thinking about organising one - maybe that will encourage me to shave more often - always fun to try things, but it's more the feel in private for me.

Though I did venture outside in a tight black strappy cotton vest top and army pants the other day. I'm sure I've seem men wearing similar - didn't look like obvious crossdressing but it did feel it.

Mirror and mens fashion mags for reference and you might well get away with it.

Sure it's ok, there's nothing wrong with being who you are. just do whatever you are comfortable with.
    All I wear is women's clothes. In fact they are all I own. Most of what I wear isn't obviously female, but if you know what you are looking at, you could tell they are women's.
    I have no desires to be a woman. I do get all dolled up on occasion,and I do go out that way, but it is a rarity. Even though I am told I am passable, it's not my goal in life to be a woman. To me it is just for fun.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Banned Read only
    Johnboy, just do what you wanna do...

There are several members here who go out in womens clothes, sans wigs or makeup, without attempting to pass. Check out Butterfly Bill and Intertwined and Lainie and Pink Person...

There are lots of members who dress fully, but still recognize themselves as "a man in a dress" and couldn't give a hoot about whether they pass or not ...

Personally, I like to spend lots of time on presentation and do my very best, 'cos the preparation and the experimentation and the display are big thrills to me. But if i get read, I just don't care anymore. Been read every time, but never got a discouraging word.

The clothes are fun. For some of us it's makeup. For some it's lingerie. For some it's a little bit of everything. For some it's about something else entirely.

There's a lotta room here for you and any way you wanna be.

Sometimes I just go out with mens shorts and a shirt on and pantyhose. It's an adrenaline rush, but nobody seems to care or notice. When I'm in guy mode I'll still wear girls jeans because it's acceptable.

I like wearing the clothes too by themselves. The feel is way better, it's more constricted and formed to your body. Girls have the more comfortable clothes (except bras).

Mostly Harmless...
    There are no rules you need to follow. Just follow your own comfort zone. If you like to wear cloths there is nothing wrong in wearing them.

Not everyone has to want to become woman at all. Some of us do but not all. Try to be yourself and not someone else.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

If that is what you prefer, then it is okay.

Too many people are obsessed with passing.

Some have no desire to pass.

With people like yourself, the general public can be educated about cding.

I am a mixture myself. If shopping, I prefer to look female.
    Most of the time though, I wear women's clothes (and makeup when going out socially) but staying as a guy.

Once you find your true self, then you can relax.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

I hope it is OK, that is where I have been for the last 40 years. I would hate to find out that I am not doing it right now.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

It's not just okay -- it's awesome. IMHO we need more people like you who are willing to be fashion mavericks and change the rules. Just be prepared that you may get static from some of the general public. If you are a positive example of crossdressers, you will be helping to change the world for the better. Yay you!

Boy, sometimes I wonder if people even read the original posts before responding. The OP specifically says he doesn't want to wear makeup or wigs or falsies or try to look like a woman at all, and yet some people still responded with "Do you think you're passable?" and the like. Thank God at least some of you actually got what he was saying.

That's part of why I hate the whole concept of "passing." It has gotten so ingrained into the topic of crossdressing that people still bring it up even when the person talking has made it absolutely clear that they have no interest in it.

Johnboy, I think what you do is absolutely great and I hope you find the courage to get out there and do it in public. As a guy who has worn skirts in public, it feels amazing! Sure, I get the occasional "what the hell?!" look, but it's only by being out there and being myself in the clothes I like and leading by example that things will change.

I also have no interest in wigs, makeup etc. I just love wearing female clothes... unfortunately most of what I really enjoy wearing would be inappropriate for someone of my age and weight to wear in public, so I enjoy dressing in the privacy of my home and keep it there. For me it is not about feeling or acting female, it's just about wearing clothes that I am comfortable in and enjoy.

Your not alone

I am by no means a lady, though I wish sometimes I could be. I can't wear wigs or make up, but I love the clothes, so I'm a clothes horse and I love it and it sounds like there are a lot of us.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

I think a mojority of crossdressers probably want to be TG or TS. Its seems like it is easier for them to come out since they have pretty much became a woman through and through. So most probably just assume that everyone wants to be passable or not be noticed publicly.

Maybe a little off topic....

I think this is a post with a theme that we see all too often.

Why is it socially acceptable for a female to wear male clothing and not have an eyelid batted at them (unless they are probably being flirted with) yet for a male to want to wear a skirt then society screams ‘bloody murder’

If it helps with feeling more comfortable when out in public there are clothing companies that make some items for guys that the ‘norm’ would say were for gals.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

http://www.midasclothing.com/pages/

Here is a resource site as well …

http://www.zyra.org.uk/sk4men.htm

I know your asking the question is it OK to dress and not wear a wig / makeup etc and go out in public, but what I wanted to show you here John Boy is that there is maybe a transitional phase that you could start with and then move into more feminine gear. Basically if they see you in some stuff ‘guy stuff’ to start then after a period of time they wouldn’t bat an eyelid when you went to softer materials.

Bottom line is what we do is actually harmless. It’s really down to us to be strong and not let others opinion shape who we really are and how we wish to express ourselves.

I wish you well and remember your not alone

E