Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a MTF transsexual

Do you get mood swings? and if so how do you cope with them?

What advice would you give to an SO also coping with mood swings.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

GypsyKaren
    I get them because of my bipolar and they can be pretty severe, and Kat will get in my face if she has to, but sometimes it just takes a hug or a moo.

Karen

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Yes, I do get mood swings. In the beginning when I first started taking hormones it was little confusing how my mood could suddenly change 180 degrees within few seconds. Now I'm more familiar with the feeling of my moods changing. This allows me to control my mood a lot better but not 100%. There are still times when it just comes out and I can't do anything about it and I'll always end up regretting it afterward.

What I'd recommend to do is to learn to recognize the moods swings or when they're about to happen and act accordingly. It might also help if the person having the mood swings actually mentions them so that one could be prepared for them. This should help with getting used to the mood swings for both of you.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Heck, I have always had wild mood swings, but much less so since transitioning. But they're still there, still lurking and ready to strike at any time as I deal with innate depression. Only now I see them coming and hand out hardhats to those in the vicinity.

Be honest with yourselves (both SOs) and recognize them as they begin so you can do what it takes to control them or end them as quickly as possible.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Aspiring Member
    I really love this thread. Thank you all so much for thoughts & feelings. Keep it going!

Tammy's Transsexual girl. Joan Merrie's Avatar

Mood swings, Yes they're not as bad as before. My wife and daughter tells me to just get over it.
    Coping, talk, talk, talk, and talk somemore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tammy and me, not your usual couple
    :JoanMerrie:Yes I admit it I'm a trans rabbit.
    Simply me.

mood swings i tend to cry a lot. it seems to help as i feel so good after wards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Are any of you into dudes? It seems like 99% of the 'dealing with so' type posts here are about wives/female partners. For those who are into dudes (there has to be some!), dp you feel outnumbered here?
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Quote Originally Posted by 4serrus View Post
    Are any of you into dudes? It seems like 99% of the 'dealing with so' type posts here are about wives/female partners. For those who are into dudes (there has to be some!), dp you feel outnumbered here?
    Nope, I don't feel outnumbered at all, though I prefer men to "dudes."
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

I like men and woman. but right now men are not on top of my list until i heal anyways then gentlemen start your engines
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, I know we're not outnumbered. I think the reason that there are so many posts like that is because it's such a thorny issue. I don't have that issue so I can't really speak to it. Then again, dating guys can be a thorny issue too, if you're not into chasers. I suppose it's because we like to keep that serious girl talk on closed channels.

Did you at any point think "I can't go on with this"?

What did you do to keep yourself going to the point you've now reached?

Mostly Harmless...
    To me sex of my partner doesn't really matter. Not anymore, anyway. Before I got this whole thing going on I was only attracted towards girls but now I'm attracted towards both sexes. However, I'm already married so it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    After I had accepted myself and started to transition there wasn't a time when I thought I couldn't do it.

I keep waking up each day living my life the way I want to live it as a girl.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

GypsyKaren

Never, I knew it was something I had to do, you just take it one day at a time and keep going.

Karen

It's not out of the realm of possibility. If something was to happen with me and Tammy, then yea. But not now. We do window shop.
    Simply me.

Yes. My wife, she is my rock, she saw I was about to self destruct. She said do what you have to do.
    Simply me.

No, once I made my decision to jump off the proverbial cliff, there was no turning back for me.

If I turned back, my fear was that I would never regain the fortitude to move forward again. There are so many obstacles and so many naysayers out there that we inevitably encounter negativity that causes us to catch our breath and either give in to it and be miserable or stick our chins out and tell ourselves "I have the need and the right to be who I am, dammit."

It's not an easy life every now and then (mostly then than now), but it's the only life I have.
    Marilyn Monroe

i had my doubts. but i chose to sort them out as i travel down my path. the good news was there was no major issues.

don't get me wrong the only problem was me i wanted it all and i wanted it now. the hormones ain't working fast enough, I'm too fat, why can't i look pretty, this makeup stuff is too hard that kinda stuff. after i accepted myself life got better. dam the torpedo's full steam ahead. just do it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar

I put myself in a position where I just had to go forward dispite what obsticles were in the way. It has been a steady progressive journey but for all I have had to endure it's been more than worth it.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

New question

I was on "The Coctail" back in the late '80's. The shots in the butt hurt like hell and the constant blood draws were not much fun either. I was only on the mixture for only 2 yr. Life got in the way and had to go off of it when Dad had a very serious injery (sp). I had to be "The Man" and just as my outside was becoming like my inside. That was a long time ago and I know a lot has changed. I have been reading a lot lately. Patches sound great to me. I have a appointment with an endocrinoligest (sp again) on Tues 29. I feel the time is right for me now and not to mention time is also running out. I also know that any outcome at all at least phisicaly would be a plus. What I think and what my question is... Should a person at my age (45) just go for the T-blockers and not push so much for the estrol? I will ask doc also but would like thoughts from others. I think estrol will not be that effective at my age. Am I wrong?

I think the E will do it's thing. But like you said, ask your endo.
    Simply me.

GypsyKaren
    I didn't start taking estrogen until I was 54 and it's done a lot for me, so I wouldn't worry about the age thing.

Karen

I hated going back and forth. It was the worst thing for me. I had to get over the fear of what every one thinks of me and the fear of losing my famaly,freinds and job. I do the best job I can of keeping it simple. When some one laughs or makes a snear I just smile and go on.

I've never heard about about alcohol makin you one thing or another.

#3 supporting the transgenderd community. Quite tring to cure us.

#4 I have worked as a counseler and have been there myself. There was no help when I was young. I was told I was diffrerant thats all I got. Theres a lot more help now days, but it's still hard. People make jokes, laugh, comments. Learning to acept or how to deal with them is hard. The possibalty of loseing freinds,famaly,job is another reason. Being caught in between as a transgenerd also. There is a lot to work through. But with all that said there is wonderful sites like this one and so many others. It's a start

#5 every one is differant some come out early some come out late some never come out. Being scared being ashamed this will go away thing.

Debrah yes it is still scary but not near as much. I have so many that support me in the last six weeks that I have went full time. I go to the gym and go into the male dressing room as a female and change I get the looks but no one has ever said any things bad to me yet. As I get better with my dress and make-up I get called mam more often. The stores have realy gotton to know me and they have been very helpfull.
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-26-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, use the edit function as multiposting is not allowed on the forum

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    Lisa don't let your age be a factor, your endocriniologist will know what is best for you. I started HRT at the same age that you are, I'm 48 now and have been on HRT for three years, the hormones will still do a lot for you at your age so don't worry about it and best of luck to you at your appointment.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by SirTrey View Post
    Okay....this question was asked of us by an MtF, so I will ask it the other way....When you think of FtM's, do you find it hard to imagine why we need/want to be men?
    Not hard to imagine at all,

I've always understood it & felt bad for the FTM's too!!!!..
    I know how painful it is emotionally to be born with the wrong body parts, and figured it was exactly the same for you guy's.

It's the same feelings & needs, but just going in different directions..

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]