Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FtM > FtMtF Cders.

could it be that they do not see themselves as "Transguys" but as "Guys" and are therefore subject to the same emotions and interests as guys ............... so they don't see themselvesas as crossdressing "Transmales" but simply as "Crossdressers" if you wre not before reading my post, you very well maybe are now
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by onerous View Post
    .......labels are confusing aren't they?
    Bruce, my heart goes out to you. No matter what, love yourself and know that you are loved.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Awww Joni. You're such a sweet person, did you know that? You're always saying such nice things to people.

Ze, good people have reached out to me and helped me when I was going through the toughest time of my life and there was no way I could pay them back, so the least I can do is try to "pay it foward" as much as I can by listening and trying to find words of encouragement to all God's children. We are our brothers' keeper.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Not to feed a necropost (although I believe I have already done that here -- apologies if it's frowned upon), but I'd like to bring a slightly different perspective to this idea. And a simple one.

It's a fetish. Plain and simple. Although definitely male hardwired, I made peace with my female body at a young age. Mind, I still remember being six years old and wondering why the hell the Universe hadn't given me a penis yet (I did agonize over that for a long time despite the peace I made).

But even as a child I found myself actually aroused when I wore very femme clothes. That predilection never left me, much as my knowledge that I was wired a man.

It may seem confusing but I have never felt confused. I am, however, well aware that I may present a lot of confusion and potential derision from all sides, but someone else's feelings towards me is not my concern.

In any event, I hope my comment has made a semblance of sense.

Cheers,

Elric

Nah, Elric, that's a great point. Especially since you seem to have gone through that yourself. You'd definitely know what you're talking about.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar

From a GG DQ's point of view

[SIZE="3"]Back when I started dressing as a Drag Queen, boy did I confuse the hell out of people!

Its not often you meet a GG who dresses as a Drag Queen!

I think it confused people because if you are already a woman, how can you impersonate one? Well its simple, its fun. Its colorful wigs and sexy sequined gowns. Its the production of strapping yourself into the outfit, creating the illusion, putting on the makeup and being someone totally outrageous!

Its not about gender at all.

Even for male Drag Queens, gender has nothing to do with it. That is why they don't attempt to have "female" voices and are just as comfortable in either mode.

Being in drag isn't about "passing" as a woman. In truth, that's actually no where near what passes through our minds.

Its looking fierce, having fun, going over-board and in-your-face.

So... I'm a GG who dresses as a Drag Queen. I've also done the Victor/Victoria thing with presenting as a "male" impersonating a woman.

Why? Because its fun. Because it shocked them more to find out I wasn't really a man. Because life is meant to be lived... not sitting around contemplating how to live it.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post
    [SIZE="3"]I've also done the Victor/Victoria thing with presenting as a "male" impersonating a woman.[/SIZE]
    now THAT i'd love to see pics of

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    now THAT i'd love to see pics of

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Trust me when I tell you... its plain and simply NOT a pretty sight (or would that be "handsome sight", lol). You can tell I'm utterly uncomfortable for much deeper reasons than I'm ready to discuss just yet.

I can do drag and have fun. I cannot do masculine and look even remotely happy.... even if its for drag.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Lots of huggles for DD!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Trust me when I tell you... its plain and simply NOT a pretty sight (or would that be "handsome sight", lol). You can tell I'm utterly uncomfortable for much deeper reasons than I'm ready to discuss just yet.

I can do drag and have fun. I cannot do masculine and look even remotely happy.... even if its for drag.
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Plasibeau View Post
    Very interesting thread. I've often wondered something along the same lines. [Edit snip.] I'm confused because of the few FtM's I've known they were very firm on never wanted anything to do with penetration of any sort. Perhaps this and the crossdressing might be realated? Just a though. . .
    Personally, I don't think there's a big connection there. Some non-CD FtMs here don't mind that sort of thing, regardless of whether they're gay or hetero. And some hate it. It seems sexual preferences come down to personal opinion rather than identity.

Victor Victoria A women disguised as a man disguised as a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    Personally, I don't think there's a big connection there. Some non-CD FtMs here don't mind that sort of thing, regardless of whether they're gay or hetero. And some hate it. It seems sexual preferences come down to personal opinion rather than identity.
    Agreed completely, Ze.

One's personal fetishes, kinks, sexual behaviours and preferred partners are mostly unrelated to gender identity.

i.e. A strict post-op Transman can be completely hetero and completely vanilla, OR he can be completely bi and into every kink known to mankind, OR somewhere in between liking to bottom to a very dominant Domme while topping a gentleman fop. There are as infinite variables regardless of gender identity and biological function.

At least those are my thoughts on the matter.

Ok here's my slant on it....

