Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to QUIT COLD TURKEY

Trying to QUIT COLD TURKEY

Well I had one really NICE dress up session on Thursday. Dressed full enfemme, It was nice because been awhile. But I am trying to quit. So many things have changed in my life like my four month old son. Not to mention my wife asking some questions it is getting hard to dress. So Thursday after my nice five hours being dressed I had a burning ceromony. I burnt everything all my dresses(some nice ones),my make up and my breast forms and all my nylons and bras and nighties. It was tough. Oh I even burnt my blonde wig. I am worried I did the wrong thing I loved that stuff. I want to however quit for my son and wife even though she just has an idea. That stuff was hard to get, hiding it and all. Has anyone ever tried to quit cold turkey, it is VERY difficult. I know burning that stuff was bad but I had to get rid of it as to not be able to get and I did not know what else to do with it so no one would see it. Well Thanks for reading you ladys have a GREAT day.

Stacy

I wish you all the best with that. You do know that the odds are against you don't you? Repression can be a strong motivator, please be careful.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

omg you burned everything? bad idea, sorry.

I wish you the best in stopping your dressing. Only time and your determination will tell if you are successful.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Quitting

I tried many times and or the same reasons as you mostly. It never stuck and it cost me quite a bit of money. It's harder to quit dressing than it is to quit smoking, which I did successfully even tho it took me a few years. So I wish you good luck. Hugs, Kathy

I purged!

I joined the United States Marine Corps to purge!

I did twenty years in the Marine Corps to purge!

I did twenty years in the Corps as a Grunt to purge!

I did two years as a Marksmanship to purge!

I did two years as a Marine Primary Marksmanship Instructor to purge!

I did eight years as a Marine Drill Instructor to purge!

I've spent years in Iraq, Kuwiat, Gernada, Cuba, the Domician Republic, Haiti, Nicaragua, Honduras, yada~yada

I jumped out of C-140's to purge!

Yet?

Here I sit in nylon lace panties, long nylon night gown, shave body?

The statistics towards quitting cold turkey aside, why burn everything? Couldn't you have least made an anonymous donation to a local goodwill or salvation army drop box so that the clothes could have made a positive effect on someone else's life?

Couldn't have been any more conspicuous than a bonfire.

I don't think burning silicone is such a smart idea anyway....fumes are probably hazardous. It sounds like your "quitting" for external reasons and not internal ones, probably doomed to purchase more stuff then...

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I jumped out of C-140's to purge!

Yet?

Here I sit in nylon lace panties, long nylon night gown, shave body?
    did you sing
    "C-140 rolling down the strip, airborne ranger gonna take a little trip..."

But yeah the femme side will come back, and you will be buying a new wardrobe.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Awww...and just before halloween too!

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkeyOnRye View Post
    Couldn't you have least made an anonymous donation to a local goodwill or salvation army drop box so that the clothes could have made a positive effect on someone else's life?
    exactly what i did. never did a 100% purge though....maybe 75% (kept the best stuff).

Many crossdressers go through phases where they will renounce their urges and get rid of all their clothes, makeup etc. (“purging”). Most eventually give in to the continuing urge to dress and buy everything all over again (“binging”) which becomes quite expensive
    My only advice is that when you feel a need to purge for whatever reason don't ..put the clothes safely
    away somewhere and when the urge to crossdress returns and it will you won't have to replace your entire wardrobe

I have tried many times, I did the Goodwiil thing and gave the girl things to them. But, I can not fight the urge to dress and the way it make me feel. The reasons why you want to are good and I wish you luck. I quit smoking three packs of cigarettes easier than could quit dressing, sorry to say. Good luck again, but, do not feel depressed if at first you do not make it.

I don't think one can quit. Anyone know someone who did quit and never came back to crossdressing? I'm just curious. Purging can get expensive...
    O

WHY are you quitting exactly?

For your baby? Unless you eventually decide to "come out," there's no reason your child need ever know about your crossdressing, any more than he would know what you do in bed.

Because your wife might find out? I can think of something you could do that is much better than purging and quitting: stop lying to your wife! Get couples counseling if you have to, to help her understand your point of view.

One ask - next time someone purges please send your size information and see if anyone on the forum wants to help you out getting rid of stuff!

A counselor convinced me to get rid of most of my stuff. Bad idea. Lost a nice prom dress and a human hair wig.

If you cannot give it away to a local cd or online buddy--next time you need to purge--just lock your stuff in a steel gun cabinet or heavy safe. Drive a hundred miles and throw the key into the woods in a park. If you change you mind it won't be easy.

Damn Elizebethan values

Been there done that. I tend to be Obsessive Compulsive about venues I enjoy. Roses, cross dressing, toy trains, movies, cigars, TV's, antiques.........

I hate guilt, that little voice on my shoulder whispering in my Right ear, telling me what I am doing is wrong. I have done this with many different hobbies, vices, personality traits, and now to save $$$, I just bury them in the basement, till the urge comes back, mine always did. I enjoy life to much.

There in nothing wrong with cross dressing so don't feel bad about it. You are just expressing your feminine self, and all men have a feminine self, just like all women have a masculine self.

If you realize down the road that you want to cross dress to explore your feminine self, remember its okay and don't beat yourself up about it. If you never cross dress again, you will be a more complete man because you once did.

When my children were born and growing up, cross dressing to a back seat, also because my wife didn't want to hear it, so It was way back in my mind for 18 years, now they age grown up and living out of state. Now I can enjoy cross dressing again and fell much better about it even though I am still alone, but that's Okay, too.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Hope it works better for the than it did for me. It just came back stronger fo me. .

Good luck, I know it's not easy, but maybe you can go a few years without thinking about it. I did five years cold turkey, seldom thought about it, oh the urge came back, but all my old stuff was out of date, wouldn't have fit anyway, and starting over means great shopping. and remember if anyone did quit, and stayed quited, we would never here about it, maybe it will work for you. But remember if the pressure gets to much, dressing is better than taking your frustration out on family, don't lose what you love trying to protect it from something harmless.
    One again I wish you the best of luck!
    Tina B.

There is really no good reason to quit. Suppressing your corssdressing urges will cause you more emotional problems and it may manifest in other more devastating ways. The best way is to accept you crossdessing because you are not really doing anything illegal or wrong. You will be alot happier by accepting and integrating crossdressing into your life.

Jamie
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Do we have a list compiled somewhere? You know that list of CD-Friendly places to shop for just about everything.

Your going to be needing that list, probably sooner than later. If I were you I'd copy down The Info right now, and save it in a cool, dry, place.

Good luck, nobody has beat it...that I know of. We get people on here proclaiming that they have, then they spend time here writing responses and thinking about all things transgendered. If you ask me, that's like a reformed drunk hangin' around The Local Tavern.

Maybe, just maybe, being transgendered is the right and natural thing for us. Maybe, that's why it's so tough to quit. Maybe, our minds and bodies are trying to get us to do what's right for us.

Sorry, your message really depressed me. The Symbolic "Burning Purge," is really a bummer. It is so wasteful and pointless, it's like burning your own body, a form of self-mutilation!

Peace and Love, Joanie

I wish you luck in you endeaver, however I think you'll wish you didn't burn it all.

It never worked for me but I wish you good luck. I don't think it is really possible and I don't know why.

It's too PAINFUL for me to purge and quit, as my entire collection of stuff is worth over $20,000 plus some of it is beautiful RARE stuff to get like my awesome cheerleader outfits!

You should have just donated everything to Goodwill!