Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about wearing male clothes?

I'm with the ladies who say men's clothing is boring. Regardless of wether you are a CD'er or TG or whatever variation. Our clothes are boring, we have few to no options. A t-shirt is a t-shirt, I don't care what kind of neckline it has, jeans are jeans. Shoes... well regardless of style it's all the same, switch between flats / heels... that alone can change you're entire outlook along with how you feel. Female clothing is so varied you can go completely different ways without a second thought depending on size of current wardrobe.

Oddly enough, in my case anyway having spent more and more time (roomate has been very busy so is rarely home) dressed it has come down to comfort. Not comfort based on being myself but plain physical comfort. Practical or not if there was a way I'd be wearing a skirt / dress full time. I've come to hate pants in particular. Mostly drab & guy in a skirt mode but I feel better in every way. My male clothes for all intents and purposes are collecting dust and I feel great.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Caroline,

Have you considered not wearing the necktie in male mode? A recent survey stated that only 5 percent of the working population wears neckties. It is becoming a thing of the past. I hate neckties because they are FORCED upon men just because they are male. It is extremely discriminatory. If women were forced to always wear skirts they would never do it. Males should get the courage to ditch the tie and just say that it is discriminatory and that they don't want to wear it. I simply do not approve of what the necktie stands for/symbolizes.

Jamie
    Okkkk. But nothing look nicer than a pale teal dress shirt and a dark pink tie with a dark blue business suit! Just ask all the women I work with.. They love my atire... And I don't have to dress up.. I choose to dress up.. My boss doesn't wear a tie... and even though I'm not as pretty as when I'm enfemme... I take pride I'm my looks no mather which gender's clothing I wear.. Ohhh and I'm more than fine wearing male clothing...

Hey.... I'll burn my neckties if you burn your bras?? Except my Steelers neckties. Or my Penguine teckties.... Ohh the pink one either. Hahahaha. .
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I only wear male clothing when I have to. I would love to wear skirts and dresses all the time.

Karen Sue

So for the last 5 years I have subtly been rebelling against male clothes? I realized a few months ago that if it isn't a nice polo (that I KNEW was sort of androgynous) that I had way too many Hawaiian shirts. I thought it was because I am messy and they hide stains.

Because local ordinances require that I wear something and only about 20% of my clients know I dress, I have to wear male clothes. But since I lost 15 pounds, my polos look pretty good when I am in male mode, so...I don't really mind. Now if only tight pants would come back so I could show off my butt...

I miss the 70's when men's clothing WAS colorful and bright. I have a "corporate" uniform of a navy sport coat, white shirt and red tie. I look at it from time to time and opt out for something with a little more flair and individuality.

I'll bet Karren gets the evil eye from the men who fall in lockstep in the office. (where the heck you been Karren???)

Girls go crazy about a sharp dressed man
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

As I start my transition the first of Oct I will be dressing 24-7 and living as a female. Having said that I would have to say that wearing men's clothing would only be for cleaning out the hog barn................. wait....... I don't have a hog barn or any barns.
    LOL No thank you as I've done that for sixty years and now I don't have to.

Huggs Teri

Quote Originally Posted by KarenSusan View Post
    I only wear male clothing when I have to. I would love to wear skirts and dresses all the time.
    So would I. If I were a woman, unless circumstances demanded other attire, I would wear skirts or dresses all the time.

I tell my wife that, and she reminds me (with love and laughter) of the time I had to use a pay phone to call her and let her know I was an hour from home, and was safe and sound. It was a BITTERLY cold night, temps in the -5 to 0 F range. There was a wind too, up around 15-20.

So, there I was standing at an outdoor payphone with the handset nearly freezing to my hand, and the wind whipping up my skirt while I'm <shiver> trying <clackety teeth> to tell <omg it's cold!> my wife <I'm dying, I know I'm dying> I'm ok.
    Last edited by JulieC; 11-09-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Since coming to accept that I'm a crossdresser for life and that it's an expression of my female side, I've also started to enjoy nice clothes as a male more. I do tend to make somewhat different choices then I did before, I'm no longer trying to avoid being seen as a sissy or gay. I know that if I wear male clothes I like, I'll be more in tune with myself and more confident and people will perceive me that way.
    WARNING: I'm a hopeless forum troll. I sometimes get carried away in arguments. I'm not from the USA and not a native speaker, which does mean I sometimes simply misunderstand.

Mainly here to find out who I am and learn. Having a place to let of steam to understanding people in relative anonymity is great!
    ---
    Men run on testosterone, women on Toblerone.

Men's clothing is just so nothing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    I find male clothes to be boring, perfunctory appearance layers. I try to get motivated about looking good in male clothes, and find it's very hard. It's just not interesting. I walk into the men's dress shoe section and oh my! what selection! I can choose brown, or black! Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    I adore dressing as a woman and could completely do with out guy clothing. If only the would world let me. Angie
    If only ........

