Thread: Is this your Drivers License?

Is this your Drivers License?

That’s what the police officer said as he did a double take, looking at me and the picture.
    Was on my way to meet up with Q (not even her real initial) for a morning get together. Driving along in my work truck doing about mid 50's mph and didn’t see the sign noting a speed reduction to 40 mph. Clear bright day, little traffic.
    Did see that flashing blue ski rack show up in my rear view mirror. “Nuts, I’m gonna be late.” Thinking quick where my registration was and reaching for my purse, while putting on turn signal and pulling over safely, braking carefully, (kinda tricky with heels on). Roll down window and hold out required items, other hand visible on steering wheel.
    “I stopped you for speeding, You were clocked at 57 mph in a 40 mph zone.”
    Looking at the picture and then at me, I see the mental disconnect happen and the quick look of confusion. “Is this your license?”
    [ insert regular guy voice]
    “Yeah it’s me, I’m on my way to a party”
    Police officer response:
    “Aw right, … you could have fooled me, I’ll be right back”
    Heads to patrol car to do that “radio call in, check for wants or warrants, thing” that they always do. Comes back in a few minutes, hands me license and registration, along with written warning. Admonishes me about driving fast and says “Have a nice day”
    “I’ll sure try to” is my answer. ( BTW I did)
    Now I have to “make up time” by driving carefully and within the limit, at least until I get out of that town. Then I “floored it” and was on time.

No “melting makeup” or sick, sinking feeling. Just a normal traffic stop and I’m on the receiving end. Been there done that.

Another CD check off thing to add to my “to do list”
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

You did well so you go girl

Driver's License

Hi Phyliss, that was a great response"going to a party". I gotta remember that one. BTW, glad you had a great time with"Q"

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Now the question that'll really get you thinking... if you matched your picture, would you have still been spared the ticket?
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Hi Phyliss,

That would have been a nerve racking experience for me. After reading reading all of the 'adventures' that the girls have had with police stops I get a little worried about be stopped myself since I tend to go out as Nicole quite a bit. In fact, I had a dream, well actually more of a nightmare, not too long ago.

I dreamed that I was stopped for some infraction of the local law and asked to 'step out of the vehicle'. I was then asked for my credentials, and like you, was told to wait while the officer went back to his cruiser. There I stood, in my short black dress, jet black stockings and 4" slingbacks waiting for the officer to return. When he finally did I was told to walk a straight line toe to heel. Well, this is hard enough to do in flats, let alone 4" slingbacks. Needless to say, I was so nervous that I trip and stumbled all over the place.

At this point I spun around and saw that the officer was laughing his head off and waved for me to return to him. He apologized for the entire incident and that he had seen me driving around earlier and wanted to meet me. Once he stopped me and saw the discrepancy between my appearance and the picture on my license, he had to have some fun with me.

Turns out that this officer was actually one of the girls that I often chat with on this forum, one who doesn't post her picture, and that once he got a good look at me, he recognized me from my picture on the forum. Unfortunately, this is when I woke up and I never did get to find out who he actually was. What a bummer...

Nicole

Good for you Phyliss, now slow it down because we don't want to read that you were in an accident. You are to precious to many of us.

Huggs Teri

My experience with a cop...

Fantastic stories!!!
    On one of my first journeys... I waited until dark then went to a park. Not the best of ideas as I found out later that this particular park was a hangout and meeting place for prostitutes. Well, I'm standing there in the parking lot wearing a skirt and heels, lipstick... You know the works. When a police officer pulls up and asks my name and what I was doing there. Told him my name, almost forgot my address, then told him the truth. That I am just a crossdresser enjoying the night air. That's when he told me about this park. I was a little freaked because I don't want anyone to think I am some sort of prostitute. The officer asked if I wanted to remain at the park... Heck no! So, I left. Went home and washed off all of the makeup. Never to return to that park again!

Glad things worked out for you Phyliss!
    I just want to look pretty.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Phyllis-

Sounds like you handled it like the lady you are. Well done. Lucky for me, so far I've never been pulled over enfemme (knock on wood) maybe because I drive more carefully in girlmode, also I don't flip people off as much<G>.

The only thing I've ever had close to that was in a gift shop at PDX (Portland, OR) when I had to show my ID along with my credit card. The little salesgirl did the cutest double take and said, "Is this really you?" I admitted that it was indeed me, moustache and all, on my license. Her reply was, "You look better today." My sentiments as well.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

LOL Well good for you for taking it so well. Wanna bet you would have got a ticket if you had NOT been dressed? And no, I'm not saying that he was smitten and gave you a break, but I read here over and over about people getting warnings when dressed. I wonder of that is the cop being nice, or maybe he is just not interested in the complications. lol

Aspiring Member
    JennyS, I bet when you were growing up your parents kept telling you "It's always better to tell the truth".
    In your case the truth really worked out well didn't it?

