Thread: Dressing to go out (first time)

Dressing to go out (first time)

Ok, I'm going to Vegas next week and I want to dress and go out and be as passable as I can be (prolly not very passable, but hey, it's my life!!).

Here are my presumptions:

I'm a 33" waist so a size 12-14 dress (but try it on first...)

I've got the bra and panty sizing figured out, same with shoe sizes and nylons. I've done my nails so that's no problem.

The tough part is wig and makeup. I know where to get a wig, but, makeup,,,well, lets just say I'm artistically challenged. Does anyone know of a "First Timers" guide to makeup? I know, shave twice (or even three times) but after that I guess, some kind of foundation, eye makeup (??), lipstick, and ?

I know this question has probably been asked about a million times, if there are documents here of this type, a pointer to them is appreciated!

xo
    Ali

Well... I practiced makeup for over a year... every day before I had the nerve to go out so doing your makeup the first time and then going out is way more than I would try.... But that's just me...

Personally in that situation.... I would go get my makeup done.... find a local beauty salon and pay them to do you up right.... hair and alll.... then just go out and have fun....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

That sounds like good advice...any idea of cost for that kind of treatment?

Ali, I don't go out in public, but I have found that - for me - Clinigue makeup is very easy to use. Also, if you are out-of-town and not afraid of someone seeing you, you can get makeup tips from the Clinique counter while dressed in drab mode.

Good luck!

Cheap wig for under $100 and maybe $50 to $100 for the makeup!! ball park.... I'd research it first and call them and get a firm price.... chock it up to the cost of having fun in Vegas!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thanks Karran, I've found the website of a firm that does makeovers in Vegas so I just might give that a try.

Ali

Laura,

It's funny...I shop for Ali's clothes in drab, WalMart, Goodwill, Dress Barn, etc and don't have any problem. I've bought perfume and I've told the clerk it for me...no problem. I expect I'll be at the makeup counter next, getting instructions...after all, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...

Thanks,
    Ali
    Last edited by Di; 09-18-2009 at 06:53 AM.

Studio Lites in Vegas offers makeovers and is VERY trans/CD/Drag friendly. Ask for Chris.

http://www.studiolites.com/shop/

They do full makeovers, have tons of clothing, makeup, wigs, forms, etc. I highly recommend them. I bought a pair of forms from them while I was out there this past July. Great people.
    Last edited by Angel.Marie76; 09-18-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: DRAG not Grag... sheesh

Thanks Angel!

Ali

Check out Glamour Boutique in Las Vegas.. They do make-overs and have all the accessories.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I put on makeup years before I went out and was still afraid of how I looked. Call a beauty shop see if they have a back room to do your make up. Get dressed before you go. You might look funny in drab with all that makup on.

I had a friend that only discovered make-up last year help me 4 years ago...GG's might not be experts in some cases but, no one said much at the all day lesson and dance. I did clinique counter one year...still have the stuff and now need new foundation.

Currently, I am thinking about a make-up session at MAC or Sephora. MAC is $65 I read on here but, fee waived if you spend that much. If your confident about the rest, I am sure you can find one of those stores there and would probably purchase enough for the "make-over" to be free.

My thoughts....I just bought a ticket to Japan or Las Vegas would be a serious thought.

Brina

There a place here in Michigan call Merle Norma's they do makeovers in the store and it's a stand alone place. They take you in a back room sometimes and show you how and what to buy. There must be places like that all over. They just want to sell makeup and they do make you look beautiful.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Check out Glamour Boutique in Las Vegas.. They do make-overs and have all the accessories.
    OH, yes, I'll second this place, though I've not been there myself, I know a few people out there that recommend that place. Also, there is a group of CDers/ Transfolk that frequent that particular shop and do lunch / dinner outings from what I understand. I've heard the name in passing quite a few times, and in talking with Chris @ Studio Lites, he indeed confirmed it was another good place to visit.