Thread: Started therapy

Started therapy

I took the step this week and started therapy. I am starting down the road of transsexuality! It's going to be a long road as I am still sorting out how to handle my wife, job, friends (all the things you girls have gone through!) I am thankful for the support that I will receive on this board. Thanks ladies!

Banned Read only
    This is great! Keep an open mind. It is not a done deal just because you are starting therapy. You may find that you are not transsexual. Only time with your therapist will tell.

GO get 'em!!

its exciting, scary and quite empowering to sit in a room and feel like you can just talk about yourself in an honest way!!

i hope everything goes well for you...

try to consider that you will have many sessions..the first one can be very unpredictable..

Congratulations on the therapist it is a big step. I like Jorja's advice!

Jorja, thanks for the advice. I am open to that possibility, although my heart tells me otherwise.

My first session is less than a week away now. It was about two months ago that I booked...

I very much agree with and understand the "heart tells me otherwise" bit too.

Congrats on taking the first step Emily! Remember to spill your guts and don't hold back.

They've heard it all so don't be shy.

Welcome to the "Truth in the end" CLUB

exclusive membership club, where no one wants to be a member, no one cares for their member, and everyone rejoices when you finally loose your member!

Well, do laugh at your life, cause crying, ruins your mascara!

Well put Inna..............
    Brighid

Good luck, Emily. I am sure it won't be easy, but failing to come to terms with things does not sound like a better option.