Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality, very depressing .

Reality, very depressing .

I bought a camera yesterday, and kind of wish I didn't.

Reality is, and cameras don't lie, I'm BUTT UGLY.
    I was going to build an album, but no way, I'd scare most of you away.

Good thing the closet isn't so bad.
    And I'll save money not buying "going out" clothes.

You girls that look good are so lucky.
    Now I know how the not so good looking girls in school felt.

Oh well at least I'm healthy.

I'll have to "go out" by reading your successes, not the worst thing in the world.

NOT TRUE !!

I take horrible pictures, period. Don't judge yourself by a pic, it is only a moment in time. I took a video to a professional studio to get the exact frame I wanted for a sailing picture to be blown up and framed. If you scroll thru the frames you will see some God awful facial expressions that make up for instance, a smile. I was surprised. Models know how to get the right pose perfectly at the right time. That's why they are models. We are not.
    Last edited by Chrissie P; 09-09-2009 at 01:20 PM.
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

lol....If you want ugly I can show you ugly! Actually that's why I have never posted an avatar.

Your avatar looks just fine to me. The few times I have used my camera was just to be able to get an objective look at myself and hopefully use what I see to make improvements.

btw...Hi from another NE Ohio CD.

Give yourself a break. You should realize that most of us who do post pictures have taken literally hundreds. You don't get to see them all. Also, at least in my case, I have the advantage of having someone tell me where to look or hold my head. There are a lot of tricks to making yourself look better. Certain poses will always make you look like a guy. Try and relax and above all SMILE!. Practice practice practice. and erase the bad ones
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Oh knock it off. Really. Your current avatar looks great, girl. We are our own worst enemies and harsher on ourselves than anyone else. To me, us girls, tgirls, are like real girls. We look better than some and worse than others, just like ggirls do. We are all unique and all pretty, no matter what.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar

The "Pretty" setting on your camera

My camera has a "pretty" setting with a little flower on it. When I use that setting and shoot from a distance, everything is nicely fuzzy.

Some people say that flower is for macro mode.

All I know is that It makes me look great in the distance, at twilight, with the light behind me.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Ugly, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. From what I see you are not ugly at all. Practice makes perfect and taking good shots is a lot more then pointing a camera and tripping the shutter. Study the poses and facial expressions you like an this site and give them a try. Experiment with camera angles and lighting Plus, with time you get better and better at make-up, etc.

Believe me when I tell you I've seen many "butt ugly" GG's its not the look its what's behind it, your heart, that matters anyway.

The rest is all techniques that maybe you've not learned. Unless you go around with full facial hair there is some GG out there that looks as "Bad" or worse than you. At this time it seems impossible but its true.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I could paper ten billboards with the FUGLY pix I've taken. Lighting can be your best friend AND worst enemy. Keep playing with the camera and figure out what works. If you like what you see in the mirror, you can reproduce it in a photo given the right lighting and angles. Don't beat yourself up about it!

Maybe, but

The avatar is tiny. So it's not so bad.
    The 5M originals were SCAREY.

I simply can't shave due to "guy life" and my biceps are way too big to pass, but they have to be for the "guy thing".

I think I live in three conflicting worlds.
    My wife moved out partially because all I care about is the "guy thing"
    I can't "femm-up" due top the "guy thing"
    My wife would hold CDing against me as power if we divorce, so she doesn't know.

I wanted to PM and add a picture or two to a trusted friend or two, but haven't figured it out. I think a lot of times responses to posts are sugar-coated. If I'm a 1 on a 10 scale, then so be it.

Its a geat picture!

I see a beautiful woman yearning for acceptance. I accept you as you are. By the way cameras almost always lie, mine almost always does.
    It takes a lot to do what you did and you did it very well!
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Dianne,

Don't be so hard on yourself. First of all unless you're an experienced photographer you're unlikely to be able to show yourself at your best. The camera does lie given half a chance. Secondly, choose clothes which hide you bad points and emphasise your goo points. Loose, long sleeves are ideal for hiding big arms.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Gold Member
    OK look, I don't know if you are how pretty, but here is the thing -

you would not believe how many photos you see on sites like this make the person look way better than what they really are.

Some people are not photogenic, I am one. I look better real life than in a photo. I think cameras DO lie. Or at the very least cameras, old and new, can be tricked.

