Thread: Having your last name changed , again

Having your last name changed , again

Yeah I was wondering if any one ever got their name changed at an early age. Like for instant being adopted by a step father newly marrying mom and wanting the family having all the same last name. Or being adopted by another family by whatever means caused you to be there. I was adopted by way of mom being remarried and this at age 12. I didn't want the change but in the Judges chambers my older brother and sister coerced me into excepting the change as I was against it. Might say at a young age I saw the beast behind that guy and decades later he proved me right.

So 46 yrs later here I am waiting on a different Judge to set an injustice straight after all this time. I won"t tell Him/Her what the real reason is for the last name but I was wondering.

How did it make you feel after said change?
    Did you go through mood changes because of it ?
    Did it subcide any depression feelings ?
    Was it helpful in your treatment of PTSD and ease any symptoms ?
    Or any other ways did it help ?

I have lived with this for way to long and now with Transexualism kinda on my side, back or pushing me to change I finally have the courage to ease my PAIN !
    Its one feeling to get said GID off your back and get the name right but this last name is different .

Thanks.
    What else are you going to pick on cause for me it just ain't worth it, so I just look away and keep moving forward.

Breena.

HW change required Andie Elisabeth's Avatar
    I got my last name change when I was 18 to mom's current/maiden name. My reason to do it were really awful memories which were bound to my dad's last name. I got nicknames because of it and I hated them.
    It made me feel a bit better.
    I had mood changes. But no suicidal feelings or depression.
    From time to time I fear I'll make a slip but that was a feeling which occurred last month but that's like some distant memory now.
    "It'll be just like old times, except...different" -- Ezri Dax

Sorry Andie for the Pain of having that man's last name. I feel your anger and suffering and like me I hope its over. Its weird gonna have a different last name than my two kids who I love very much and to die for but the family is ok with my decision to change. I just hated him SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUCH but I had to respect mom and her wishes and now she has passed on, thank god and now I am moven on a piece at a time. I have been through TO F**KING MUCH. I cry just thinking of being rid of this STINK of a last name. I have been burdened to much abuse/humiliation from to many people for to long. After my first divorce in 1980 I spent 3 yrs going nowhere then the next 3 yrs I spent fixing myself. I hate the misery I had to endure but my DOCTOR says im a survivor, crap I feel most of the time I lost but im at least finally putting things behind me.
    What else are you going to pick on cause for me it just ain't worth it, so I just look away and keep moving forward.

Breena.

Hi,

Because of detail over 65 years ago & what happened to Mom & i, i could have had my name changed in fact i do have another 4th name that would have taken care of that as a sir name its, Von Reutchthos. Prussian from my history,

I had thought about it because Moms names from maidain name was changed 3 times, because of marrage & deaths that happened, so in the end i stayed with what i was given that of Loch-head,

Yes i have issues with what happened , iv worked through it to the place of im strong enough to carry it & not let it hurt me as it has , or could have distroyed both Mom & myself. some times we go through things & we become stronger or let it take us down & its very hard getting back up.

...noeleena...

Just doing a first name change right now and have no compunction to change the last but the thought is there now thanks..... I'll probably stick to plan a its almost done now.

I'm looking forward to the day that I can change my name!

Saw my Social Worker yesturday and Im telling ya that B**ch has serious mood changes even at 58 geeee give me a break. So I am still waiting for the news courier to publish it in legal notices as I have a waiver of all expensives so I wait. I am postponing all matters that concern my old name, seeing new Doctors, new therapists and filling FAFSA for my son and others. Just trying to avoid more humilation cause of Gender Dysphoria and I also need new checks LOL so Im using my sons where ever I can. Then after publishcation I submit the return notice to the court and wait maybe a couple months for a court date. All this delay is because they toss me at the bottom of the list cause I have a waiver of costs. Freebies go last grrrrrrrrrr, but its worth waiting for. Then I'll be free not off yes some G.D. but of that monsters last name.

I am starting to pause the visits to my Gender Therapist AKA Social Worker and that stress is beginning to avade or for now ,intermittent as I will make it a period of 6 months to a year for subsquent appointments as she wants 3 to 6 months.
    Last edited by BreenaDion; 01-18-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Breena.

So today is the first day that the legal notice of name change is in the paper. With the resent extreme slow down on any Doctor and/or therapist visits my stress levels and Flash Backs as in the 3 T's are subsiding greatly. Been since Veterans Day was the last 2 hour Flash Back. My GID and PTSD are wound together so tightly like strands of a rope and Im feeling better at each minor step forward. Today is the start of many good days ahead. 20 degrees out and 1/2 " of snow on the ground with gusts of over 20 mph I did ride 20 miles day on the bike with my trailer in tow. Going 8-10 mph with the Sun so bright and not a cloud to be found was in fact a great day for me even before the news. Love the outdoors and specially the SUN !!! Glorious day all around .

Breena.