Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was I born a Cross Dresser ?

Question Was I born a Cross Dresser ?

As far back as I can remember i have been attracted to womens clothing.
    It started when as a baby I can remember some sort of contentment
    wearing plastic pants .

I overheard my mother telling her friend that she really wanted a girl.
    She would dress me in relations hand me downs , and I have pics of me as a child dressed in frilly dresses . No wonder I cross dress now !!!!

I then moved on to my mothers underwear , i wore her girdles , slips and nylons , and the thrill i got when dressed was fabulous.
    I would dress in her clothes whenever I could.

I am now married and have been for 30 years, and despite periods of trying to not cross dress , i always weaken and return and enjoy it.

I think I was born to cross dress , does anyone else think they were????

Betty

Born to Dress

Hi Betty, did you get inside my head when I wasn't lookin'???
    I have had the same thoughts throughout my life and I'm in my 60's. Actually I feel so much better whenever I am dressed or even partially dressed as in just lingerie(bra w/forms, pantyhose and panties). Like u, I 2 overheard my mom say to a freind that she had hoped I was a girl. Actually I always wanted to be a girl!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Make that 3. Not only did my mother say that she wanted a girl, she use to take me to a friend of her's children clothing store and have me model dresses and bonnets for other customers. This was because of the long curly blond hair I use to have.

This was always in total disagreement with my father who was always trying to bring me up as a strong and manly individual. As I have said in prior posts, "a lot of good that did".

From as far back a I can remember, I wanted to wear woman's clothing and pretend that I was an elegant lady. Whenever I was left home alone, I was into mom's lingerie, black dress and heels. And as the old saying goes: practice, practice, practice and you may just get what you want....

Nicole

I don't know if I was born a crossdresser( I can't remember that day) but I know it startred at a pretty early age for me. I would say about 5 or 6 years old I remember trying things on of my sister's and grandma's.
    [SIZE="2"]All those that believe in telekenesis, raise my hand.[/SIZE]

My thought process on this thread, is that if I wasnt born a cross dresser , what eventwas it at a very early age that lead me into cross dressing??

I know my mum dressed me in girls clothes , but not everyone would have had the same experience , so what was it , genetic or environment ?

Betty

Banned Read only
    only a couple times on halloween did my mother dress me as a girl, and she wanted a boy, and my earliest memories of dressing are back when I was 5 0r 6. I truely believe in my heart that we are born with this desire, it's not something that we aquire over time, or some reaction due to an even in our lives. Well this is just one girls opinion

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Yes, honey,yes you were. Just go with it.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I think that I was born like this. Some have crossdressing experiences related to their sexual development but I was a crossdresser many years before that.
    I have memories from my early childhood, probably 5 or 6, playing with my mom's panties and wearing pillow cases as dresses.

I don't know if my mother wanted a girl. I'm second child, preceded by a male, so it's possible. I don't think my mother ever dressed me as a girl because there were no girl's clothes in the house. In fact she used to dress us both with the same clothes (a self esteem booster...).

It's really hard to tell because nobody has clear memories of the first years of his life. Even my memories for my early childhood are vague. Maybe we all were dropped and got hit on the same place in our heads. Or there's something that made us genetically wired to have a strong feminine side.

I think there's a combination of many factors including a strong maternal image, a desire to relate or identify to that image, the opportunity and access to the items of clothing, a clear distinction between sexes (social wise). I find it hard to believe that only one of them is the cause or even the main cause of CDing. It has to be something inborn that can develop due to environmental factors.

Quote Originally Posted by bettysmith View Post
    I think I was born to cross dress , does anyone else think they were????

Betty
    Yes. Actually I think when I was born, I was really a girl with incorrect anatomy.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

One of my earliest memories is showing my mum pictures of a beautiful model in a fashion magazine ( 70's magazine , gorgeous clothes and fabulous makeup) and telling her " that's what I want to look like when I grow up " . And she told me I couldn't because I was a boy . I told her that wasn't fair , I should have the right to decide what I am , and she agreed , life isn't fair you should be able to choose . So I guess I was born to wear womens clothing .