Now here is something else - OK so you are feeling ugly. What ytou should do is look in the mirror and look for things you can change. Think about lifestyle changes you coud make that would improve your external beauty and internal health.
    Think you are too heavy? Start exercising more and watch the diet. Don;t like your own style? LEarn what women of your age and build wear normally and you can blend in better. Face too masculine? find a hairstyle that shapes your face a little nicer. Beard too thick? Get some electro or laser to at least reduce it, or if money is an issue, do like me and tweeze the black, thick hairs (time consuming but worth it.)

Like I said - even the prettiest photos you see here, I bet $100 if you saw most of them in person you would be saying "THIS is the person I was so jealous/envious of?"
    The camera's eye -
    I could take some photos of my crummy apartment and it would give the idea that this place is a mansion. Photography is an art my friend. Ever been to graceland in Tennessee? Not nearly as fab as the brochures make things look.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Trust me, I'm a photographer: the camera always lies. The trick is to make it tell the particular lie that you want.
    It takes time and effort, and as the others have said, you throw away a lot of nearly-good shots.
    And regarding your comments that you can't look feminine because of your "guy life", well, that's ultimately your choice. You can do a lot to look more feminine (see above) but some of it will be apparent while you're in drab. That's the way of it.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Add a little more gut & I would think I'm looking in a mirror.

When you look at woman, are they all beautiful? I bet not. We all have a look that is our own. Try different clothes. I have large biceps also. I found that a short sleeve sweater hides them some and the sweater feels awesome.

Aspiring Member
    Thanks for the laugh. The "butt ugly" was too much.

Seriously, it only really matters what you feel like when dressed. At least that's what it is for me and I'd venture to say, so too for a great many on this site.

Just enjoy dressing and what it does for you and quit thinking you can look like a movie star, or like some of the lucky select few here who actually do look good and can pass.

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    dont let a couple of well chosen photos fool you! No one has providence over the way they look and no one is every one hundred percent happy with the way they look.
    Living the life I choose!

I feel the same way sometimes most of the pictures i take aren't very good. Some may look ok on the camera but when u upload them they don't look as good. I know how u feel but it gets better.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Gold Member
    Dianne...we're all our own worst critics. Don't be shy and just practice and you'd be surprised what you can accomplish...If I can do it...you certainly can!!

Silver Member
    good photo taking is an art---even the prettiest of us have taken hundreds of photos and only the few exceptional ones see the light of day---and I've seen real pretty photos where the gurl didn't look any where near as nice in real life and seen photos that didn't look so good when the gurl was quite attractive in the flesh----my advice is to concentrate on hair makeup, foundation garments and clothes---get some advice from another well put togather CD or GG if you can and then when you master those skills go to a professional photographer who specializes in gurls like us and have him put togather an alubm for you---you will be amazed at the results
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

there is always tricks to make you look better all the girls have gave you great advice and Ithink attitude and confidence comes ahead of beauty and besides beauty is only skinn deep

Dianne don't blamt the camera or yourself. We each have a way to beautify ourselves. Dressing our age helps. Of course I would rather dress 30 years younger. We look better as women when we dress the part (makeup included)

Take loads of pics and you mat be surprised that some will be fair to good don't give up girl.
    Angie

Banned Read only

pictures steal your soul anyway

Quote Originally Posted by DianneRoberts View Post
    Reality is, and cameras don't lie, I'm BUTT UGLY.
    Oh honey, I know how you feel but I know for a fact that you're dealing with issues of how you feel versus how you look and it has nothing to do with what you actually look like.

I feel so pretty when I'm made up and then I pass a mirror and see that I'm just a stupid boy in a wig. Oh sure people say otherwise but I know the truth so I continue to work on it.

That's the key isn't it? Practice makes perfect, or at least a heck of a lot better. Every single week I get more confident because I get a little bit better at my presentation.

You are in a tough spot because you're hanging on to the "guy" look but if you're willing to make some compromises, I've seen some total dudes transform into some pretty hot chicks so I know it can be done. One Tgirl I know doesn't even shave her legs but she's still very convincing anyway.

You just gotta believe baby, and keep working at it.

Just between you and me, my last three albums were taken with a digital video camera. That means I had literally HUNDREDS of frames to choose from and the few pics you see are the best of them. That means what? One in fifty? If you like how I look now, I promise you I looked totally different a few months ago when I got started. If you don't like how I look, I promise you I'll look better in a few months. ;-)

Hang in there sweetie,

-Misty