I know who I am and personally I do not like to crossdress to female in the true sense of the word. Now before I started on 'T' It wouldn't have bothered me to drag up and I have at Christmas for the kids in school for a laugh. Now I don't think I could do that coz even the thought of it makes me feel strange

The only time I entertain and it is androgenously as I can is when I go to my mothers and I have to tone down my masculinity and yuck I have to wear my bra which completely stresses me out but I deal with it for that short time I'm at my mums for her sake really. I mean with the loss of my Dad earlier this year and her age and her ill health she really don't need the hastle of me being Trans. So because I know who I am I guess I deal with it. It does feel weired and I Know dam well it's not a pretty site me trying to be fem but hey ho if it keeps the peace xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

I don't particularly enjoy dragging in girl's clothes, but I've done it, so I'll comment.

I've been a part of the GLBT/ queer community for quite some time now. I've gone to clubs/bars with drag kings and queens, and gone to drag shows at other places too. It's always something I've loved. I don't perform, but I often attend these types of things in drag.

I used to go as a guy. It was a great excitement, to bind my breasts and wear guy's clothes, and feel like perhaps for a change I was passing.

The more I wear guy's clothes and look like a guy, the more I feel that this isn't drag; it's my life. Going to a drag show as a guy feels like I'm calling it a costume, and it's not. It's how I'm most comfortable. I want to keep showing up to drag shows in drag, so sometimes I drag as a girl.

Hey, I think I'm going to put my in on this topic, it's one of those that peaks my interest...

I crossdress a lot, mostly not by my own choice (I don't have much money to buy the right clothes, so I'm stuck wearing female clothes most of the time until my whole wardrobe is fixed).

BUT, there are the rare occasions where I choose to crossdress...There's two very particular styles of dresses that I like, and I do like "schoolgirl uniforms". I hate all other women's clothing, and when I would wear said dresses and schoolgirl uniform, I would do it only by my own choice. No one else can force me into those or any other girl clothes.

It's weird, for me, it's not a fetish or a lark...I don't know what it is, really. I'm not confused about my gender in the slightest, but sometimes, crossdressing is, dare I say it, maybe even nice...to be "the boy in a dress" (as long as it's my own choice) - but it HAS to be of my own choice and my gender has to be recognized correctly so I only do it by choice indoors. I'm still trying to figure out why I do it.

Then again, I suppose it's this way for all the "feminine" things I like...I have no problem with them when *I* choose to indulge in them (vs. being forced to cause I ran out of clean proper clothes), as long as my gender is recognized.

Why do I do any of it?

- C.J.

It's funny you should bring this up. I'm not into crossdressing, but I did do it once as a kid. I had been going to go to a school where I would have had to wear a skirt as part of the uniform; naturally I disliked the idea; in the end I went to another school -- though not because of the uniform problem! The skirt I'd have had to wear remained hanging in the closet, and one day -- I must have been about 12 or 13 -- I put it on, because Lyra in Philip Pullman's Northern Lights (American title The Golden Compass) wears skirts and I liked the character and wanted to see what it felt like. Alone in the apartment, I walked around in the skirt for a while, and I distinctly remember thinking, "But I feel like I'm cross-dressing. I feel like a boy might if he were wearing a skirt. What does that mean?" It was one of the big confirmations that I really was trans.

My
    I have been "crossdressing"(?) back and forth most of my life.. From the times of playing house with my friends, I was always (and happily) the husband or the Prince. Sometimes even adding rolled up socks to my costumes for "effect". It felt normal for me to be a man/boy one minute, and then a girl in a flowing skirt the next.
    Two days ago I dressed as "manly" as I could (even added baby sideburns and bushier brows) and was so comfortable, and yesterday felt the urge to wear a skirt with a bikini top and was equally comfy.
    In middle school I would do my best to dress like Joey Lawrence, baggy ripped jeans, white tank (with sports bras), flannel around the waist with an old leather jacket and trashed boots. I'd also wear short leather skirts with fishnets on odd days.

As of right now, I'm not planning on Transitioning as I kinda like this duality. And plus there are some changes I would not like if I went on T. I hate having hair anywhere on me besides my scalp. Tho I would love to be able to sculpt my muscles with more ease, but I have P!nk to look at for inspiration. Hmm, I'm feeling inspired already.

Things aren't going to change if we keep quiet. Sure it gets hard and redundant at times..constantly having to educate or re-educate people, but its all to make it easier for those coming out after us.
    Some people like to wear pants, some like to wear skirts.. Don't see why people can't like both. Each to their own!

Hi, Pirate! I don't think I've seen you before, so nice to meetcha!

Hi Ze! Lovely to make your acquaintance too!

I cant remember if it was in the MtF section or the young one section but there is a some what new post about a MtF crossdressing back to male attire. When I CD I like to wear my guy hoodies and sometimes my guy shirts, so I believe that it should be pretty common.

Hi, johnboy. I'm a bit confused by your post; are you referring to MtF CDing or FtM CDing (this thread)?

I might find it a little odd but I can see why some FtMs crossdress to F. It seems like most do it out of the fun factor. I personally wouldn't like doing it; I'm not particularly fond of women's clothing and going back to being all femmed up, makeup and all, is pretty much a hell for me.