I am convinced that I was born to be a Transgendered CD

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    ..... and wearing pillow cases as dresses....
    Wow, that is something I had totally forgotten about, I used to do that too as early as 3 or 4, I truly thought I was the only one who ever did this.

I have a story that may be too gross to post, from when I was at the oldest 2 1/2 years old that I remember clearly (it's a good thing we moved often, or I would have no time frame for it). At any rate, something happened with my body to make me tell my mom I thought I was actually a girl. I was so happy! Then she shot me down with reality.

I have a few memories starting around a year old, but none of them involve wanting to dress. I do believe it's something we're born with.

ummm ... ummmm excuse me..... girls ... You girls are CD's sorry to say , Im a TS. At least get one part right, we are all Trangendered. Yes that right all CD TV TS are Transgendered from birth. Not at 3 yrs old, not cuz mom wanted a girl, we all are Transgendered people. Except it, its what we are an do to things in moms womb , be it many reasons or one like in my case.

My father beat the shit out of my mother for period of months thus causing hormones to be dilevered to me under missfired amounts , duration an more.

Learn how you was born an why you are transgendered people. That will make coping with ones self alot easier to deal with .

Do research in your groub, find a book about youself. Be it online or in library, but do like I did just a month ago " Find yourself".

I read '' So You Want to be a T-Girl A Realistic Guide to the Transitional Journey" I found myself in this book. Took just a few pages an finally after what happened to me 6 months ago , someone finally gets it.

Be happy with yourself an read a book for real information. Do yourself an ur family a pleasure an be one with yourself.

Also on the opposite side the stat are horrific. I just never knew how bad.
    Beaware,behave,behappy

Love Breena

I'm pretty sure I was.
    My memory only goes back to about 3 on this when I tried on my first pair of panties.
    My mom wanted a girl too, but she got me instead. (A bit of both maybe.)
    I wore my sisters baby clothes the first year, so I'm told.
    I was teased in the barber shops by the barber when I was about 4-5 for having such long girly eyelashes.

Yea... I'm sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ABSOLUTELY ... I feel I was born this way.

As I think about it...
    I have 3 male cousins in my age group from my father's side.
    All 3 are gay and I am TG....it must be something genetic or hormonal from birth. I can't fathom that this is coincidence.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Yes. All equal, but some are more equal than others, eh? To paraphrase George Orwell.

-JMC

Quote Originally Posted by BreenaDion View Post
    ummm ... ummmm excuse me..... girls ... You girls are CD's sorry to say , Im a TS. Love Breena
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I should have been born a girl but I think my crossdressing waited until I was six

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I know that I was born a crossdresser. The same pattern as many of you had.I am so happy that I enjoy dressing this much.

I do not know that I was born a crossdresser but I wanted to wear a dress in kindergarten. When we sat on the floor the girls had skirts to pull down over their legs and feet, we boys wore pants and the other kids would stumble over our feet. I thought that a dress was a wonderful thing. I did not get to wear one for 35 years despite my strong attraction to women's clothing, and guess what, when I wear a dress nobody stumbles over my feet. Of course I don't often sit on the floor any more.

I have seen all sorts of theories on why we dress, I think it is a combination of the sunspot cycle, phases of the moon and the barometric pressure at the time of conception.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Wrenchette's uncle is a cross dresser and his mom always wanted a girl. I think you may have hit on something here.

I must have been, since that is all I think about.

I started dressing at age 4; I am 64 now and that says a bunch.

But I might reword the question, if I were asking it, to read: Were you born transgendered? My point is that I have come to feel very strongly that dressing is often an outward expression of an inward gender issue. Perhaps it is more appropriate to ask if we were born transgendered and if the dressing behavior simply manifested itself very early.

Those of you who were Catholic a long time ago - look at what I wrote and ask yourself what is the definition of a sacrament.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

I don'r know about being born a crossdresser, but I can remember my older female cousins dressing me up.

I bloomed into a cd

Nature can't be denied,
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Aspiring Member
    I was the second child of five, the first child was my sister. I think my parents did say at one time that they had hoped for another girl when I was born. Can't say for sure that I was born a crosdresser, and my parents never did dress me in girls' clothes, but I remember wanting to wear girly things, especially tights and pantyhose, at a very early age - maybe before kindergarten.