Cheers

Tash

I'm sure it's been said, but - -

I find male clothes very drab. Just look at a gala or premier night - the men are all in black while the women are in every color of the rainbow. And if a guy DID try something different, it would be denounced. Silks and satins and lace and frills - THAT is the way to go. My "girly" time is limited now, so I relish every moment I have to flounce my femininity.
    Julie Michelle

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    Like everyone else said, I find male clothes are boring. I love the vast variety women have with their clothing. I love the sensual, soft, colorful fabrics womens clothes come in. Besides the different colors and patterns you can get with mens clothes, it's actually all the same styles; not very exciting.

If I could, (or should I say, could get away with it) I'd wear womens clothes 24/7! But alas, back on Earth, I have to accept the fact that I cannot; I have to wear male clothes in public not only because my wife would probably hate me for it but my Military career could be at stake if someone caught me all dress up in womens clothes. I can't take the risk of hurting my marriage and/or career.
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

Borrrreeeeedddd!

Well, I'm still living as a man and only "letting out Alana" once a week or so, however, I am soooooo bored with men's clothes. They're so drab and plain.

I wear male clothing when I have to, but only when I have to. I work form home when not traveling, so I usually get some time each day to dress as Nicole. On most days, when I venture out of the house it is en fem, why put on that other person's clothing when I can wear a pretty dress or a cute skirt or blouse.

Recently I find that I am spending a majority of the money that is spent on clothing for new dresses, skirts an heels. If I buy a pair of jeans, I have spent a lot on male clothing.

I enjoy being Nicole much more than being my male self. If it were possible I would be living full time as Nicole and dressing in the clothing I so greatly adore.

Nicole

In a single word [(confined)]. Female clothes are less restrictive in how I do things. I do not have to act macho wearing them. If I feel the tendency to have watery eyes< I don't have to hide them. The choices of the clothes are staggering where mens clothing is boring. This is brobably why most of us have more femme clothes than male.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    In a single word [(confined)]. Female clothes are less restrictive in how I do things. I do not have to act macho wearing them. If I feel the tendency to have watery eyes< I don't have to hide them. The choices of the clothes are staggering where mens clothing is boring. This is brobably why most of us have more femme clothes than male.
    My corsett and girdle would disagree with that first statement... as would my tight knit tops and tight leather skirt. (The pvc girls can jump in any time and help out here?). I've seen women in jeans so restrictive that their eye bulged out... And guys wearing pants so baggy that all you see is their underware... I could go on and on.........
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I wear male clothes for two reasons: 1) when it is what is expected of me; 2) utilitarian. I wear women's clothes at all other times.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    My corsett and girdle would disagree with that first statement... as would my tight knit tops and tight leather skirt. (The pvc girls can jump in any time and help out here?). I've seen women in jeans so restrictive that their eye bulged out... And guys wearing pants so baggy that all you see is their underware... I could go on and on.........
    ...and then there's hockey pads.

Some of my men's clothing is actually from the women's department because it seems to be getting harder to find men's clothing that shows some skin. I seem to no longer be able to find men's tank tops or men's shorts that don't come down your knees. I know that they used to make them because I have some, but the recent ones that I have bought were from the women's department.

Coat and Tie have been replaced with business casual. Sometime the button down shirt and slacks, with shine shoes, hides what is underdressed. Inspire by Karyn, I spent three days this week with panties and 18 inch full slip. Two days with pantyhose added, under. Yup the male stuff is Blah!

Wearing male clothes ?

Wearing male clothes ?
    - It's not going to happen ever again

Am i the only one that likes wearing male clothes. Not all male clothing are boring like many keep saying. I enjoy both styles of clothes no matter if male or female clothing.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

I don't like wearing male clothes!!! Boo...

I feel like im wearing sandpaper

I am wearing man-clothes right now. I do not feel like less of a woman. I'm not vexed by them, I'm just not as physically comfortable. Nothing beats a nice skirt on my lower half during a cool evening like this one. I just don't have one at the moment. So I'll just roll up the legs on my sweats and pretend.

Additionally, lime green isn't a flattering color. If anything, that's bugging me far more than being without any pretty black skirts. I just have nothing else to wear, really. No other t-shirts, except this one right here.

So why do I have a lime-green t-shirt in the first place if I hate it so much? Well...

My Mother - "Oh, [me], it's a good color for you!"

Me - "I look like I should be squirted into a cocktail."

My Mother - "Yellow's a good color for you, too, actually..."

Just imagine that looping forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

I spend 95% of the time dressed like most of the women I know, jeans and a T shirt. I often wear women's jeans and panties underneath but get no thrill from that. Once or twice a month I go out enfemme and have a great time.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    I find male clothes to be boring, perfunctory appearance layers. I try to get motivated about looking good in male clothes, and find it's very hard. It's just not interesting. I walk into the men's dress shoe section and oh my! what selection! I can choose brown, or black! Woohoo! What's new in men's fashion? Suits! The same suits they've been selling for >100 years. BORING.

I don't mind wearing male clothes. It's just not interesting to me.
    I hear ya. I'm incredibly bored by wearing male clothing. I try my best to look good in them, but it's hard to look good in a t-shirt. *laughs*