What a nice guy! I'm glad you got a break. O

both of you handled it well hun glad it din't ruin your day
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Well at least it was only a written warning. And I glad you had a nice day after that.
    Angie

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    No offense, hon, but your avatar is a whole lot cuter.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    No offense, hon, but your avatar is a whole lot cuter.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    None taken

I hope my avatar is cuter. Guess that's why he made the comment about being fooled.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

There are going to be times in our CD life that the unexpected happens. If you start to venture out, be careful! But, if something does happen remain calm like Phyllis did. That's the lesson here... Be truthful, and stay calm. I posted a couple of weeks ago about a man that began to follow me while I was out. Scared the crap outta me! But, I feel like I remained pretty calm and just went into a store.
    What I'm trying to say is, don't panic and everything will work itself out.
    I just want to look pretty.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Phyliss, I had the same type of run in in Connecticut. I was going to a local gurls meeting There was a lot of work being done on I 84 going in to Hartford. I had taken the back roads to get past the road work. As I was going the speed limit down this narrow rd I saw a car coming towered me. I dim my lights an as we passed I saw it was a local cop car. Moving on but watching my rear view mirror I saw that he turned into a drive way an was turning around. Then his lights come on as he came up behind me, as the rd was narrow I kept going to get to a wider part of the rd as I felt he had a call and needed to get by. Well he pulls up behind me, I then reach to move my pot of venison chille to a safer place. I then go for my reg , an ins cards. He walks up to the car looks at me as I hand him my papers. I tell him I am a cross dresser and am going to a meeting of our club. He looks at me moves back to his car. As I wait another cop car comes. O K now I think I am in some kind of trouble . He then comes back an asks me to get out of the car and move to the back as I was moving around in the car when he stopped me. I tell him of the chile and had to get the papers, still to the back with the other police officer so he can look thur the car. I as you can guess have a on heels 3 inch short skirt, white blose, my long black wig, an make up. At the back of my car the cops cars have all there high beams on and all the flashing lights . So as traffic come's by here I stand in all my glory with the locals looking me over. He then come 's to the back an said to me do you know why I stopped you. With out a step lost I said : not for a date : Well he smiled and told me my high beam light was OUT. He then gave me back my paper work and let me go with a waring to get the light fixed. I also offer them some chille but they declined. You have to not PANIC an all will maybe go all right,for me it did. Happy driving JO P. S. I am all so 69
    Last edited by Josephine 1941; 09-13-2009 at 11:12 AM.

In Florida,often your girl pic comes up!

For some of us with state ID cards in girl mode,it is that pic that comes up when the officer runs your license on their in car computers! Makes it interesting to see how they handle that one. The officer that stopped my truck for an "obstructed license plate" came back and asked me "what my middle name is." With that,he was satisfied that both boy and girl pics were me. And,I went on my way with a warning. I was told at the registry when I got the girl mode ID,that the last pic taken is the one on record..keeps things interesting here in the South,for sure.

I had a very similar experience last month. My AC was out, so I ventured out --I had been en femme most of the evening, and I was sweltering. I decided that I'd risk walking past a neighbor in order to hop in the car and head to a nearby convenience store for a cold drink. No neighbors were around, and I hopped into my car unobserved. The clerk at the store was super nice the way guys are when they think they might have a shot at a girl. I was all smiles back, paid for a ginormous bottle of gatorade and bounced back to my car. No sooner than I left the parking lot of the store, my car was bathed in the blue lights of a police cruiser. I knew at an instant what had prompted the stop-- I failed to put my headlights on as I pulled away. Ugh! The cop didn't ask about the validity of my license (that totally would have been a compliment,) but I could tell there some momentary confusion before his training kicked in. He totally forgot about the insurance verification that I couldn't find, but other than that, he was a total professional, and only took about ten minutes of my time to run the plates and give me a verbal warning to "try to keep your lights on."

I too consider this a box checked

Phyliss,

You and I still have the old style DL. We're the last of the Mohicans, so to speak.

Katrina

It is a good thing that we do not use the DMV photographers to do our avatars.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

When I went out recently fully dressed I parked my car in the lot for a bar across the street where I'm a regular, but is a "parking for this establishment only" type of lot. Even though I park in this lot all the time and know that they don't really tow, I was a little paranoid all night that I was going to leave the club I was at and go back to my car to find it had been towed, with all my male clothes and my wallet inside my trunk (all I brought with me was some cash and my ID). Dealing with impound lots and such is bad enough in drab.

Luckily the car was left untouched.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

"On my way to a party"

Thank you, I shall remember that one. I live in fear being stopped by the police or having a breakdown.

On my way to a party.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Nice story good get-a-way. Funny thing is my license is do for renewal and I was thinking of girl mode. I have long hair so I won't be hiding my real features. I'll let you know if I do. It won't be all girl just the face, If I go all girl they may have a problem for sure.