Thread: Frustrated

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl

Frustrated

I'm not here to say that I'm frustrated over the anything serious, like my gf won't accept me or anything serious. I am here to say that I am frustrated with the fact that I can't get what I want right now. I can go out whenever I want (no girlfriend), I can dress at home everyday and I can basically do what I want. I am frustrated because of my financial situation and with that situation I can't get anything I want. I love shopping, I really enjoy shopping, and I really love the outfits that I see everyday, but now I can't buy anything. I really want these things but the money is tight, really tight. Today, I went to Burlington Coat factory and they had these 4.5" platform peep toe burgandy heels which I loved. They were only $19, but I had to think whether I wanted those heels or pay for my son's daycare (daycare wins everytime). I know I shouldn't be upset and it really shows that I am materialistic but won, some of the styles that women have and the numerous number of items, colors and again styles really, really made me upset and frustrated.

Anyone feels this way?

Gold Member
    Oh yes Liz. Tho I don't have a child to care for, I know what you mean. Very little cash flow = very little shopping = total frustration!!!!

I do get frustrated at times mostly on the part not being be able to dress at times or accept a date with a nice guy because it conflicts with my guy schedule

yes i totaly understand how you feel. it's hard to go to a store and see a super deal on a dress or outfit you would like to have but dont have any money for it

latindancer, Take care of your financial priorities first. The last thing I hate to see or hear of is that you spent x amount of dollars on a wordrobe , and went broke , and are being evicted. The famous saying of "guns vs. butter" applies, except in a cd'er's world it's more like "dresses vs. a hot meal".

I've been there. Maybe forums like this one make CD'ing enticing or competitive that you feel the need to keep up with some of the more experienced people here, I don't know. I never worry about that. I live within my means. If I can't shop this month, I won't shop. All I can say is plan for the long haul, and invest in clothes over time. No one is going to criticize you. The only problem with women's clothes is the transient aspect of ever-changing style season by season. I try not to buy anything that will look like last year or 10 years ago.

FYI, Payless Shoe seems to have the most current syles with the smallest price, instead of killing your wallet at Nordstrom. That's how you gotta think....unless there is something so mindblowing that you gotta have it at any cost.

My financial situation isnt this tight but I do understand in a certain way, having to choose between obligation and yourself. Sometimes... but... thats life and thats the way it is for me, I can only take it and try to make things better. I know its easy to just say, its hard to actually do it, but good luck to us all I guess.

To our income and shopping!!! Banzai!!!

I feel your pain. I to am in a finacial crunch, I have been out of work since the last of January. Let me say that I am proud of you for choosing your son's daycare over buying something for your feminine side. Here Is a big Congradualtions and a big ,"YOU GO GIRL"

Elizabeth, I have been in your shoes, err, ahh, situation - not with day care but overall. I can fully understand and appreciate your frustration.

Life is a delicate balance for sure. and, the choices can be hard to accept. It does sound like you are keeping your families true needs at the top and should be admired for that.

Take heart, pull yourself up by the garters, don't let your nickers get all knotted up over it, and persevere. Things will improve. You do what you can, when you can. That's what we all do.

Huggs
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

i know exactly how you feel. i was in kohls today and tried on a pair of really cute strappy gladiator style sandals that were marked down from $45 to $15, as well as a few pairs of awesome jeans, as well as couple of perfect fitting shirts. i walked out empty-handed because money is too tight right now. the thing is, the sandals were the last pair and oddly enough the perfect size. i'm going back on monday...hopefully they're still there waiting for me.

Aspiring Member

I feel your pain

Girl, I am in the same boat as you. Finances are soo tight as well. I literally have to force myself to stay away from burlington coat factory. One near me has some of the cutest shoes, that I would buy them all if I could. One thing I do try to follow is the Idea of treating yourself to something every paycheck. Whether it be big or small, you really need to reward yourself before it all goes out to bills. Now I got the urge to go check out those peeptoes. lol
    Rachel

I found a cure for my blues at the local thrift store. What I can spend in the department store for one pair of shoes I go to the thrift store and can usually pull out a couple of outfits. Shoes can be hard to come by for some of us, but I only wear a size 9 - 9.5 so most of the time I can find my shoes there too.
    [SIZE="2"]All those that believe in telekenesis, raise my hand.[/SIZE]

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    Girls, I think it's not just the frustration about the finances but also the frustration that there is so many styles and options. I look everywhere in the department stores and I just about love everything I see.

I know what's more important though and my son will always be at the top. I will reward myself with an item once in a while but it will be at a very very very discounted price. I also know that this is the position I placed myself by trying to live this way. (Trying to be frugal to pay off my high debt on the credit cards so I can get rid of them). Not use to not buying what I want, but I'll get use to it. Once those credit cards are gone, trust me, I will splurge on myself....

Thanks girls for listening

Elizabeth

I'm purty sure we ALL feel this way, including the GG's, but that is pretty much life. Very few of us can have everything we want and so we must chose and set priorities. That my friend, is why I'm such a huge fan of Goodwill. :-)

Banned Read only

yes Girl

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    I do get frustrated at times mostly on the part not being be able to dress at times or accept a date with a nice guy because it conflicts with my guy schedule
    I don't really have any frustrations in regard to my girl life, except for the whole part-time thing. Not being out in my professional life basically limits my fem activities to the weekend. Of course I know that probably doesn't sound so awful to a lot of my friends here.

Oh that reminds me, the most frustrating thing about being a tranny is a lack of tranny friends. I've met maybe half a dozen great girls in the last three months but almost all of them are part-time themselves with slightly different schedules, or slightly different reasons for dressing, or etc etc.

I guess the GG's are right, it's hard to find good girlfriends.

Too bad you're not closer Barbara, we could have a blast bothering the boys.

-Misty

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I'm purty sure we ALL feel this way, including the GG's, but that is pretty much life. Very few of us can have everything we want and so we must chose and set priorities. That my friend, is why I'm such a huge fan of Goodwill. :-)
    I was going to say basically the same. The first thought in my head tho were , "wow, you fit into the real world of a single mom". Some of us anyway, lived on budgets for years, and learn to deal without or find thrift shops, not only for buying for ourselves but for our children.

It's natural to get frustrated when you want something and cannot obtain it. I feel for you girlfriend.

Just my opinion as a GG.
    My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others.
    - Marquis de Sade

My frustration is just the opposite, I see something I would love to buy but figure why buy it when I won't get the chance to wear it.

Amen sisters!!!! Ditto!

Aspiring Member
    I am in a similar situation. I don't have a very large wardrobe and feel the need to shop. But like most everyone else I have too much debt (long story) that I can't even afford to shop at a thrift shop right now. And going down further as the days grow shorter. Hope we all can survive until the turnaround in the economy, gurls.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty is Kindafem View Post
    I don't really have any frustrations in regard to my girl life, except for the whole part-time thing. Not being out in my professional life basically limits my fem activities to the weekend. Of course I know that probably doesn't sound so awful to a lot of my friends here.

Oh that reminds me, the most frustrating thing about being a tranny is a lack of tranny friends. I've met maybe half a dozen great girls in the last three months but almost all of them are part-time themselves with slightly different schedules, or slightly different reasons for dressing, or etc etc.

I guess the GG's are right, it's hard to find good girlfriends.

Too bad you're not closer Barbara, we could have a blast bothering the boys.

-Misty
    yes...